Y O U S E E M E ?

On Christmas morning, Destiny's siblings came over to exchange gifts. Kaleb was dressed in the cutest striped pajamas as Destiny bounced him up and down on her leg. She checked her phone, reading the time. Everyone was waiting on Kross to get here. What seemed like forever, finally turned into him walking through the front door. "Merry Christmas everybody!" He greeted, sounding very much in the Christmas spirit.

He kissed Destiny's cheek before removing Kaleb from her lap. "Hey, chunky man. Dada missed you." He smeared kisses all over his sons face. "Alright. I'm ready to see what I got this year." Deedra said. Destiny laughed, walking over to the tall tree. She handed Deedra, De'Lanice and Darnell their wrapped presents. They wasted no time tearing through the paper, getting to their gifts.

De'Lanice got an LV Crossbag that she had been asking for since her birthday. Deedra got a pair of Chanel sneakers as well as brand new iPhone 12 because that's that she asked for. Darnell is a very laid back person so he received a new pair of AirPods, 2 pairs of Jordan off-white 1s and expensive cologne, complementary of Kross.

Since Destiny was at a point in her life where she is financially stable, she was able to gift her siblings with nice things instead of shopping on a budget. Seeing those smiles on their faces made the moment priceless. They thanked her with big hugs. She knew they would cherish their gifts because there was a time where they couldn't afford to experience nice things like this.

She walked back to the tree, picking up a small white box with a blue bow on top. "Merry Christmas." She handed Kross the box, cheesing. He looked up at her with a smirk, taking the box from her hand. He opened his gift, revealing a set of car keys. "What's this?" He asked. "I guess you'll just have to go in the garage and see." She smiled.

She took Kaleb from his arms, following him through the kitchen and out the side door. His eyes landed on the grey sheet that covered one of the many vehicles in the garage. He walked over, pulling off the covers, revealing the red 2021 Bentley Flying Spur. He was speechless. For months, Kross was talking about wanting the luxury car.

"Yo. This is crazy." He spoke, admiring the car. They say it has unmatched power that puts you in the box seat. This car can hit 60 miles per hour in just 4 seconds. "Boys and their toys." Deedra laughed, watching him gawk over his new whip. He opened the passenger door, taking a look at the beautiful black and red interior. "Thank you." He looked over at Destiny.

Still, a simple thank you couldn't do this present justice. Kross had no clue Destiny would go all out like this, but he appreciated it more than words can begin to explain. After getting a feel of the new car, everyone gathered back inside. They allowed Kaleb to open his presents with the help of his mommy of course. Most of his gifts were either clothes, toy cars or things that will help him learn.

Destiny captured Kaleb's first Christmas on video so she'd be able to show him when he gets older. "Your turn." Kross grinned, retrieving the gifts he got her from under the tree. She handed Kaleb to Deedra before tearing through the blue wrapping paper. One gift contained a big Chanel bag in the color black. The other gift contained a box with a green face, bussed down Rolex watch.

"Oh, my god!" She exclaimed, removing the watch from the case. "I helped him pick that out." Darnell interjected, causing Kross to mug him. Destiny laughed, knowing her brother was only joking. "Thank you, baby. I love it." She pecked his lips. Kross had began feeling awful for how he handled the situation before he left for New York.

The last thing he wants is to hurt the woman he plans on marrying some day. "I love you, too." He smiled. "Now open your last gift." He told her, watching her sit back down on one of the couches. She picked the gift bag up from the floor, pulling out the paper on top. She pulled out the large picture frame, holding it in her lap. Her eyes watered at the picture in the frame.

It was a picture they had taken in the hospital on the day Kaleb was born. This wasn't an expensive gift, but rather one that holds value. "This is beyond thoughtful. I can't wait to hang it up in the house." She smiled. "I knew you'd love it." Kross said, mentally giving himself a pat on the back for doing an outstanding job at gift giving this year.

Feeling his phone buzz in his pocket, he pulled it out, seeing a text message from Taylor. Typing in his password, he clicked on the message, seeing what she sent.

Taylor:
Thanks for last night. Really needed that🥰 hope we can do it again some time.
- Sent at 11:07am

Deciding not to respond, he let the message sit there. "I'm starving." He said aloud, placing the phone back into his pants pocket. "Me too." Destiny agreed. "Aren't y'all coming to dinner at mamas, Des?" Deedra questioned. Destiny sighed. Her mother had reached out to her via text, inviting she, Kross and Kaleb over for Christmas dinner. Being the circumstances, she didn't give her mother a indefinite answer, but a simple "I'll think about it".

However, since being in therapy, she has been learning how to face things head on instead of trying to run away from them. Stephanie told her the importance of expressing herself after gathering her thoughts. Life is short, which is why as her New Years resolution, she planned on forgiving her parents for the past, there was no going back in time.

She also planned to speak to Kross about his daughter. She couldn't see herself not being with him, so she decided it would be best to accept things for the way they are. But things were are about get worse for Kross and Destiny. It would only take a matter of time.

- - -

Thoughts on this chapter?

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰