T H E M I D N I G H T H O U R

Jhade:

"How is he your best friend and you're not worried?" Jhade questioned

"How is he your best friend and you're not worried?" Jhade questioned. "Who said I wasn't worried?" Hakim asked. Jhade scoffed, "Could of fooled me. My brother and his family have been missing for 5 months, 5! Nobody vanishes into thin air like that." She told Hakim, tired of feeling like nobody cared enough to help her find Quan.

Until today, Hakim had no idea Blair and their daughter were also nowhere to be found. He assumed Quan had went away on business, but he's starting to realize how dumb that thought is. Quan would never leave without hollering at his right hand. And, whenever he did come back, Hakim was the first person to always know.

He sighed, making a fist with his left hand. "The last time I saw him, we was just chopping it up." Hakim stated, "I saw the baby." Jhade sat on the stool across from Hakim in his kitchen. "Look, I already went to the station to file a missing persons report." She informed. He shook his head, "Them cops don't give a fuck. All they see is a black man with a police record. They ain't helping us find him, Jhade."

She didn't look at the situation from this point of view. She honestly just wanted to get in contact with her brother, knowing if he's alright wherever he may be. "I need to find my brother, Hakim. I can't sleep or function knowing I haven't heard from him in 5 months." Jhade stated. "Q my nigga, for life. You know Ima do whatever it takes to find his ass." He ensured Jhade.

She nodded, thanking him for deciding to help her find her brother. Since losing their mom, Quan is literally all Jhade has left. Her dad wasn't in the picture, so her older brother was that father figure in her life. As much as Quan has committed his fair share of sins, when it came to his family, he acted as Ja'Quan not "Quan" or "Q".

"I'll call you as soon as I hear something." Hakim said, walking Jhade to the door. "Thank you. I have to leave in the morning, but I'll fly back if I have to." She voiced. "Nah." Hakim shook his head, "Yo brother would want to in school and focused. I'll handle everything." He told her. Jhade couldn't find the lie in his sentence. "Ok. But, please, call me if you find out anything." She said. "I got you." He nodded.

                                              - - -

Destiny sighed, standing at the bottom of the stairs. "He's finally out." She said. Dealing with a teeth 4 month old isn't easy. Kaleb was extra cranky and as a mom, she felt bad because she wasn't able to take her baby's pain away. Kross held his arms out, signaling her to come to the couch. She plopped down beside him, wrapped in his tight hold.

"You're the best mommy I know." He kissed her forehead. "Why, thank you." She giggled. The couple sat on the couch, cuddling one another. From the laptop in his lap, Kross created a house plan for a wealthy new client he just got. "How's work?" Destiny questioned. "Being an architecture isn't easy, but I make it look sexy." He said.

"Boy, bye!" Destiny laughed at his cheesiness. "What, I'm not sexy?" He asked. "You alright." She told him, causing him to hold his chest in disbelief. She chuckled, pecking his lips. "You know I'm only messing with you." She said. "Yeah, yeah." He mumbled. "Oh, so I guess you don't wanna play." She pulled her tank top over her head, leaving her in just a push-up bra.

Kross bit down on his lip, shutting his laptop close. "You know I can't resist you." He smirked, lifting her body so that she was now straddling him. He kissed all over her neck, causing a small moan to escape her lips. He undid her bra swiftly, tossing it over the couch before cupping her full sized breasts in his hands. "Damn, you sexy." He looked up at her beauty.

Kross and Destiny were doing much better in the communication department. They expressed their feelings to one another without it turning into an argument. This made their relationship stronger, but also go back to how it's supposed to be. When slipped one of her nipples into his mouth, she tilted her head back in pleasure. He gripped her ass tighter, flickering his tongue around her chocolate nipple.

His phone rang on the coffee table, but he chose to ignore it. He continued sucking until his hand made it's way into her leggings. Feeling Kross rub her second set of lips through the lace thong only sent tingles through her body. The phone rang again, causing Destiny to sigh. "Answer your phone, KJ." She said, removing her body from his lap.

He sighed, leaning over to grab his iPhone. Taylor's name was printed across the screen. "Hello." He answered. "Skylar?" He shot up from the couch hearing his daughters voice. Destiny looked up at him, concerned. "Ok. Um, uh, daddy's sending help, ok? Don't hang up." Kross instructed. Destiny kept her eyes glued to him while putting her bra and tank top back on. He frantically dialed his fathers number.

"Pops, I need you to go over to Taylor's apartment and get Skylar." He said, not going into further details. But, by the tone of his voice, Jamal figured it was something serious. He clicked back over to the other line, "Skylar, are you ok?" He asked, keeping her on the phone until his father arrived at the apartment. From the couch, Destiny watched Kross try to keep his cool and remain calm.

About twenty-minutes later, Jamal assured his son that Skylar was with him and safe. Kross felt better knowing this, but still couldn't get over what his daughter told him over the phone. He told his father that he would be on the next jet to New York before speaking with his daughter again, then saying his goodbyes. He twisted his mouth side to side after ending the call.

"What's going on?" Destiny questioned, worried. Kross sat down beside her, shaking his head. "Skylar called me saying she hadn't eaten since last night." Kross stated. Destiny's eyes widened in shock, "What!" She exclaimed, feeling furious. Kross nodded, thinking about how badly he wanted to wrap his hands around Taylor's neck. "Where's her mother?" Destiny asked.

Kross clenched his jaw, balling his hands into fists. "Skylar told me she was passed out on the couch. She told me she tried waking her, but she wasn't answering." He recited his daughters exact words. "Who the fuck does that! How the fuck you leave your child hungry to pass out on a fucking couch!" He snapped, angry that Taylor could be so irresponsible.

"KJ, you need to get to New York, now. Go see to your daughter. She needs you." Destiny voiced, rubbing his arm. "Come with me." He turned to look at her face. She paused, looking deeply into his eyes. "You need me there, then I'm there." She told him. "I'm sorry. I know we-" Kross was quickly cut off.

"We can always have dinner, we babe. Your daughter obviously needs you." She said. Kross gave her a small smile. Although he's pissed as hell that he received such a phone call, Destiny keeps him calm. She had the ability to do that with her smile or the simplest words and her comforting touch. "I love you." He kissed her lips repeatedly.

"I love you, too." She pulled him into a tight hug, reassuring him that everything will be fine. Only thing is, things were everything except fine.

                                             - - -

Whew chille, let's pray for Taylor cause Kross gon kill her ass 🤣🌚

Thoughts on this chapter?

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰