I G O T Y O U

Authors note - I've been sitting on this update for a few days now (didn't feel like it made much sense to write about) so, I'm apologizing in advance if this chapter is a little dry 😂
Ps - All feedback is appreciated. Enjoy! 🥰

"Daddy, why won't my mommy and Emmi come live with us?" Skylar questioned unexpectedly. Destiny and Kross were both taken back by the sudden question. Skylar is an intelligent little girl who payed close attention to the people in her life. Kross cleared his throat, "Well, baby girl, your mom and Emmi have their own home. Though we don't all live under the same roof, we can always spend time together if that's what you want to do." He always tried his best to give his daughter a bit of reassurance every now and then.

Skylar nodded. "How's cheer going, Sky?" Destiny diverted the gloomy conversation. Skylar's mood entirely shifted from low-spirited to radiant. She went on and on about all the exciting things she was learning at camp. This warmed Destiny's heart. She loved seeing her children elated. While the family of four finished dinner, Kross sat in his seat at the table with a pondering mind.

He thought about his father and the news he had received from his parents just days ago. When he shared the information with his wife, she couldn't help but to let it daunt on her mind as well. She always thought Jamal was in good health. Surprisingly, he merely carried the disorder skillfully. Even so, Destiny didn't let her own distressing thoughts overshadow the support she needed to give her husband.

After dinner, Kross got the kids prepared for bed while Destiny skimped over a coloring of a dinosaur that Kaleb had made earlier on in the day with the babysitter. "Not ready for bed?" Kross admired her beauty as she hovered over the counter top. "I'm not so tired." Destiny replied, turning to face her husband as he met her halfway.

"Something bothering you?" He immediately asked, starring so deeply into her eyes it made her feel nervous. Her shoulders went up then down, "I'm concerned about your dad's health... yours too." She admitted. Kross could understand her concerns. "My pops a solid one." He nodded. "As for me," there was a pause in his sentence, "I'm going to get tested. I don't want to put your or my family through any heartache later on down the line." He then kissed the bridge of her nose lightly.

There was a sudden weight lifted off her shoulders when he said that. Destiny appreciated Kross day in and day out for honoring his wedding vows. He did everything in his power to make sure his children and wife were always content— whether it was emotionally or physically. "Thank you." She slipped him a small smile.

"I wanted to run an idea by you." Destiny found now just as good of a time to speak to Kross. "Shoot." He positioned himself on one of the bar stools, grabbing her by the waist and placing her in between his legs. Kross adored his wife's glow as she proceeded to talk. "I think I want to start my own modeling agency." Destiny brought her inner thoughts forward.

Kross tilted his head to the side. It wasn't a bad a idea; it was actually smart. "What made you think about such a venture?" He asked. She could smell the winter fresh gum on his breathe. "There's this stigma around what a model should look like. I want to change that." She was confident in her response. Kross smirked. He took great pleasure in Destiny's affection for her career. "What about your contract though?"

"Oh, I'm not in a rush to drift off on my own just yet." She chuckled. "I'm going to finish out my contract, but in the meantime, I'm going to be doing some serious marketing because the modeling industry is highly competitive." Destiny had mentally mapped out a drawing board in her head.

She was taking one of Dr. Carina's many weekly advices and starting a new chapter in her life dedicated to 'self-care'. "God, it's me again," Kross held his phone to his ear, "I know no one is perfect, but good lookin' out sending me the most exquisite woman." He pretended to have a phone conversation. Destiny bursted into laughter, playfully mushing him on the arm. "You're stupid."

"No, but for-real, I'm proud of you for wanting to spread your wings. You know I'ma be your number supporter too." He pecked her lips. "I love you." She mumbled on his lips. His penis was hard in his boxers, "I love you, too." Kross broke their now heated kiss. "What? Why'd you stop?" Destiny whined. She too, was caught in the moment.

"So... when you gonna take a pregnancy test?" He attempted to casually switch the topic but failed. Destiny rolled her eyes, becoming slightly irritated. Ever since Kross brought up his theory weeks ago; he hasn't been able to let it go. "You're obsessing over this." She let out a tiresome sigh. "I'm really not." He replied. There was a awkward silence between the two.

"Okay. I'll take one now." She signaled Kross to follow. Destiny so badly wanted to prove her husbands prediction inaccurate. They headed upstairs and into their bedroom. Kross waited outside the bathroom door, pacing back and fourth while allowing his wife to have some privacy. From inside the bathroom, Destiny sat on the toilet, anxiously peeing on the white stick.

Kross's fixation on his belief was starting to annoy her in all honesty. After setting the test aside, Destiny washed her hands then opened the door, revealing Kross; who was still pacing their bedroom. He had this weird intuition. "When this test comes back negative you owe me breakfast in bed."

Kross chuckled humorously. "Yea, aight'. When it tells you that I was right all along don't get to crying and acting delusional." He teased. Destiny rolled her eyes, resting all her weight on one leg. She didn't feel a difference in her body like when she was pregnant with Kaleb. She simply had been self diagnosing herself as overworked.

"Hasn't it been like, three-minutes already?" Kross pointed out. Destiny shook her head then walked back over to their connecting bathroom. She exhaled deeply, feeling her husbands breathing on the back of her neck. When she found enough courage to finally look at the test, her mind was empty.

There were feelings of mixed emotions there— confusion, anxiety and amazement as Destiny felt her eyes beginning to pool with tears. "H-How did you know?" She stuttered on her words while turning to face Kross. He sighed. "Cause I just had this gut feeling. You're clueless to the changes, but I peeped." He answered straightforwardly.

"No," she paused, "it's like you knew before it even happened." Destiny had an intense stare on her husband. "Don't look at me like that," Kross pulled her closer, "You know I didn't purposely do this, but sometimes you just gotta empty the entire clip and not give a fuck." He joked, causing Destiny to nudge his shoulder.

"I hope you keep that same energy when you get assigned diaper duty." She left him standing there. He chuckled. In all honesty, he didn't mind if it meant having his own Brady bunch with the love of his life. However, Destiny had made clear she only wanted two children, and with Skylar being her bonus child, this baby would be their last. As a respectful and supportive husband, Kross respected that decision.

Their family was expanding, that was the important blessing worth celebrating.

- - -

Thoughts on this chapter?

Vote & Comment ! Thanks for reading ! 💕