T H E S I N

Two weeks later:

"I didn't think you had it in you" he spoke, his warm breath blowing on the back of my neck.

"What are you doing here" I asked.
"Here to see you" he stated.
"See me for what" I nervously played with my fingers, confused.
"You see, I knew karma was going to catch up with me for all the bad I've done" he let out a small chuckle, "but you... how you sleep at night knowing you cost three people their lives, one including a fucking baby" he questioned.

Tears rolled down my face. "No, no. That's not on me, Quan" my shaky voice spoke. "Oh, but it is" he smirked, walking over to the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of water, twisting the cap off. He chugged the entire bottle before tossing it on the floor.

"This isn't real. I-I'm dreaming" I shook my head. "You right" he nodded. "This ain't real"

"But, you have my blood on your hands now" he voiced. "N-No, I don't" I stuttered.
He smirked, walking up to me. He used one hand to touch my cheek.
"You do, Destiny. And you're gonna live with dat' shit... fo' the rest of yo life" he told me.

I began crying uncontrollably and then, just like that, he vanished. "No! No! This..." I mumbled.

"This isn't on me!" Destiny yelled in her sleep. Kross shot his head up from his pillow, gently shaking her. Her eyes fluttered open, looking over at Kross. He sighed, running his hand through his beard. "Another dream?" He sighed. Destiny sat up straight in bed, rubbing her eyes. She shook her head yes.

Kross pulled her into his chest, "It's not your fault, baby. You aren't to blame for this." He tried comforting Destiny. Tears rolled down her cheeks before she wiped them away, sniffling. "My heart feels heavy." She admitted. "Not because he's dead, but because an innocent baby was caught in the crossfire." She explained. Kross could understand that. He two, felt disgusted on the inside.

"Look at me." He held her chin, looking into her eyes. "None of this is your fault. I know you didn't go there with the intent of killing anyone." Kross stated. "But it is on me." Destiny shook her head, "I took your gun out the safe. I went over there. I backed out that gun. She wanted to take the baby and leave, but I told her no, demanded she stay." Her voice cracked. "It's on me... they're blood is on my hands."

"Baby." Kross ran his thumb over her lips, "Stop beating yourself up over this. You didn't kill anyone, ok?" He stared deeply into her eyes. She nodded, looking over at the window as the sun was getting ready to rise. "I think you should talk to someone." Kross spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"Like, a shrink?" Destiny questioned. He chuckled slightly, removing his body from the bed. "A therapist, yes." He shook his head. Destiny twisted her mouth to the side, not knowing how to feel about that. "Look, I'm not against going to therapy, but I just can't see myself opening up to a total stranger." She exhaled. "Understandable. But, it doesn't have to be permanent. Just talk to someone, please."

Destiny shook her head, agreeing to see a therapist. She hasn't been able to sleep through the night without having dreams about Quan. Guilt was killing her, and she didn't know how to handle it. "I'll ask my doctor to recommend some." She told Kross. He walked over to her side of the bed, "I just want what's best for you." He made clear.
"I know." She gave him a faint smile.