Part 114

Y/N sat alone, yet his mind accompanied him with his thoughts. He nearly daydreamed as he stared aimlessly at the wall before him, unaware of the outside world and its endeavors.

What did he feel at the moment? Guilt? Sorrow? No, he didn't feel any of that.

True, there was the grief and longing for Sangria, but his conversation with Monroe made him feel empty.

He wanted to know the name of the man he killed, just to try something, anything. Not to make amends, but to feel an ounce of emotion from it all.

Was it wrong to feel this way? To feel nothing after killing a man? Or was it just?

The same thoughts repeated, looped, over and over again. It plagued him like an infection.

He was so desperate to feel something knowing he hated nothing.

It was too late, no amount of help would stop him from being what he was made to do. He was fine with that, he made peace with it the moment he forged his own Rakuyo.

He still craved to feel something, and not just the recoil of his gun when he killed someone, or the resistance under his blade as he cut down another foe.

The lone man sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying desperately to shake off this weight on his shoulders.

Releasing a long and tired exhale, he grabbed his scroll, typed up a message, and sent it.

Need a distraction...

He needed to get out of this bed, or at least try something to occupy himself with.

Not long after the message, his room door was pushed aside, and in came an air of awkwardness.

Harriet cleared her throat as she pointed to his weapons, earning a small frown from Y/N.

"Uhhh... yes?" He said, watching her slow and hesitant movements.

"Just checking." She muttered.

Taking a rolling table, Harriet placed a few of his weapons on top of its clean, metal surface, the few that would fit anyway.

Rolling the table over, she watched with a raised brow when he got to work checking over his revolver.

Using only one hand, he flicked the cylinder out with a dislodged pin, next he removed the silver plate over the heavy barrel.

Placing each part on the table in a certain order, he released a deep sigh and looked to Harriet.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

The Specialist shrugged. "How's this going to work now?"

She pointed to herself then him, getting a hum in returning.

"Nothing's changing." He replied, much to her surprise.

"What?"

Her voice was low when she approached, it wouldn't help much considering the faunus health workers, but their friends weren't faunus.

"I had a talk with her... a lot of talks." He set aside his firearm to soothe her rampant emotions. "Long story short, she agreed to a sort of... three way."

Seeing her eyes widen, he cleared his throat to further reiterate. "That is if you're comfortable with that... I'm not forcing anything on anyone."

She broke out into a wide grin with a scoff. "Comfortable is putting it lightly."

Using her thumb, she flicked her nose with an avoiding gaze. An indication he caught onto over the years that she was feeling confident or angry, in this case it was obvious.