Part 81

"So this is it, huh?"

"It just needs a bit of elbow grease."

Sangria hummed with a nod. "A lot of it."

She kneeled and ran the tips of her fingers in the dirt; it was damp and earthy after recent rainfall.

Y/N laid a palm on a nearby tree, its hard surface raised high into the air and settled over deep roots.

"Was four acres enough?" He asked almost worriedly.

"More than enough." Sangria chuckled and gestured to their surroundings. "Look at all of it; it's not like we're starting a farm."

The two stood over their brand new property, four acres of land on the island of Patch. The long wait was well worth the time and money.

"There's a lake not too far away too," Y/N added as he took a deep breath to savor the sweet smell in the air. "It runs from the mountains down to the nearest town."

"I think it's perfect."

Y/N cracked a smile as he heard her soft tone and saw her shared emotion.

Neo eyed the man with a weary gaze as he was seemingly lost in thought with his LMG in hand.

She could tell he was becoming impatient, which wasn't exactly strange; it was terrifying the more she thought about it.

It didn't take long to tell that he wasn't here for business on Haven's behalf, let alone Atlas'. He was here for something personal, and whoever this Marcus Black was, she felt the utmost pity for him.

Y/N kept a solid hold of his weapon, hooking his left hand in a small grip he was most comfortable with.

The LMG was customized entirely, not by him but by someone who preferred he get the entire package and experience.

On a quad rail system were a few tactical goodies he quite liked. The first was the grip to help with his aim and keep a solid grip on the weapon overall.

Next were a couple basics, a large and bright laser sight as well as a bright flashlight, not that he'd use it himself.

Lastly was a mid to long-range scope on top with a bright crosshair, while resting atop it was a convenient holographic sight.

All in all, he felt comfortable carrying it, similar to how he felt safe and secure when he wore his new uniform with a matching color scheme.

The two descended the stairs and approached a door even Neo couldn't get through; Y/N had a feeling it was their lead to the underground tunnels.

The entire compound was buzzing with mercenaries; they knew something was wrong when their command post hadn't responded; it didn't make things any better when Neo's aura was needed for her safety.

In the near pitch dark halls, Y/N whispered to her. "Take it easy; it's better to be safe than sorry."

'What am I supposed to do?' She signed with furrowed brows. She could hold her own in a fight; Y/N didn't doubt it either after their small bout, but it was a whole other story when it came to the small army outside.

"Stay behind me." He ordered with a stern voice.

Reluctantly nodding, Neo fell in line as she followed him; she was surprised that despite his size, he could move at a near-silent pace.

The door they approached was hidden behind a long line of bookshelves in a break room. Neo had initially thought it was a stash or hidden vault due to its size and provided security.