N E V E R E N D I N G

One month later:

Kross:

"I know, I hate her ass, but I wanna know where she at." Kross spoke into the phone. "I don't care. Find out her last whereabouts...it's been a month." He said. From the couch, Destiny overheard the entire conversation. It's been over a month since anyone has seen or heard from Taylor. When Kross had his lawyer send over some legal work, Taylor failed to respond.

He tried calling her, still she wouldn't answer. Her phone was going straight to voicemail. Feeling completely hopeless, he reached out to her mother, who was also worried about Taylor's well being. Elaine briefly notified Kross of Taylor's bipolar disorder while talking over the phone.

This came as a shock to him, but it made sense why she was all over the place and on drugs. After ending his phone call, he walked into the living room. "Any luck?" Destiny asked, feeding Kaleb some of her ice cream. "Not yet. Hopefully something will come up though." Kross stated, hopeful.

"I hope it so. Skylar needs her mother." She voiced. Even though Skylar is adjust well with not seeing her mom everyday, that still doesn't mean she doesn't need her around. The reality is, Skylar needs both, her mom and dad. One of the most healthy things for a child is see their parents getting along, happy.

"How did you...you know, handle your mom being on drugs?" He questioned, curious. Destiny lightly chuckled, pulling in her bottom. "If it weren't for my siblings, I don't know if I could of been as strong as I was." She disclosed, "But Taylor isn't my mother, babe. I think that if we actually offer her some help, she'll get better." She added, surprising Kross.

A few months ago she couldn't stomach the thought of him having a child outside of their relationship. Now, she's handling the situation with maturity and thoughtful consideration. "I love you." Kross looked at her, smiling. "I love you, too." She smirked. "Thank you for everything. I know it's stressful, but you've been here for me." He expressed.

"And I'm going to continue being here for you." Destiny assured. The two shared a short kiss before it was interrupted by Kaleb, who began smacking his daddy's face. Kross laughed, looking down at their son. "Don't be tryna' mess up my game." He said.

"Your birthday is coming up." Destiny reminded, getting excited. "Yeah." He sighed, not sounding interested. "Anything you wanna do?" She questioned. He ran his hand through his thick beard, taking a minute to think. "Be with you and my kids." He told her honestly. "Aw. I love the idea, but you only turn 24 once, baby." She stressed.

"I don't know." He shrugged, "I have everything I could ever want in life. I have a loving family, friends and business is good. I don't want for nothing, baby." He voiced. Smiling at his words, a cheesy smile displayed on Destiny's face. "Fair enough." She said. His wishes still weren't going to stop what she has planned for his birthday though.

- - -

A week later:

Entering the restaurant, Destiny's eyes roamed the room in search of her siblings. Once she spotted De'Lanice, she walked over to the table where all 3 of them sat. "Hey, y'all." She greeted, claiming her seat beside Darnell. "You dyed your hair boy?" She looked over at her brother, who now had honey brown hair. "Like it?" He asked.

"It's a good look on you." Destiny admitted. Taking notice to De'Lanice's glow, she asked, "What's making you so happy these days?" De'Lanice cleared her throat, "I have a boyfriend." She confessed. This came as a shock to her sisters and brother.

"What? I'll beat that nigga up." Darnell stated, screwing up his face. Although he is the baby of the family, he is very overprotective of Destiny, Deedra, and De'Lanice. Shit, he was just starting to warm up to Deedra's boyfriend, Brandon, who has been dating his sister for over a year now.

Since De'Lanice is officially 19, Destiny saw no harm in her stepping into the dating scene. "Who is he? Does he make you happy?" She began drilling her little sister with questions. "His name is Eric. We go to the same college, and yes. He makes me happy." De'Lanice smiled uncontrollably.

"He a white boy, ain't he?" Darnell asked, causing Destiny to mush his shoulder. De'Lanice shook her head, rolling her eyes at her brother. "No, he's not white." She disclosed. "He's Dominican and black. He's a really nice guy and we've been knowing each other for a while now." She shared.

De'Lanice knew how protective her siblings could be, so the least she could do was give them some light background info on the new boy in her life. "As long as you don't let the relationship affect your grades and he treats you right, I see no issues." Destiny stated. "He won't and he does." She said.

"Okay. Good." Destiny nodded. "Dee, what's going on with you? You're being awfully quiet." She directed her attention to Deedra. "School is school, stressful. I'm hanging on though." She shrugged. "Mm. What's wrong?" Destiny asked, knowing something was wrong with her sister. "It's nothing." Deedra shook her head.

"No, it's not nothing. Tell us what's wrong." Destiny insisted. "Yeah, tell us." Darnell chimed in, "Was it that Brandon nigga? You know I can handle that." He told his sister. This made Deedra burst into laughter, "You stupid." She told him. "But for real, it's nothing." She assured her siblings.

While waiting on their meal, an unexpected visitor popped up in tears. "How could you?" Jhade looked at Destiny in disbelief. Destiny looked up at Jhade, confused. "How could I what?" She asked, not knowing where Jhade was going. "You lied to my face." Tears streamed down Jhade's face.

"Chill." Darnell stood up to his feet since Jhade was now drawing attention. "What's this about?" He questioned. "Ask your sister. She knows." Jhade grilled Destiny with cold eyes that looked just like her brothers. "I don't know what your problem is, little girl, but you better get it together." Destiny spoke.

"Oh, I will." Jhade wiped the tears from her face, "Because when I'm finished with you, you'll regret ever crossing paths with my brother." She threatened before storming out the busy restaurant.

The truth doesn't cost you anything, but the lies will cost you everything...

                                              - - -

Thoughts on this chapter?

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰