T H E V I S I T

Destiny spent the whole two hours and ten-minutes on the plane, sleeping. It was obvious her body needed the rest, so Kross watched as she peacefully slept. He finished up the final piece on his new project. Being the outstanding architecture he is, Kross was hired for many jobs; some of which were his own. John Woodbine and his wife, Sarah, paid Kross to build them their dream house in Calabasas, Los Angeles.

He spent five, almost six-months working on the perfect sketches, layouts and designs. All he had to do now was get the elderly married couple to approve of his creations. Once that was out the way, his masterpiece will finally be in the works of being executed. He took pride in his work. When Kross and Destiny landed in New York, it was approximately eight-thirty at night.

Destiny's eyes fluttered open feeling Kross lightly tap her shoulder. She looked up at his tall frame hovering over her body. "What time is it?" She sat up straight, rubbing her eyes. He looked down at the Rolex on his wrist, "Exactly eight-thirty-seven." He informed. After retrieving their luggage from the jet, they were escorted over to their driver, Alonzo, who was sent to pick up the couple upon the request of Kross's mom.

They got into the backseat of the tinted black Mercedes Benz. Alonzo pulled off shortly after. The drive from to the airport to his parents house was an hour long. When they pulled into the double chrome gates, his mother, Giselle, was impatiently waiting for the two to get out of the car. "Hey, Gigi!" Destiny greeted his mother, standing across from her.

"Oh, Destiny, it's so good to see you again! You're glowing darling." Giselle pulled Destiny into a hug. Giselle didn't look a day over thirty. She kept her physical appearance up to par consistently. She trimmed her hair down two months ago, leaving her with a shortcut that suited the size of her face and features all too well. Kross walked up to his mother, wrapping his arms around her.

"Oh, I missed you, baby!" Giselle uttered into his chest. Being that Kross is the one and only child, his mom shares a special kind of love in her heart for him. Jamal, Kross's dad, came out of the house to see what all the sobbing was about since Giselle had started crying. "Son!" Jamal's face lit up seeing Kross. The two dapped each other up, sharing a manly hug.

"Destiny, my stunning daughter-in-law. How are you?" Jamal directed his attention to Destiny, who stood off to the side. "Hey, pop! I'm doing good. Feels great to see the two of you again." She smiled. Before meeting Jamal, Destiny had all these bazar thoughts about what he might be like since she heard about his reputation. But, to her surprise, he was the complete opposite.

He's generous, straight forward, and affable. However, she could also understand why most people fear him. Jamal is a big man, standing at six foot ten and average weight. His beard contained a few stands of grey hair, which he refused to dye at his wife's request. Jamal has made clear that he's proud of the fact he's getting old. His dark-deep-rich-cool skin always remained free of any blemishes.

( Picture of Kross's parents below )

Giselle and Jamal welcomed Kross and Destiny into their beautiful home, which most people considered a mansion

Giselle and Jamal welcomed Kross and Destiny into their beautiful home, which most people considered a mansion. Their house cost over a total of forty-five hundred thousand dollars. Spanning approximately five-thousand square feet of breathtaking indoor space and more. The Jackson's lived like royalty.

After settling into the house, everyone gathered around the dining table for a full course meal prepared by the family's personal chef. "How was the flight?" Giselle questioned. "It was peaceful." Destiny answered. "Yeah, you were sleep the entire way." Kross laughed. Destiny playfully mushed his shoulder.

Giselle took a sip of her wine, watching as Kross and Destiny interacted with one another. From the minute Giselle met Destiny, she knew she was the one for her baby boy. Destiny was absolutely nothing like any of the other females Kross brought to dinner. Her aura and energy did the talking first.

"How's that project coming along, son?" Jamal asked Kross. "Jamal, can we not talk about work related business while at the dinner table?" Giselle mugged her husband, "Besides, KJ isn't here for work."
Knowing how his wife could get, Jamal changed the topic of the conversation quickly. The four sat at the dinner table for nearly two hours, talking about simple topics that bounced around.

                                             - - -

Later on after dinner, Giselle and Destiny made chitchat in the kitchen over a container of Cookies n' Cream ice cream. "By the way, I love what you've done with your hair!" Destiny complemented.
Giselle beamed with joy, running her fingers through her finger waves. "Thank you, sweetheart." Giselle responded with a wholesome smile.

It was safe to say that Destiny and Giselle have a pretty decent relationship. Giselle is nothing less of a amiable person. She's always polite and understanding, which is why Destiny found her likeable. While sitting around the white marble top island, Giselle couldn't help but to notice Destiny's glow. She was familiar with this type of glow.

But she didn't want to come off too strong or seem too overstepping. None the less, she knew dead on; what Kross was piecing together and Destiny was pushing to the back of her mind due to denial. "Do you plan on telling him?" Giselle questioned in a whisper. Destiny scrunched her face in confusion.

"Telling him what? I don't follow." She looked at Giselle, clueless. "I think you should let him know. Jamal and I, we raised KJ to be a man, take care of his responsibilities." She stated. Still, Destiny didn't understand what she was talking about. "Gigi, pardon me if it's the jet lag, but I am completely lost to what this is about." She spoke.

A sigh escaped Giselle's mouth. "Are you going to tell him you're pregnant, Destiny?" She questioned, being fully transparent. Destiny's mouth gapped open. She swallowed the lump in her throat, not knowing how to respond. She couldn't confirm nor deny weather or not she is pregnant, but it was sort of obvious... wasn't it? The constant dizziness. The rapid weight gain. The mood swings. It all added up.

"But it can't add up. I don't want this. We, didn't plan this", Destiny silently thought to herself, freaking out. The Visit to New York that was supposed to be a getaway relaxer; shifted it's agenda within a matter of hours. There was no time to relax now. Destiny was left in panic mode.

                                               - - -

Vote & comment thanks for reading! 🥰