S O U L I N T H O U G H T

Kross:

Waking up the next morning, her side of the bed was cold. I checked the messages on my phone, seeing quite a few text messages and new business emails. I sent Destiny my daily good morning text; wishing her a good and productive day. Things between us since first finding out about the pregnancy have been clashing. I knew the hormones added to her crazy mood swings and attitude, but I figured there was more to it.

So, last night, I took her out for a nice private dinner; where we openly talked. She confessed that at first, she wasn't sure about keeping our child— however, after hearing that strong heartbeat, there wasn't any doubt in her mind about wanting to safely bring our child into this world. She admitted that she was being selfish for automatically choosing herself over a life that is fifty percent her.

I told her to not put the blame on herself. No one is ever truly ready for a child, even with all the preparation. Planning for the birth of a child, versus them physically being here are two, very different scenarios. But regardless of how she felt before, all that matters now is; we are both on the same page. I personally feel like we'll make great parents.

It won't be easy, but we'll figure it out, together. I plan to marry Destiny someday; give her the entire world because she deserves it and more. I still find it crazy how out of all the females I've ever dealt with, she was the only one able to bring out another side of me. I can honestly admit to being in love, and I'm far from ashamed of it. It's true what what they say; when you know, you know. That's how I feel.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I grabbed the keys to my truck, leaving out the condo. I started up the truck, backing out the garage. Today, I have meetings nonstop, which I'm not the biggest fan of but, business is business. Most people who don't know me just see as "Jamal Jackson's son, son of a Billionaire". But they'll never understand how hard I work my ass off just to be my own person.

When you're born into wealth, people automatically assume you have life well easy and handed to you. Truth is, shit isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Money can buy materialistic items, but not the things that matter most; love, family, happiness, peace. Some folks even find it crazy that I chose to have my own business; working to become a billionaire by myself. Everyone's always like, "Why do you work when your father is rich"
"Aren't you already stupid rich, you don't need this company", but aren't I entitled to my own accomplishments?

I'm grateful for having a stable upbringing— however, my life isn't any easier or better than the nine-to-five working human being. Just because I'm 'The Billionaires Son' doesn't mean I'm not qualified to work and have my own. Everything that I own; I've built from absolutely nothing to something. Still, the outsiders judging will never understand it because all they see is my last name and dollar signs.
Another reason I love being with Destiny. She wasn't fascinated by my name or basic family information, but the man who I only allow very few to know, KJ.

Before heading to my first meeting, I had two pit stops to make. Pulling into the parking space, I parked my truck before getting out. I walked into the shop, "Morning, Mr. Jackson!" Elle, the elderly woman behind the counter greeted being familiar with me. "Morning, Elle! How are you doing today?" I asked,engaging in polite conversation. Elle is the owner of this here flower garden that has existed for almost fifty years. The flower shop has been passed down in her family for generations.

Unfortunately, Elle doesn't have any children of her own to leave the flower garden to, which often made her low-spirited. She disclosed to me that people have been trying to buy out 'Labott's Flower Shop' for the past three years and she's afraid that since there's no one next in line to take over the family business, there's a high chance of this place going to shambles. "I'm okay this morning." She smiled.

"Here for the regular?" Elle asked, standing behind the register in her floral vest and blue jeans. Her hair was almost the same color as the sun. Her face contained very few wrinkles for a sixty-seven year old woman and her blue eyes reminded me of the sky on a cloudy day. "No. I'm actually going to order something different today." I told her. She allowed me to roam through the garden in the back.

It must've took me a good fifteen-minutes to find the perfect flowers. I walked back to the front, placing my order with Elle. "Instead of the usual, I would like for you to deliver eight dozen Baby's Breaths." She wrote down my order on a sticky note before saying, "I'll have Charlie deliver it at the usual time." I nodded, paying her for my order and thanking her.

When I left the shop, I was right on time to meet up with Chance. I pulled up to his rental house, ringing the bell. "Come in." He opened the door, welcoming me inside the house. "Now why you rent this big ass house if you only staying three days?" I questioned. "You in my business?" He joked. "Shut up, fool!" I flicked him off, entering the living room area of the newly renovated, furnished house. "Imma need your ass to build me and my future wife a house like this." Chance commented.

"Show me some money and I'll get to building right now. Better yet, show me your ass capable of getting a wife." I clowned on him. "Whatever, nigga." He opened a bottle of Hennessy, pouring himself a glass. "What you wanted to see me about?" I asked. "I got that information you asked for." Chance smirked, pulling a brown file from off the table. He handed it to me and I gladly opened it up, reading what was on the inside.

"Good shit." I thanked him for the valuable information he uncovered. "Use that shit wisely." He told me. "You don't think I know that? Don't underestimate me." I looked him stupidly while standing to my feet. "Aight." He nodded. I dapped Chance up again before going on my way. There were only three things I couldn't fuck with; people testing my character, fucking with my lady and family, and stealing from me.

Quan did two of those three things. He had officially made it onto my shit list.

                                       - - -

Calm chapter update.

Vote & comment Thanks for reading! 🥰