B R O K EN T R U S T

Kross:

"Morning." Destiny grinned, scrambling some eggs over the stove. "Morning, beautiful." I walked up to her, kissing the side of her face. "Hey, Dee. I wasn't expecting you so early." I took notice to Deedra's presence. "Well I was free and couldn't wait to see my nephew." Deedra cooed, bouncing Kaleb on her leg.

"My boyyy! Morning, chunky man." I held my arms out for my son. Deedra handed him over to me and I inhaled his baby scent while smearing kisses all over his face. "Babe, your food is ready." Destiny said, sliding the plate across the counter. "Can you make that plate to-go please?"

She nodded, walking to the other cabinet to retrieve a storage bowl. She placed the waffles and eggs inside, popping the lid on top. "Are you gonna be gone all day?" She questioned. "Why?" I turned to look at her. "Nothing. I was just wondering." She stated. I squinted my eyes, looking closely at her.

"I got some things to take care of and a few errands to run. I probably won't be back until dinner." I told her. "Okay." She walked from behind the counter, wrapping her hands around my neck. She touched Kaleb's curly hair, making silly faces at him. She then looked up at me, "Be safe, please."

I kissed her forehead, "I will. I promise." I assured. "I love you." I added, handing Kaleb to her. "I love you, too." She smiled. I placed a kiss on her lips and she deepened our kiss, pressing her lips firmly against mine. I said bye to Deedra before grabbing my food and walking out the front door.

I got in my truck, quickly starting it up. My phone vibrated in my pocket. When I pulled it out, Swift's contact was printed across the screen. "Yo." I answered, putting the phone to my ear.
"I got some news." He spoke from his end. "I'm about to slide on you. Be there in ten." I told him, not wanting to say much over the phone.
"Copy." He responded.

I backed out the driveway, turning down the street.

       - - -

"Des, ion think you should be doing this." Deedra voiced. I ignored her, searching through the closet for a pair of sweat pants. I threw on a pair of black joggers over the white bodysuit. I grabbed the first pair of sneakers my hands could touch, slipping my feet into them. I walked out the closet, looking over at my sister as she rocked Kaleb to sleep.

"I have to." I said. She looked up at me, "No, no you don't. If Quan didn't hesitate to shoot Kross, why do you think he won't hesitate to hurt you?" Deedra asked. I sighed,"I know he's dangerous, Dee, but he won't hurt me." I said confidently.
Deedra scoffed, "You do not know that. But, I can't stop you, so just be careful, please." She looked over at me.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a hug. "I'll be fine, promise." I slipped her a small smile. I kissed Kaleb on his cheek; grabbing my purse and keys. Before leaving the house, I stopped in Kross's office. I walked over to the corner of the room, typing in the combination to his safe.

I exhaled, picking up the glock. Although I don't know how to shoot a gun, nor do I have any intension of using it, I will if I have to. I dropped the gun into my handbag. I shut the door, quickly leaving the office. I left the house, hurrying over to my Jeep. I already knew where I was headed so I drove in the direction of Quan's house.

It took me almost forty-five-minutes to get across town, but I made it. And as predicted, Quan still lived here. All his flashy cars were parked in the usual parking space. I parked a few houses down, grabbing my bag from the back seat. I locked my doors, making my way up to his house. What I didn't know, someone was already keeping surveillance on Quan. Me being here would compromise everything.

      - - -

Mario sat in the suv truck, watching the house like Kross asked. He's been doing this for about a week now and surprisingly, he was finding out a lot of shit. He stuck his hand in the paper bag, pulling out fries to stuff his mouth. He looked in car door mirror, seeing a female approaching the house. His eyes expanded seeing that female was Destiny. He quickly grabbed his cellphone from the cup holder.

He dialed Kross's number, listening to the phone ring out. From his car, he watched as Destiny walked up to the front door, knocking. Mario didn't know what Destiny was doing here, but he knew she wasn't suppose to be nowhere near. Kross finally picked up after the 3rd ring. "Yo." His voice beamed through the phone due to him being a speaker.

"Bruh, I'm watching this nigga crib and... you won't believe who the fuck showed up." Mario said into the phone, still keeping his eyes on the house. "Who?" Kross asked. "Man, Destiny. She's fucking here. She just knocked on the nigga door." Mario informed. "Fuck!" Kross yelled, infuriated. "What should I do, want me to go in there?" Mario questioned.

"Just keep watching the house. I'm on my way." Kross said from his end before ending the call. Mario sighed, running his hands down his face as he sat up straight in the passengers seat. When the front door opened, he watched Destiny and Quan exchange a few words before she walked in and he closed the door behind her. He didn't know what happened next.

What happened inside the house after that, would leave a even bigger mess to clean up.

     - - -

What y'all think about to happen? Whatever it is, it won't be good 🥴

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰