G O N E W I T H T H E W I N D

Thanksgiving had come and gone, however Kross was still stuck on Trina showing up and acting a complete fool outside of their home. Destiny seemed to be coping at her own pace and he was fine with that because he knew therapy was helping her deal with her emotions and past trauma. "Son, no pressure but we're not getting any younger." Jamal looked up at his son as he typed away at the laptop on his desk. "My fault, pops. I'm just emailing these blueprints over to my partner and I'll be ready." Kross assured.

His parents wanted to have lunch before returning back to New York. At first, Kross was hesitant with his Mothers wishes of having their sit down outside of the house— however, he eventually gave in and settled on having an evening lunch with his mom and dad. Skylar had gone off to Taylor's house to spend the weekend, and Destiny took Kaleb for a play date before her session with Dr. Carina.

The three left the house shortly after, piling into one of many cars that belonged to Kross. The drive was silent but not in an uncomfortable way that bothered either of them. "You good, pops?" Kross glimpsed over at his father who kept balling his right fist in frustration. "Yea, it's nothing son." Jamal replied. Twenty-minutes later, they arrived at an upscale steakhouse, immediately being seated. A waitress came over to the table moments later, taking their order then leaving them with napkins and proper utensils.

"Thanksgiving dinner was lovely, wasn't it?" Giselle made small conversation. "It was." Kross nodded in agreement, "I feel like you two being weird." He then cut straight to the chase. Beating around the bush wasn't his style and his parents were well aware of that. Giselle sighed, looking over at her husband with helpless eyes. Jamal cleared his throat,
"I-We... your mother and I, have something to tell you." From the tone of his fathers voice and the tension in his mothers body language, Kross could tell it wasn't good news that he was about to receive. He tried to mentally prepare himself for whatever it was that his parents had to share.

"I'm listening." He gave them his undivided attention. "I have Parkinson's— a muscle disorder." Jamal disclosed. There was a sudden wave of silence at the table while Kross made an effort to process the information and gather his thoughts. "How long?" He mustered up the courage to ask. "Your father found out about a month ago, KJ." His mother interjected. "So what are we about to do in regards to getting your health back on track, pops?" Kross tried his best to hide the hurt in his voice but failed terribly. Worry was imprinted in his voice thick as day.

Giselle's eyes spooled with tears while she looked at Kross from across the squared table. "Son, this— disorder can last for years or it can possibly be lifelong. Only time will tell." Jamal worded it the straightforward way; which is exactly how his doctor gave it to him. Giselle cleared her throat, "KJ, I think you should get tested because this disorder is genetic." She told him. "Why are you saying it like that, like it's some contagious decease?" Jamal was offended with how his wife made the illness seem so infectious. "I meant zero harm, hunny. I only want KJ to know his future. He has a wife and children to think about." She reasoned.

"And so does pops, Ma." Kross scrunched his face. His mother didn't come off as devastated with the current terms of his fathers health and that sort of bothered him. "You know that's not what I meant." Giselle shook her head. "Your father has lived a lengthy life, and so have I." She adjusted gold plated necklace with the initials G.J.K. engraved around her neck, "Don't put Destiny and your children through what your father and I are battling. The earlier you know, the better you can help treat it."

Jamal huffed, "Giselle, that's if he has it. You're making it seem as if it's flowing through the boys blood cells as we speak. Cut the nonsense, please  and let's not drive our son into overthinking that his old man is dying— or that he's going to share the same experiences as me because Parkinson's is genetic." He put a stop to Giselle's rambling. Jamal would just wait until he got their son alone to talk to him about it all and see where his mind was at with the newfound information.