'K R O S S I N G P A T H S

After Jhade's unexpected pop up, everyone wanted answers from Destiny. They all wanted to know what it was that infuriated Jhade so much. Sitting in his office, Kross let out a heavy exhale. When Destiny told him what happened, he wanted to badly choke Jhade up, but that wasn't him.

He wasn't quite sure how she found out about her brother, however, he needed to find a way to shut her up without spilling more blood. Light knocks came to the door moments later, "Come in." Kross cleared his throat. "Had a nigga fly to the A and you can't even pick a nigga up." Mario said, entering the office space.

"Shut up, fool." Kross chuckled, standing to dap his friend up. He reached out to Mario a few days ago, asking for help. Not needing any further explanation, Mario took the first flight out to Atlanta. "You want a drink?" Kross asked.

"Nah. This edible got me." Mario laughed, high out his mind. Kross shook his head, reclaiming his seat behind the desk. Mario sat across from him, getting comfortable. "What's up?" He questioned his friend. "This Jhade girl becoming a problem. Last night she popped up on Destiny while she was having dinner with her sisters and brother." Kross informed.

Mario ran his hands down his pants, not liking what he heard. "So, what you wanna do?" He asked. "We can't have no more blood on our hands, not right now." Kross stated. Mario nodded, agreeing. The last thing they needed was getting caught up. "His sister a loose end." Mario said, "I been keeping tabs."

"What you find out?" Kross questioned, squinting his eyes. "She been liking up with that Hakim nigga. If she knows anything, I bet he was the one who told her." Mario said. Kross sighed, "But how the fuck would he know?" He wondered, placing his finger under his chin.

"You not gon like this, but Chance had a little talk with him over the phone few weeks ago." Mario informed Kross of what he wasn't aware of. His face scrunched up. He knew Chance and Hakim were cool once upon a time, even so, he had no knowledge of the two's recent conversation.

"C would never pillow talk." Kross stated, knowing Chance like the back of his hand. Chance would rather die loyal than run his mouth snitching. That wasn't his character. "I don't know what was said, but if this little ass girl keep this bullshit up, we all gon be in the hot seat." Mario said, being truthful.

"I know, I know." Kross clenched his jaw, "We have to be smart bout this shit." He voiced, he couldn't afford for there to be anymore slip ups. "Well, nigga, you know whatever you wanna do I'm riding." Mario stated. Kross nodded, looking over at his friend briefly. A plan needed to be set in motion, and fast.

- - -

A few days later:

"This is perfect." Kross examined the pricey item in his hand. "We tried our best to execute your idea." The sales associate informed, smiling bright. "It's just like I imaged." He shook his head, giving his final approval. "I'll have it boxed and wrapped for you." The woman said.

"This a big step, KJ." Chance spoke, standing beside his best friend. "I know, but I have no doubts. I'm doing the right thing." Kross expressed, feeling confident in the decision he's making. For a while now, he's been thinking about doing this. Unfortunately, with all the chaos that's been happening, it never felt like the right time.

"Well, I have yo back and I'm happy for you." Chance smiled. "Good lookin'." Kross dapped him up. The Latino sales associate returned with his item boxed and beautifully wrapped. Kross handed her his black card, allowing her to swipe it. "Thank you for shopping with us. Have an amazing day." The woman handed him back his card shortly after.

Kross thanked her one last time before he and Chance left the store. "You really a changed nigga." Chance looked over at his friend, proud. Regardless of Kross being born into a wealthy family, he worked for his own. He started from the ground up and he didn't let his success get the best of him.

"Can't be in the streets forever." Kross stated, pulling off from the curb. Chance thought about that statement, long and hard. For as long as he could remember, he was always in the streets. His mama was a prostitute and the man who got her pregnant was her pimp. Chance had a lot of resentment towards his mother, so he didn't think before he did a lot of things.

"What you thinking bout fool?" Kross asked, seeing his friend zoned out. Chance cleared his throat, "My moms and shit." He said. Kross was shocked to hear this because if anyone were to bring up his mother, he ended the conversation in a heart beat. "You know where she at?" He questioned.

Chance shook his head, looking out the window. "Nah." He simply said. "You gonna try to find her?" Kross stopped at the red light. "For what? She was never no mother to me. She had me, dropped me on my auntie door steps and went back to being a hoe." He disclosed, sounding a bit hurt.

Kross nodded, not wanting to force his hand. It was Chance's decision to make. It was up to him If he wanted to find his mother and have a grownup conversation with her or not. The ball was always in his court. "Ay, I got a question for you." Kross shifted their small conversation. "What's up?" Chance finally looked over at his friend.

"You speak to that Hakim nigga recently?" He asked. "Yeah." Chance said truthfully, "He called me out the blue a lil' minute ago." Kross quietly sighed. "Fuck he wanted?" He asked. "KJ, if you ask me, he basically know we bodied that nigga. I ain't say much, but who knows what he gon pull." Chance informed.

"You know him. What you think he capable of?" Kross asked, turning right down the street. Chance exhaled, looking straight ahead. "Truthfully, you never really know mother fuckers how you think you know em'." He stated. No further words were exchanged between the two.

                                            - - -

Thank you for 40k+ reads 🎉 #2 on the lifechanging chart. Keep running it up ♥️

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰