Part 48

After leaving his kit at Sangria's, Y/N searched Shady Springs for a certain shop.

He wondered the lone, quiet streets until he found a place he desired, filled with modern clothing, sectioned in different areas by style, desire and region.

Now, he picked out something to his liking with generic royalty free music softly playing above him.

He saw a pair of shoes at the corner of his eyes under a rack of clothing, they were the sort of sneakers that went above the ankle with blue pants.

He ignored the aura poking at the back of his mind, until he heard them speak with a soft and teasing voice.

"I did not expect to see you here."

"Why is that?" Y/N evenly replied, pushing clothes hung on hangers until he found his desired style and size.

"It's that strange thing Hunters do, they have several copies of the same clothes for every day of the week."

"I know what you mean." Y/N said with a hum, not bothering to correct her. "They have a weird... connection, to their outfit."

"And what about you?" She asked, finally appearing from behind the rack to reveal the doctor, Maya. She held a small pile of scrubs, Y/N could guess why.

"Me?" Y/N inspected his gifted suit. "Guess you could say the same."

She hummed in return, pursing her lips to the side as her canine ears folded back in thought, she gave him a long once over.

"I've actually been meaning to speak to you." She whispered as she leaned close. "Are you free?"

Y/N gave her a mild questioning frown. "What's this about?" He asked, not whispering.

She bit her bottom lip in a thoughtful manner as her eyes averted. "I'd like to - what they would say - 'have a look under the hood'. If you agree, of course."

Have a look under the hood...? Who says that?

"You're going to have to be more specific." Y/N replied, inspecting an article of clothing that caught his eye.

"I want-!" She stopped short to stand on the tip of her shoes, her shorter height barely allowing her to peak over the hung clothing. She finally leaned close with a hiss. "-I want to perform some tests, more specifically to see what's under all-" She softly poked his chest. "-that."

"No." Came her reply, it was both stern and swift for obvious reasons.

"What??" She said, puzzled. "Why not?! Don't you want to know how you did what you did?" Her voice died down as she saw his expression. "Unless... you already do..."

"I do." Y/N replied vaguely as he finally gathered two full outfits and walked away.

"Wait!" She called out before catching up with a hand on his chest. "I-I know it's strange with what happened at Eli's, but I promise you it's strictly scientific, it won't get between you or Sangria-"

Y/N fixed her with a small glare. "Wha-? How do you know about that?"

His body tensed, she saw it and identified it as defensively hostile.

"W-well," The doctor stammered, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "it's not exactly a secret."

How is that possible??

"Nearly the entire town saw you two, frankly I'm happy she finally opened up to someone-"

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked, his eyes narrowing and his body relaxing.