N O T H I N G P E R S O N A L

It had been a blissful week of intimate family bonding despite all that was occurring in their lives. Destiny found herself spending more time with her siblings. She felt she owed it to them to be more present since the passing of Trina. Though they were all grown, she wanted her brother and sisters to know she'd forever be there for them.

"Are you ready for this?" She turned to face Kross. The couple sat outside on their patio while the kids played on the play set Kross had put together for them to enjoy outdoors while still at home. "Nah." He shook his head, looking at Skylar while she practiced her cartwheels. Kross was dreading having to sit his four-year-old down and explain to her why things in the near future might look a bit different. He sighed at the thought alone.

Destiny rubbed her baby bump in sole thought. She couldn't image the strain that would put on Sky, but she knew her husband would fight his hardest to do what was best for her. "How did your meeting with the lawyer go?" She asked. Kross subconsciously shifted around in the chair. "He said Taylor and I should try to come to an agreement first. If that doesn't work then we can proceed to having a court hearing." He tapped his fingers on the the beige table.

"We'll have the talk with Sky tonight, then take things from there." She rubbed his arm for comfort. "You right." He took a moment to look at his wife's face. Her features had changed due to pregnancy but none of it took away from her natural beauty or the glow she had. The vibrant yellow and blue two piece bathing suit complimented her chocolate complexion to a T. Kross admired his wife a little while longer in silence. He could appreciate that she was willingly to put her body through childbearing for a second time.

"I'm gonna go get started on dinner. Will you bring the kids in to wash up?" Destiny stood up from the chair. Kross nodded before directing his attention back to Kaleb; who was determined to learn how to do a cartwheel from his sister. He smiled at the sight of his children. He couldn't see their day-to-day life without Skylar physically present. He thought about what the huge transition from living with her mother in a different state to moving in with Destiny, Kaleb, and himself did to her. He refused to bring that kind of confusion upon little Sky for another go-round.

"Kaleb, Skylar, it's time to go in and get ready for dinner." He called out. Skylar soon came sprinting across the grass as Kaleb followed close behind. "Y'all both got all that grass on y'all clothes." He laughed while attempting to brush mud prints off Kaleb's shorts. "G for grass." Kaleb pointed. "G for grass is right, chunky man." Kross touched Kaleb's wild curls then stood to his feet. The trio made it inside and into the bathroom while Destiny prepared dinner.

She found herself making everything she saw on Instagram reels that she thought looked enticing. Kross loved it because it was always a surprise, and the kids enjoyed it too. It was going on seven-thirty when the family gathered at the table to eat. "It's your turn tonight Sky." Destiny told Skylar. She smiled and everyone bowed their heads, "Dear God, thank you for the tasty food we will eat. Thank you for my daddy, my brother, my sweet stepmom, and my mommy— a-and thank you for my LOL dolls, I promise to treat them good." Kross and Destiny couldn't help but chuckle. "Amen." She finished.

"Good job, baby! That was a great prayer." Kross applaud. "Yea, nicely done, Sky!" Destiny helped boost her confidence, adding condiments to her bacon wrapped burger. "My turn, my turn!" Kaleb closed both his eyes. "You'll get your chance next time baby." Destiny laughed. "Daddy, am I still going to see mommy this weekend?" Skylar questioned. Taylor had promised that the two of them would have a beach day, and she was really looking forward to it.

"I'll double check with your mom to see that your plans are still on." He issued his daughter a small smile. The family talked some more over the delicious meal. Shortly after, Destiny excused herself to put Kaleb down for bedtime. She left Kross and Skylar at the table to talk privately. "Can I go too, daddy?" Skylar asked. "Daddy wants to have a talk with you first." Kross fixed his posture in the chair. Skylar stared blankly while waiting for her father to go on.

He wasn't sure where to begin, "Sky, I want you to know that having you here means everything to me, us. I know we didn't start out as the best father and daughter duo, but you've taught me a-lot as girl dad, and as a man." He spoke with a lot of enthusiasm. "You taught me a lot too." Skylar made a funny face. Kross smiled. "Your mom and I love you very much," He wouldn't dare speak negatively about Taylor to their daughter.

There was a long pause in the conversation when Destiny rejoined them at the dinner table. She looked over at Skylar then at Kross. "I was just letting Sky know how much her mom and I love her. We all love her." He added. Destiny smiled in agreement. Kross seemed to be prolonging the point; in Destiny's opinion, but she knew her husband wasn't one-hundred percent prepared to discuss this with Skylar.

"May I?" She looked at Kross for confirmation. He nodded. "Sky, baby, do you enjoy living with us, here, or do you miss those yummy ices back in New York?" She joked, wanting to keep things delicate. "I do miss them, but I looove living here with my family." Skylar stretched the word out, adding a smile at the end of her sentence. Kross smirked, her statement warmed his heart.

"Do you ever want to visit there again, even if it's for a little while?" Destiny asked. Skylar shook her head no immediately. "Bad house, bad house." She repeated. Kross made a fist, moving around in his chair. Taylor's addiction days would always be a nightmare that lives rent free in his baby's head. The thought of that angered him. Destiny looked at her husband briefly.

"Don't worry, you do not have to go back there if you don't want to." Destiny gave Skylar the reassurance she needed. "That's right. Daddy will do everything to keep you where you wish to be." He got up to sit beside Skylar. She nodded, "Is something wrong daddy?" She stared deeply into his eyes. "No, baby girl. Everything is going to be just fine." He looked into her beautiful green eyes, refraining from becoming teary eyed.

Skylar cheesed then hugged her daddy tight. "Can I go watch cartoons now?" She grew tired of being in one place for long. "Yes. Destiny and I will be up to tuck you in soon." He told her then sent her upstairs. Destiny took a deep breath afterwards. Kross sighed while running his hands down his face. There was a moment of silence while they collected their thoughts. "What's next?" Destiny asked. Whatever it was, she was going to stand beside her husband and children.

"I need to call Taylor, and she's not gonna like it." He replied.

- - -

It's been a while 🥲 hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

VOTE + COMMENT

Thanks for reading! 🫶🏽