Part 164

Things had grown to be worrying, even more so than ever.

Sienna, who Glynda thought was a very strict and stoic person, was seated on the back porch, having a very animated conversation with who knows what. The aggravated expression she held with the lack of Y/N was the problem.

Stepping away from the dining table, she headed upstairs, where a muffled movement had persisted for some time now.

She searched the first place to come to mind, the bedroom. But when Y/N wasn't there, she moved on to her study, then a storage room where Y/N's weapons were stored with unused exercise equipment.

Hearing the same muffled tumble again, she moved to the last room, the guest room.

Inside were an arrangement of boxes, all filled to the brim with supplies related to soft colored walls and a baby crib, hidden underneath a spare bedsheet.

"Y/N?" She called out to her husband who was deep in thought and surrounded by opened boxes.

"Hm?" He lifted his head, surprised. "Y-yeah?"

"What are you doing?" She asked with furrowed brows.

He cleared his throat, seemingly thinking the situation was quite obvious.

"What's going on?" She gestured to the wall behind her where Sienna's frustration could still be faintly heard. "Sienna—she's-"

"Mad." Y/N nodded with pursed lips. "I gotta—I gotta talk to you about that."

"What happened?" She asked curiously.

"Well, she called her parents to tell them she left the White Fang..." He gave a small shrug. "They didn't take the news too well, and they're blaming me."

He shook his head, almost uncaring. "She wanted to tell them something else, but they were—upset. I even heard them say a few things their language doesn't have."

Seeing the somewhat somber light in his eyes, she again asked with a softer voice. "What's happening? W-what are you even doing in here?"

"Yeah..." He again cleared his throat before setting aside one of the many boxes. "We talked—this morning."

Hearing him take a deep breath now worried her, as did the fact that he held her hands, cradling them.

"About last night, we decided that whatever happens, we're going to—let happen."

Glynda's eyes slowly widened in realization, igniting a strange mixture of emotions within.

Was she angry? She felt that she should be, but she can't be. It was a reality she accepted a long time ago when he revealed what happened with Harriet.

There was also the paternal emotions kicking in. Revealing he fully intended on having a child that wasn't her's, it was jarring, weird. But above all else, it sort of felt wrong.

And then it hit her, the thought that's been at the back of her mind.

"What about us?" She asked near a whisper.

Her husband's eyes immediately softened, as did his gruff voice. "What would you want to do?"

"I-I don't know..." She stammered breathlessly. "One baby is—it's a lot, b-but two??"

"It'll be hard..." He nodded with a dreadful sigh. "But not impossible."

"I don't know." She repeated. "I-I have work and you—you have all of this going on."

"I don't think that could stop us." He replied softly. "Yeah, I'm scared, but at this point I'm more scared of a baby then dying, even then I still go out there."