Part 177

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

Y/N didn't know how long it had been since their sudden embrace, but it was long enough for Raven to find her voice, however weak and hurt it was.

She clutched to him with trembling shoulders and shaky gasps. While her face remained hidden, buried in his chest, he could identify this type of sadness, and relate to it.

"It's okay..." He whispered softly to her as he rubbed a little comforting pattern on her back. "It's okay."

Neither could remember when they were last in this position, yet, neither seemed to have forgotten it, all the embraces, talks, and kisses. It was all still there like it was just yesterday.

Raven had never said it, or admitted it, but she adored him, loved him, even. And it was all for this, how they both changed so much over the years and still remained the same.

"It's okay." He repeated while softly shushing her. "It's alright."

And in that moment, Raven agreed. Everything felt okay, and it felt that it was going to be alright.

Standing in his embrace for a few more minutes, she finally came to, slowly lifting her head but never meeting his gaze.

Soon, his warmth began to rapidly dissipate while the cold streaks on her face began to fade, wiped clean with his thumbs when he cupped her cheeks and repeated the same comforting words.

"It's okay..."

When he made the effort to lower his gruff voice, that's when she finally looked to his (Eye Color) pools of warmth, forgiveness, and empathy.

"You're okay..."

Every word he shared, she believed. It picked her up and encouraged her with a firm grip of the hand.

In this moment, she took the opportunity to relish in the past, reaching up to hold his hands that were scarred from his blade.

It was a rotten reminder of her first mistake. How she left him and avoided him, and if she could have made the effort to smooth things over, this would have been an entirely different situation, the sort that would end with a smile and kiss she often thought of.

She didn't know how he could find forgiveness in his heart, but she didn't care how, she only cared about this.

Letting go of his hands, she once again slid them under his jacket, to grasp the material of his shirt just over his scar.

He held her again, to bury his nose in her hair with his soft breaths warming the crown of her head.

"Everything's going to be okay..." He reassured her once more. "You just stumbled on a stone in the road..."

In his presence, his arms, she was completely and utterly putty within his hands.

While comforted by his soft words and warm hug, she felt safe, and could finally catch a wink of sleep.

________________________________

As the minutes had gone by, Qrow had grown worried with questions going array.

Before he could decide on what to do next, the same portal opened, and out came Y/N with Raven not too far behind.

Wordless in his approach, Y/N calmed Boss with a little scratch on his head when he caught sight of Raven.

Y/N nodded to the house, bringing along even Raven who pushed past her hesitance.

Once inside, he could see the emotion boiling up inside everyone.