S H A R I N G S E A S O N

"Destiny this is Emmi, my girlfriend

"Destiny this is Emmi, my girlfriend." Taylor gave a formal introduction. Destiny, in the moment was caught by surprise. She wasn't expecting Taylor's plus one to be a woman— her girlfriend at that. "It's nice to meet you, Emmi." Destiny was polite. "You as well. Your home is absolutely alluring." Emmi complimented. Destiny thanked her, being sure not to leave Kross out of the credits.

"Everyone's not here yet, but Kross and his parents are in the kitchen catching up. The kids are in there too." She told Taylor. The three walked into the kitchen, gathering with the kids, Kross and his parents. "Mommy!" Skylar squealed, dashing over to her mom. Taylor quickly picked her daughter up, planting wet kisses all over her face. "I missed you, Sky-pie!" She finally placed her back down on her feet.

"Hi Emmi! I like your curls." Skylar turned to look at Emmi, who couldn't stop cheesing at the sight of Skylar. Though Skylar did not fully grasp the concept of her mom and Emmi being in a relationship, she understood that they loved one another— like her daddy and Destiny. The kids went back into the entertainment room shortly after, allowing the adults to talk amongst themselves. "So, this is who's been keeping you whole?" Kross cleared his throat.

Taylor's body was tense as she nodded. "Emmi, this is Kross and his parents." She didn't want to be rude and exclude his mother and father from the introduction. A couple months ago, Taylor had shared with Kross that she had began seeing someone and it was somewhat becoming serious. He wished her newfound relationship well and left things at that. Until it involved Skylar, it wasn't his business to interfere with.

When Taylor had discussed wanting to introduce Skylar to her partner, Kross never assumed it would be someone of the same sex; no judgment intended. He— in the moment, was astound by Emmi's presence. Their eyes met briefly. Destiny stood beside her husband, anxious. "It's nice to officially meet you." Emmi held her hand out. Kross took deep breaths in efforts to mentally prepare himself for this— the introduction. "Like wise. Is Emmi short for something?" He wondered, shaking her black manicured hand. "Nope. Just Emmi." She nervously chuckled.

"Taylor, dear, I had no idea you were having relations with women." Giselle had to be the person to take it there instead of minding her own business. This was one of the many reasons she and Taylor never seemed to get along. "Woman, just one." She corrected. "And there's a lot you don't know about me because you never really took the time to get to know me. The Taylor you knew a few years ago isn't the same person I am today." She added.

"Ma." Kross starred over at his mother. She often made shady comments here and there. Although she never means any viscous harm, Giselle had a bit of a sassy mouth on her to match her sometimes prissy ways. "Can I offer anyone a glass of wine, maybe some water?" Destiny wanted to kill the tension in the kitchen. "I'll have whatever you're offering." Emmi answered, grabbing Taylor's hand as she followed behind Destiny.