R E A L I T Y

Some weeks later.

Destiny had spent the last few weeks planning a home going for Trina. After everyone's emotions settled, the family decided it was best to have their mother cremated. Destiny didn't see the need to spend a arm and leg on a funeral that many people would've passed on attending. Trina had burned plenty bridges that were beyond repair. "Heels or sneakers?" She looked at her husband, awaiting his opinion.

Kross examined her outfit then looked between the two shoe options, "Sneakers." He replied, licking his lips. "Agreed." She nodded, placing the heels back in it's rightful place. While doing some final touches, Destiny admired her changing body in the long mirror. This pregnancy was definitely different from when she was pregnant with Kaleb. She cherished not having such swollen ankles this time around. "Where are we going?" She sprayed herself with YSL black opium.

Kross slipped on his off-white 1s with a smirk on his face. He knew his wife couldn't take much anticipation, but he found pleasure in seeing her on edge from time to time; when it was in a positive way. "You'll see." He simply replied while double checking for his wallet and keys. Soon after, the couple made it out their bedroom and downstairs. They had already said goodnight to the kids before they both fell asleep. Darnell offered to babysit for a couple hours so they could get out.

"How long is the drive?" Destiny looked at his side profile. "About forty-minutes." Kross got on the highway. The drive was silent, yet comforting until they arrived at their destination. Kross got out and walked over to open his wife's door. They walked hand-in-hand into the theatre that was empty, to Destiny's surprise. "Why we the only ones here?" She laughed, looking around.

The clerk handed Kross their tickets and told them to enjoy the movie. Kross ignored the question. "Let's get snacks," He led the way towards the snack station. "You could've told me to dress more casual." She walked around in search of some good movie snacks. "For what? You look casually beautiful to me." He admired his wife no matter how she looked. Even while sleeping he thought Destiny was the most precious thing.

Having some time to kill before the movie started, the couple took a walk around the theater making conversation. "How's the new project coming along?" She asked, chewing on a piece of the giant heart shaped pretzel. "Close to being finished." Kross let out a sigh of relief. The client he was working with was extremely precise, which he could work with— however, it was the clients constant last minute changes that had Kross wanting the throw in the towel.

"You're phenomenal at what you do." Destiny slipped him a hearty smile. Though she rarely got to see the hands-on architecture side of her husband, she knew his business was one of the many things he loves— anyone who knows him could see that. It wasn't about building the perfect property for one's client, but rather the smallest detail that would later help the structure of what had been built that gave Kross a rush of excitement. "Thank you, baby." He stopped to peck her on the lips.

"How's things going for you at work?" He questioned. "Unexpectedly smooth." She shook her head, cheesing. "I've been getting booked for more deals  that I'm actually open to doing ever since readjusting my contract agreement." Kross couldn't help but smirk. He was a proud husband, and father. Checking the time on his phone, Kross realized the movie was about to start. When they got inside the theater, candles were lit trailing all the way to where they would be seated. Destiny's cheeks flushed. She loved how Kross could make her feel jittery inside without having to do the most.

On the seats were different bouquets of red roses. "You did not have to do all this." She could feel the water works coming. "As your husband, yea, I did." He pulled her in by the waist, her round belly sitting perfectly in between the two of them. "You've been going through a load of stuff, the least I could do is get you away for a couple hours... to breathe." Destiny cupped his chin in the palm of her hand. The two shared a heated kiss. The private screening began shortly after.

Almost two-hours later, the movie had wrapped up. "That was a really good movie." Destiny cheesed while they walked towards the car. "Word. I can't believe how it ended though." Kross opened the passenger door for her. "Not all movies have great or happy endings." She laughed while strapping on her seatbelt. Kross backed out of the parking lot, making his way back onto the highway. They held hands while driving and listening to old school R&B.

"Well hello to you, too!" Destiny smirked, rubbing her stomach after feeling a kick to what felt like her ribs. "There's definitely another boy baking in there," Kross placed his free hand on her bump. "Whether it's a he or she, I'll be content." She didn't want to wish for a specific gender. She already had Kaleb and Skylar, baby number three would be completing their small family, making them a family of five soon.

While halfway home, Kross's phone vibrated in the cup holder. He asked Destiny to check who was calling. "Elaine... as in Taylor's mom, Elaine?" She looked at the phone then at her husband. "Answer, put it on speaker." He instructed. He wondered to what he owed this phone call. "Hello?" There was a echo due to phone being on speaker. "Hello, Kross? This is Taylor's mother, Elaine." Her voice sounded silvery— just as Kross had remembered it.

"Yea. Hey, Elaine. What's up?" Destiny continued to hold the phone in her hand while he drove. "Well I'm sorry to be calling you at this time and so unexpectedly," Elaine apologized. "I wanted to ask if Taylor's mentioned moving back home to you?" She asked. There was a pause when Kross stopped at a red light, looking at his wife as they stared cluelessly at one another. "Yea, yea, she did." He cleared his throat, "Why, something wrong?" He questioned.

"I don't think you should allow her to bring Sky back here. It's just not a good idea." Elaine pleaded, shocking both Kross and Destiny. His eyebrows furrowed. "Can I ask why you think that miss Elaine?" Kross was completely caught off guard by this point. "Don't get me mistaken, I love my daughter, and my granddaughter. The time I have left is limited , and as much as it would warm my heart to be with my Sky before I go, I can't bring myself to trust Taylor back in this habit— where her disorder and addiction started." Elaine expressed.

Kross could understand a mothers concerns. Taylor has been in sobriety for a great amount of time now. He didn't think there was a possibility of her falling back into old habits; not after all she's had to work hard to fix. However, it did make plenty of sense and Elaine's fears were reasonable to recognize. "So, what are you saying? I should be worried about Taylor wanting to move back with Skylar?" Kross felt a wave of irritation because he actually felt remorseful of the situation Taylor shared.

"I'm saying, allow Skylar to choose where she wants her home to be. She's already had her life tampered with when you came into the picture, then she ended up in another state because of Taylor's mistakes. She has stability with your family, Kross. I talk to her all the time over the phone. I hear how happy my baby is. Don't take her away from that, only if she wants to be with her mom." Elaine was firm. That was deep, Kross thought.

"I hear you, miss Elaine. Thank you for giving me a call. I'll definitely be taking everything you said seriously." He assured before they said their goodbyes. Destiny placed the phone back in the cup holder once the call had ended. "That's a lot to digest." She looked at him while the car pulled into the garage. "Tell me about it." Kross sighed and unbuckled his seatbelt.

One thing he did know, he had to have a sit down with his daughter as soon as possible and explain the chaotic situation to her in a delicate way. He knew his wife would be there to support him as well. A night that was supposed to end on a high, positive note; now left the couple alert with a lump sum of different emotions.

- - -

Sorry for the wait 🥲 enjoy the update!

Vote + comment! Thanks for reading! 💕