L I V I N G A L I E

It's been a while since I've updated, here y'all go. Enjoy! 💕

Being six-months pregnant definitely has it perks. Like when I come into work and the crew has donuts, chocolate chip cookies and other junk foods waiting for me. Or when I ask someone for a favor and they don't tell me no. However, being six-months pregnant also has it's cons. No longer being able to put on my own sneakers because I can't see over my belly or having to get driven around because being in the drivers seat was now uncomfortable for me.

Either way, I'm thrilled to be approaching my due date to arrive; if this baby doesn't decide to be stubborn. Kross and I have been reading a lot of baby books to know what to expect when the baby comes. I still can't wrap my head around my vagina having to stretch ten centimeters in order to push a human out. Somedays, I wonder if my body will ever be what it was before barring a child. I've gained a total of thirty pounds so far, which only made me feel like a pig at times.

Kross constantly reminded me how great I look or how he likes me the way I am, but I don't like me the way I am. That's the problem. I even thought about getting a gym membership as soon as I get discharged from the hospital. Yeah, I might sound crazy; but I value my body. I wrapped up with my exclusive interview, where I talked about transitioning from nobody to somebody. When I left the building, my driver was already parked out front, waiting to take me home.

"Good evening, Ms. Destiny." Drew, the driver greeted, opening the door for me. "Hey Drew, thank you." I smiled, climbing into the backseat. All I could think about was a hot shower and getting into bed. My body was more exhausted these days. Maybe because I've been working nonstop, which was against Kross wishes. He told me that he would much rather me home and relaxed then overworking myself. So, we both came to the agreement that I would take time off at thirty-weeks to insecure me and the baby's safety.

Ever since finding out the gender of our baby almost three weeks ago, Kross has been geeked. He was doing more baby shopping than me. I swear he's purchased half the items for babies on the Gucci website. He's really excited to be a father, you can see it printed across his face without having to ask. I made it home an hour later, walking through the house, dropping my keys and bags. It's been lonely these past couple of days with Kross being in Detroit, away on business. He promised he would be back as soon as possible.

Although I miss him like crazy and wish he were home, I understand that business is business, and money needs to be made. Walking into our bedroom, I flicked on the lights before removing my clothes for a hot shower. I grabbed my towel and hygiene products before entering the bathroom. I waited exactly three minutes for the water to get hot, stepping inside of the tub. As always, the heat from the water beating on my skin allowed some of the tension to leave my body.

Placing one hand on my stomach, I rubbed my it in a circular motion. "I can't wait to meet you." I whispered, talking to my stomach. I felt a small kick causing me to giggle, "Is that your way of telling me that you can't wait to meet me too?" I softly giggled. I spent a total of forty-five minutes showering, staying a little longer that I usually would because the water had taken me to a place of comfort. Wrapping myself in a large brown towel, I opened the bathroom door. I walked over to the bed, picking up my cellphone.

I went over to Kross's contact, placing the phone to my ear. The line rang a few times before going to voicemail, "Hey, babe. Just calling to see what you're up to and to say I miss you. Call me back when you can. I love you, KJ" I hung up after leaving him a message. I walked into our shared closet, deciding to wear one of his large t-shirts tonight since I miss him so much. I reached for the grey tee on the second shelf, carefully pulling it down but somehow, something still managed to fall.

A brown folder fell to the floor, leaving the papers scattered by my feet. I sighed, getting down to pick everything up. When I picked up the paper to place back inside the folder, I couldn't help but notice who's picture I was staring at. Why does Kross have a picture of Quan? Growing confused, I began looking at the other sheet of paper that had fallen. I didn't recognize any of the dozens of names listed on the paper but there had to be over a hundred names here. That's it? A picture of Quan and a bunch of random names? What the fuck?

I placed everything back into the folder, carefully putting it back on the shelf. After getting dressed, I left the bedroom for a night snack before bed. I grabbed a frozen chicken and broccoli pasta from the freezer, popping it into the microwave. When it was done, I sat around the island with a cup of water. My phone vibrated on the counter, displaying a picture of Kross across from screen. "Hello." I answered.

"Hey, baby girl. I just got back to the hotel and saw your call. You okay, everything okay?" His soothing voice spoke into the phone. "I'm fine, KJ." I assured, "I just miss you." I took sips of the water. "I  miss you more. Looks like I'll be back before Sunday." He informed, causing me to grow excited. "That's a relief. I can't wait to see you!" I replied with a huge grin. "I can't wait to kiss you." He said. We ended up being on the phone for over an hour. While on the phone listening to Kross explain the house he got hired to build, I contemplated on bringing up my findings in the closet.

I think I have the right to know why he has a picture of Quan, Right? And those names on the paper... who the fuck are those people? The not knowing was killing me; I cut Kross off in the middle of a sentence. "I found a picture of Quan on your side of the closet today." There was a pause followed by a few minutes of silence. "Hello, tell me why you have a picture of him." I said into the phone.

Kross sighed, "You weren't supposed to see that." He stated. "Well I did." I told him, scrunching up my face. "We keeping secrets now?" I asked, wondering why he was suddenly being secretive and about Quan at that. "He's someone you should of never gotten into relations with." Kross said. "Why?" I questioned. "Does it matter?" He asked from his end.

"Yes, it matters! Why is there a picture of him in our closet? Why is there a list of names? What's going on Kross?" I wanted more than those short responses he was giving. "That nigga, Quan, Q— whatever the fuck he go by... he ain't who you think he is. And, I'm going to expose him." Kross confessed. What? What the fuck is happening?

- - -

What y'all think Des and Kross having, boy or girl? 🎀🏈

What y'all think Kross means by "Quan isn't who you think he is" 🧐🧐🧐 mhmm.. I wonder.

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰