D E S T I N E D T O L O V E

Kross and Destiny laid in bed, curled up beside one another. It felt good having his fiancé's presence at home again. It was like he couldn't sleep when her side of the bed was cold and empty. "I missed this." She broke the comfortable silence as the rain from outside could be heard splattering on the roof.

"Tell me about it." He grinned, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. After running a few more tests, Dr. Richard discharged Destiny from the hospital. She couldn't wait to get home and see the kids; and they were both just as happy to see her again.

Kaleb was real clingy the first few weeks, not wanting to leave his mother's side or share her with anyone else, not even Skylar. She thought about how true it was what they said: children are too smart for their own good. Of course Skylar was exhilarated when she saw Destiny walking through the door.

A small part of four- year old Skylar thought she'd never see Destiny again, which only made her sad. But it was true what her daddy said because she did come back. "Aren't you tired?" Kross asked, his eyes shut closed as his hand went up and down her back. There was a long pause while Destiny stared up at his side profile in the dark room. The moonlight shining in reflected on his ochre skin, much like the mellow-brown light that bathed the forest.

She wondered how she got so lucky. Before Kross, she didn't get to experience what being loved properly felt like. Not from a man in her past, not even from her own father. Kross Jackson wasn't the the infamous 'millionaires son' in her eyes, but rather a man who took his time getting to know her— gaining her trust and teaching her how to love herself first.

"Hello? Earth to the future Mrs. Jackson." Kross waved his hand in her face, chuckling. "My bad. I zoned out a bit." She blinked a couple times. "You okay?" He raised his eyebrows, eyeing her intensely as if it wasn't practically pitched black in their bedroom.

"Yeah, I'm fine babe. I just can't thank God enough for placing you in my life." Destiny expressed, sort of catching herself off guard. It was one of those moments when you say what your thinking out loud instead of keeping it in your head, but she wasn't embarrassed. She'd voice her love for Kross from a mountain top if she had to.

"Destiny Miracle Jones, you getting soft on me?" Kross joked. She playfully slapped his shoulder, a soft giggle escaping her mouth as she shook her head. "It's you." He turned on his side, "From the minute my eyes landed on you. It's always been you." He told her.

Destiny was different from the girls in his past; way different. She didn't care about who he was or the money. She wasn't in it for the benefits and she damn sure wasn't faking the love she felt. Kross cherished that. For the first time in what felt like a very long time, Kross was opened to giving another woman his heart; which he trusted Destiny with.

"What if I would of said no to going out the country with you as a first date?" She randomly asked after a long beat. He cleared his throat, chuckling. "Then I would've kidnapped you." He stated jokingly, but deep down he was serious. Destiny's unique, she made Kross value his time.

"I wanna get married soon." She admitted, voice imprinted with seriousness. Kross licked his lips before placing one hand behind his neck and using the other to pull her body closer to his. "I thought you'd never bring it up." He cheesed uncontrollably.

"Well I didn't want to rush my recovery process. But, it's been almost three months and besides, I'm ready to walk down the aisle." Her cheeks flushed at the thought of their wedding day. For once in her life, Destiny felt stable and content with how things were playing out. The weight of everyone else's problems wasn't weighing her down and that was a relief.

"Well, how soon we talking? Cause I was ready to marry yo' fine ass the minute you blessed me with a son." He hovered over her. "Mr. Jackson, I'd advise you not to start anything you can't finish." She teased him. Kross smirked, leaning down to peck her lips.

"Take this robe off." He commanded abruptly, unexpectedly, softly yet firmly and authoritatively— tugging at the silk robe that graced her body. Destiny did as she was told, leaving herself nude as the lamp on the left nightstand. She liked when he took charge. The obeying never failed to arose her. He took her right breast into his mouth, sucking passionately. A soft moan escaped her mouth as she began feeling him rub in between her legs. She slightly bit his shoulder.

With a blink of an eye, Kross parted her legs, twirling his tongue against her clit. "Oh," she breathes, "that's the best." It wasn't long before her walls were tightening; indicating that she had reached her peak. Kross smirked to himself, pulling her body down a little more.

He drove himself into her, a slight groan of pleasure escaping his lips before pulling out. Destiny pouted. She hated when he toyed with her like this. Her agony was his guilty pleasure. He slid back into her with more force this time. She gripped each side of the sheet, whining with pleasure and that was good. He kept on, slowing his pace a bit. He pushed her knees up higher. He was almost there and so was she, again.

And then the knot at the root of his penis dissolved in fire, melting. His weight now on top her body while the two could be heard panting. Kross moved his head slightly to place a wet kiss on her lips. "I love you." He uttered, meaning each word.

Destiny's heart fluttered just as it did any other time she heard that three letter word. "I love you, too. We truly are Destined to love."

  - - -

Let's chat!
It's been a minute since I updated this book (don't drag me y'all, writers block is real asf). Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though 🤍
Ps- the next 2 chapters will be the last chapters so stay tuned!

Vote + Comment !