Part 139

Routine, routine, routine. That's what Y/N's days consisted of for the next week and a half.

Despite all the warm and fuzzy feelings, Y/N often wondered what Sienna was up to. Not literally, of course.

She was at his side practically 24/7, and not once did he hear a word of the White Fang, making him wonder if she outright quit, maybe even grew apart from them.

Either way, it was a rare moment where she had left the house, leaving Y/N alone to tend to his revolver.

He did the same meticulous checkup, stripping each part, inspecting it, cleaning it, then finally reassembling.

The magnum's barrel was pointed to the ceiling while its cylinder was by his ear, rotated to listen to each crisp click.

Ludwig sat beside him, watching in curiosity. He didn't know much about firearms, his specialty was the sword.

One final click earned a satisfied sigh from the Hunter and a question from Ludwig.

"Interesting... do you reckon that it could be loaded with silver?"

Definitely.

"Perhaps Dr. Polendina could help."

I'll add it to the list of things we'll-

Y/N's ears caught a harsh pounding by the door, it wasn't aggressive but more passive and in rhythm.

Sounds like she's back.

Y/N next turned his attention to his Kukri, all it needed was a good oiling.

He stopped once more when the door opened, allowing a draft in, filled with a very foreign smell.

Being the cautious person he was, Y/N grabbed his revolver and hid it under the table he sat to, its barrel pointed to the door and ready.

"Sienna?" An unknown voice called out. "Sienna-"

Through the door came an older woman, maybe a decade or two younger than Fria, a very apparent detail about her was her hair, mildly gray with faint orange lining tiger ears.

She had stopped in the middle of the room, frozen and face to face with a revolver her night vision was able to reveal.

"Y/N?" Ludwig said, his voice slow. "I think she may be-"

Yeah, I had the same thought.

"W-who are you?" The woman asked, her voice soft but apparent with fear.

Y/N cleared his throat, feeling an atmosphere of awkwardness set in as opposed to the threat she saw.

Bringing his revolver back up and emptying all five rounds on the table, he awkwardly gestured to the rest of his arsenal he had yet to, or finished maintaining.

"Uhh, the rest aren't loaded, don't worry." It was a lie, he kept his weapons loaded at all times.

Seeing that there was no shift in her emotions, he stood from the table with a stifled groan, deciding to build distance from the weapons as he leaned on the kitchen counter.

"I'm Y/N." He said, his demeanor changing to deescalate the situation. "Sienna went out to go grocery shopping."

For the first time, Y/N found himself hoping he was recognized, but even that was far fetched now considering his vast difference in appearance.

The woman was cautious, her ears were folded back with a small furrow in her brow.

Her hair was long and kept in a soft ponytail, while she did have vast similarities to Sienna, she also had a little red jewel rested just above her eyebrows, something Sienna lacked.