B A D B L O O D

"What brings you by?" Quan asked, turning around to look at Destiny. "I wanted to talk." She said, clenching to her bag, looking around his house. "About?" He questioned. "Damn, where's the hospitality? Offer a girl some water or something." Destiny shook her head. "My bad. You want some Kool-aid?" He asked. He was the same Quan.

"No. Thanks though." She told him. He nodded, "So, you gonna tell me what you wanna talk to me 'bout?" He questioned. She didn't want to beat around the bush, but she also didn't want to attack him with what she knew— however, she came here to call him out. "I know what you did. I just wanna know why?" She asked him, calmly. "What, what the hell you talking 'bout?" Quan asked, confused.

"Are you really going to play dumb?" Destiny rolled her eyes. "Ain't nobody playing. Fuck is you talking 'bout, shorty?" He raised his voice slightly. Destiny felt belittled with the base in his voice, but she wasn't about to back down. "Nigga don't fucking act clueless!" She snapped, raising her voice too.

"You trippin'." Quan shook his head.
"No, nigga! You the only one tripping!" She yelled, "You thought coming to a baby shower— my baby shower, and shooting my boyfriend was going to make me magically run back to you?" She asked. "Ole boy snitching now." Quan chuckled.
"You could of killed him!" Destiny grew furious.

"But I didn't." He shrugged. The fact that he was showing no remorse or sympathy only angered Destiny more. "You're a piece of shit." She told him. "I know." He agreed, unbothered.
"I can't believe you right now," She scoffed, "you're standing here without the slightest bit of compassion." She shook her head. Quan looked over at her, not knowing what to say.
There was nothing he could say.

He was immune to hurting people, feeling sorry for what he did wasn't something he was motivated to do. He never apologized for his actions, he was the perfect perpetrator. "What you want me to say, "I'm sorry"? Well I'm not." He mugged her.
"You're a heartless son of a bitch!" She looked at him with disgust. She reached into her bag, pulling out the gun then aiming it at him. Quan didn't even flinch, instead he thought it was funny. He started laughing hysterically.

"You here to shoot me?" He asked, coming down from laughter. "I will if I have to." She said coldly. "You won't." He told her confidently. "What makes you so sure, bitch?" She tilted her head to the side. "This ain't you. Do you even know how to shoot a fucking gun?" He questioned. "You don't know me." She spoke through clenched teeth.

The hand she used to hold the gun slightly began to shake. "Put the gun down, baby girl." Quan smirked. "Shut the fuck up!" She took the safety off the gun. He was always good at manipulating and there was no room for that today. Quan took a step back, holding his hands in the air. "Sit on the couch." She instructed. He did what he was told, sitting down on the black velvet couch. "You only doing this shit cause you know I won't hurt you." He said.

"But you did hurt me!" Destiny snapped, "You almost killed the love of my life." She uttered on the verge of tears. She sniffled, refraining from crying; she didn't want to show Quan any emotion or prove him right when he said this wasn't here.
"You're a psychopath, Ja'Quan." She said. Those words hurt to hear, but they were the raw truth. "I can't help this shit." He mumbled. He, himself knew she was speaking the truth. He had no emotion.

"Shoot me. Take me out my misery, Destiny." He added. "Stop talking!" She yelled at him. She looked over at the front door, seeing it in the process of being unlocked. "Who's that?" She asked.
"Probably Blair and our daughter." Quan said.
"Get rid of them." She demanded. "Destiny they fucking live here." He scrunched up his face. He knew she never did anything like this before, but she was worse than a amateur.