Part 30

Y/N's current weapons were immediately out of the question, it's body coverage was akin to a full suit of armor, both flexible for great mobility and heavy for a near impenetrable defense, with an added probability of being impervious to his arcane magic.

My best shot is breaking the bone and expose what's underneath.

It was obviously resistant to slash and thrust attacks, he needed a solid blunt deterrence.

His heart beating wildly in his chest, Y/N jumped forward, rolling on the ground with the monster's blade sailing just over head and crashing into the ground.

Quickly swapping and stowing his weapons, Y/N reached back to grab his hard light hammer while his suit lit up in the same (Aura Color) pattern.

The dust crystal reacting to his highly focused aura, activated the brutal assassin weapon, deploying it's double sided lights.

The unknown Grimm quickly recovered by yanking it's greatsword from the ground. It turned and charged for an immediate attack, this time however, Y/N noticed it moved slower for a possible follow-up attack.

Deploying his hard light shield, Y/N kept it at the ready only for an emergency, he wasn't chancing a direct hit like that.

Now standing ready for battle, Y/N squinted as they were hit with the blizzards cold winds, leaving them nearly blind.

This time, it swung in a wide arc with it's weight evenly distributed. Y/N quickly dashed forward with his smoky trail quickly blowing away with the wind.

Maintaining his momentum, Y/N skidded along the ground before grunting and releasing a hard swing to the armored Grimm's knee.

The sound emanating from the attack was like a smithy folding metal, the hard light burnt the point of impact and left a large crack in it's knee bone, but otherwise left it untouched, it was merely a wound standing out from the rest.

The monster being far faster than he expected, Y/N brought his shield up in time for the sword to smash into it.

Skidding along with gritted teeth, Y/N came to a stop with his shield holding up. The Grimm showed mild surprise with a muffled grunt.

Deactivating his shield, Y/N released a deep growl from his chest. His arm ached from a pain he hadn't experienced in a very long time.

Clenching his fist until it shook, the Hunter flexed his arm in an attempt to ignore the pain he felt.

Swinging his arm in a quick windmill, Y/N reactivated the shield before letting out a bloody war cry and charged full speed.

The monster met him half way at a similar speed after a sufficient build up, it brought the sword up and back for a vicious smash.

Waiting until the last possible second, Y/N dashed to the side as the blade sliced through a plume of smoke.

The beast losing sight of it's target for a moment, began to yank the weapon free for another follow up.

The weapon quickly turned into a support beam for it's weight as it dropped to one knee.

It's back ankle was completely shattered by Y/N's hammer to reveal a thick hide beneath, it was nowhere near as tough as it's armor but it was enough to protect from minor attacks.

Just as Y/N predicted, it was more concerned protecting a weak spot than retrieving a weapon. It twisted it's torso to blindly swing it's arm, an attack that wasn't anywhere near it's swords power

The Grimm's and came to a sudden stop, having impacted with Y/N's shield and digging his shoes into the ice, he used that opportunity to parry and smash the hammer into it's elbow joint.