S A Y I T A I N T S O

Kross:

Today was visitation day; and unlike all the other visitation days Taylor had with Skylar, today had my nerves at an all time high. This would be the first time since Taylors spiral which led to her treatment— that Skylar would be staying overnight with her. Though Taylor has proven the changes needed to be shown in order to keep Skylar overnight, Kross couldn't help but be anxious.

"Babe, Taylor's downstairs." Destiny came walking into their bedroom. Kross sat at the edge of the bed on his side with his head down. He let out a tiresome sigh before holding his head up to look over at his wife. She read his eyes just as she did any other time she sensed something was on his mind or bothering him. Destiny took a seat beside Kross on their bed.

"Talk to me." She rubbed his back in comfort. There were a few minutes of silence. "I don't wanna sound paranoid, but what if something happens?" He looked at Destiny, fearful and hopeless. She exhaled understanding her husbands concerns. She too, had some of her own but she had faith in Taylor for some reason.

"We've prepared for this. We're only fifteen-minutes away from Taylor's place. Sky has both of our phone numbers and we assured her to call us at any point of the night if she feels she wants to come home." Destiny reassured him on some of the things they sat Skylar down and talked to her about.

This put Kross at a slight ease. He leaned in forward, pecking his wife on the lips. He honestly didn't know what he'd do without her. If it were anyone chosen to be his better half; it was Destiny. Kross swore of this. "Thank you, for always keeping me out my thoughts." He slipped Destiny a charming smile, making her heart flutter. "I didn't vow to do anything otherwise." She smirked.

"But you did vow to frustrate me." He chuckled humorously while rising from the bed. "You know you love it here." She waved him off before standing to her feet. The two grabbed the kids from their rooms before going downstairs to meet with Taylor. "Mommy!" Skylar jumped once she noticed her mother's presence. "Hey, sky-bug!" Taylor picked her daughter up from ground, attacking her face with wet kisses. Destiny smiled at the scene.

"Alright. Go tell daddy, Destiny, and Kaleb goodnight so we can get going." Taylor placed Skylar back on her feet. Kross bent down reaching to pick Skylar off her feet. "You gonna have a great time with mommy?" He asked, gently brushing her cheek. "Mhm-hmm. We're gonna play dress-up." Skylar nodded, sounding overly excited. This made Kross content with the overnight stay at Taylor's.

"Sounds exciting! Be a good girl for mommy. Daddy loves you, and I'll see you tomorrow." He gave his daughter a big kiss and a tight squeeze. "Put it here, my girl." Destiny kneeled to Skylar's level while holding her hand out and wiggling her fingers aroud. Kross laughed just as he did any other time the two did their infamous hand shake. He also thought they looked cute doing it.

Skylar giggled feeling Destiny's fingers wiggle with her tiny ones. "I miss you already. Have a blast, kiddo." Destiny hugged Skylar's small frame tight before allowing her to hug and kiss her baby brother. "Alrighty then. We'll see you guys tomorrow afternoon." Taylor waved bye as she grabbed Skylar's bag.

Kross and Destiny watched as the two disappeared through the front door. Kaleb could be heard whining seconds later. "Aw. It's okay, papa. Your sister will be back tomorrow. You'll see her soon." Destiny tried soothing Kaleb. Apart from seeing Skylar leave, she knew it was time for his bedtime which is also why he was a bit cranky.

"Let's eat some food little man." Kross scooped his son off the floor before heading into the kitchen. Destiny warmed up a plate of mash potatoes and chicken strips for Kross to feed to Kaleb. Moments later, she stood admiring the sight of her husband feeding their son. It was always the simplest things for her— whether it be the way Kross tended to the kids or how even after an exhausting day at work, he'd still come home ready to hear about her day. She loved each part of this man with every aching bone in her body.