O P E N D O O R S

The months managed to surpass without Kross and Destiny realizing how fast time was actually flying due to their busy work schedules and juggling two children. However, the Jackson family prepared to celebrate Thanksgiving with their family and closets friends this year. Destiny ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off to ensure there was nothing missing from the dinner menu.

She spent all of two-days preparing different food choices to accommodate the many guests that would soon fill their home. She was looking forward to seeing her sisters and Darnell; as well as meeting his girlfriend. She was also looking forward to seeing Kross's parents since it had been a little over four-months since they've been in Atlanta.

This was the first year She and Kross were hosting a thanksgiving dinner as a married couple with, she wanted to everything to be perfect. "You should sit down and relax." Kross glimpsed down at her slightly swollen feet while helping her set the dinner table. "I'll relax when everything is done." She continued setting the plates and silverware down neatly. He shook his head. His wife sometimes didn't understand the importance of taking a breather.

"Did you get those shoes for Kaleb like I asked you to?" She looked up. "I did." He assured, not wanting to irritate her. "Thank you." A sigh of relief escaped her mouth— though she knew Kross wasn't one to fail her. "Don't you want to take a nap before the whole gang gets here?" He stuck his hands into his pockets, staring so deeply at his wife. He gave her a look. She had this glow to her that he was well-familiar with.

"I'm not tired." She shrugged, taking a slight step back to look at the arrangements on the table. "Is Taylor still bringing her plus one? I set eighteen plates but I want to make sure I'm not forgetting anyone." She paced the dining area of their home. "Baby, you out did yourself! Everything looks amazing and I'm sure everyone coming will appreciate you for putting this together, okay? I appreciate you for doing all this! I love you, but you need to chill out." Kross was now standing close enough to smell the scent of sweet potato pie on her clothes.

"I just want today to be wholly." Destiny pouted, "This is our first year hosting thanksgiving as a family with all our family and friends." She was nervous and couldn't recognize why. These were people who she'd been around long enough to grow secure with. "Babe," Kross cupped her face in his hands, "Believe me when I say you did all you could do and then some. Please, go upstairs get cleaned up and rest. I got it from here." He kissed her forehead.

"Okay." She gave in before releasing a tiresome yarn, sending Kross into laughter. While Destiny headed up to their bedroom for a shower and nap, Kross cleaned up the kitchen to save his wife the trouble. His phone rang as if on cue, displaying Kyrie's name across the screen. "Yo!" Kross answered seconds later.

"Happy Thanksgiving, ugly ass nigga!" Kyrie joked from his end of the line. Kross sucked his teeth, "Nigga, don't be feeling yourself. Happy turkey day though, my brother." He replied with small chuckles. "Yea, whatever. I was only hitting you to let you know Ima be a lil' late to the festivities. My flight got delayed." Kyrie explained. "Cool. You straight bro. I'll see you when you get here then." Kross told him.

The phone conversation ended shortly after. It was going on 3pm in the afternoon and people would soon be arriving to the house. Kross jogged upstairs, heading for Skylar's bedroom. He sent a soft knock before walking in. Though she's only four-years-old, Kross still gave his daughter the respect of knocking before entering. "You all ready, baby girl?" He questioned seeing a dressed Skylar on the bed.

She nodded with a cheesy grin. "Daddy, I'm hungry!" Skylar stood up from her bed in a pretty orange and grey striped romper dress. Destiny had done her hair in a simple bun but she still looked adorable. "It's almost time to eat. We're just waiting on everyone to get here, okay?" Kross was down on his knee so that he was at perfect height with Skylar. "You promise?" She tilted her head to the side making the cutest sad face.