A N E W S T A R T ?

Two weeks later:

As figured, life for Kross and I returned back to chaotic the minute we landed home in Atlanta. He had an extremely important business meeting that same day and went into the office. My manager— on the other hand, wasted no time opening up my schedule. I was booked with tons of photo shoots and exclusive interviews since every blog and magazine runner were all wondering the same question— 'what's life like now, being a married woman?'.

As if life was supposed to change drastically or I had gotten married to a stranger I still needed to adjust to. "Knock knock. Ready to shine?" Lynn, my manager comes walking through the door. This was my first day back at work and to say I missed it— this, would be a bold faced lie. "Always ready." I gave myself a one-over in the mirror ahead, gently running my acrylic nails through the soft loose curls.

"You'll be fine. Today's shoot will open so many more doors for you, Destiny. Be yourself in front those cameras and shine like the star you are." Lynn patted my shoulder— however, I found this to be the least supportive pep talk. As I stood in front of the cameras I was told by the photographer, Eli Gustovallie to loosen up, get comfortable and be myself; just as Lynn did. Except, I felt a heavy wave of pressure.

Here I was, getting ready to shoot for the one and only Eli Gustovallie— who, thought I'd be the perfect candidate for this months cover of 'Hot Moms under Thirty'. Truth be told; I didn't know wether to be offended or horned at the time I had received the news. Lynn said this opportunity would be the next best thing I would be on every magazine cover printed. So, I did as Eli instructed; loosening up, getting comfortable and being myself— whatever that meant.

Lynn slipped me a thumbs up here and there while Eli encouraged me; letting me know how good some of the photos were looking already. Forty-five-minutes later the shoot had come to an end. Everyone on set clapped and Eli gave a quick thank you speech. "Destiny you're a star!" He flicked through his camera, showing me some of the amazing photos he captured.

"Hot Moms under Thirty, huh", I thought to myself while observing the picture Eli had stopped on closely

"Hot Moms under Thirty, huh", I thought to myself while observing the picture Eli had stopped on closely. I thought that label was highly offense to many women who are mothers. You don't need to be under thirty to be considered a hot mom. Some of the hottest moms are often seen wearing sweat pants all day with their hair tied up— that is what you label a hot mom.

After leaving the studio I sat in my jeep, desperately trying to gather my thoughts. I love my job and what I do— however, sometimes I wished I had more free control over choosing the things I do or don't do. People only see the pretty photos and the edited interviews not knowing that being in the public eye is a mental battle some— if not, all of the time.

Pulling out of the parking space, I made my way onto the highway that was thankfully free of traffic. Deedra, Lani and I, decided to grab a late lunch. When I arrived at the restaurant I spotted Lani pulling up at the same exact time. "Hey little sis!" I made sure to lock my doors while walking over to Lani. "Oh my god, Lani! You look snatched!" I took this time to notice her significant weight loss.