T H E S E T I E S T H A T B I N D

Destiny sat beside Kross on the bed in silence. She still couldn't bring herself to a response because her thoughts were running wild. She knew she couldn't be mad due to the simple fact this was before her time, but she couldn't deny feeling slightly hurt. Here she is, planning an entire future with Kross and their son, only to find out he possibly has another child who isn't 50% of her. This made her dejected.

"I understand if you don't wanna talk to me." He spoke, looking straight ahead at nothing in particular. "I'm not mad." Destiny voiced, looking down at her feet in the dark. "I wasn't expecting anything like this, but I understand that you had no knowledge of the situation." She told him. "I can't believe my mom really did that." He said, pausing in perplexity.

"It wasn't her place. But, you still have time to bond with that child if she is yours. And, you have my full support." She spoke, truthfully.  She knew this wasn't about her, nor Kross and his mother, but about the the little girl who deserved to grow up with a father in her life. Kross got off the bed, kneeling down in front of her. "I can't put into words how much I appreciate you for this, baby." He said.

"I know." She nodded, looking away to keep the tears from falling. "Do what you need to do." She slipped him a faint smile. He nodded, pecking her lips. "I love you." He told her, rubbing on her thigh. "I love you, too." She responded. Kross stood up, leaving the room. Exhaling heavily, Destiny shut her eyes closed. So many things went through her mind as she placed her head back on the fluffy pillow.

Soon, she drifted off into a deep and well needed nap.

        - - -

Two days later:

Kross:

Kross and his family managed to have a peaceful thanksgiving despite the tension between he and his mother. He put Destiny and their son on a private jet back to Atlanta last night. Kross couldn't find it in his heart to leave without paying Taylor a visit. Pulling into the apartment complex, he parked and removed his keys from the ignition.

He let out a heavy sigh before getting out of his truck. Old women in the neighborhood sat out on their porch front, minding everyone else's business. He knew showing up to her place unannounced probably wasn't the smartest idea, but he already came this far. Sending a few knocks to the door, he patiently waited for an answer.

Moments later, the locks on the door could be heard turning. Taylor swung open the door, shocked. "K-Kross. What are you doing here?" She questioned, tucking a piece of her curly hair behind her ear. "My mom told me everything, Taylor." Kross voiced. She sighed, "Well, I guess you should come in then." She stepped to the side. He walked inside of her apartment, looking around.

There wasn't much to the place. A small beige couch in the living room along with a small tv that sat on the floor and slightly dirty carpets. "Can I offer you some water?" Taylor asked, stepping into the half-sized kitchen. "I'm good. Thanks though." Kross told her. "Ok." She nodded, taking a seat on the couch, "You're free to have a seat." She giggled.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, cutting straight to the chase. "Because, I was afraid of your mom, Kross." Taylor spoke. "She never liked me. I was afraid she would make me have an abortion or try to convince you to get full custody." She said. "Look, Taylor, I know what my moms did was foul, but you can't seriously blame her for all this shit." He mugged her.

"And why would I not?" She questioned, scoffing. "You're a grown ass woman. You could of found some way to let me know. But, instead, yo ass waited 3 whole years later." He said. "The only reason why I even showed up at your moms house is because my daughter wants to know who her father is." Taylor spat, rolling her eyes. "You sure it's not because that 500k ran out?" Kross questioned.

"Look, I don't need you." Taylor voiced, getting off the couch. "I'm doing this for my daughters happiness. I don't need your support because I've been doing it all on my own. And, I damn sure don't need to do it because I want money." She made clear. "Mhm. So, you wouldn't mind getting a DNA test?" He asked, waiting for her response.

"I wouldn't mind one bit." She shrugged her shoulders. "Cool. I'll have my lawyer give you a call. I suppose we can go on from there." Kross told her. "Fine by me." She slipped him a faint smile. He nodded, walking over to the front door. "Oh, and one more thing." He stopped, turning around to face her. "If you ever show up at my parents house again unannounced and uninvited, I'll kill you." He smiled.

Taylor was taken back by his words because never, has experienced this side of Kross Jackson. "You can't talk to the mother of your child like that!" She yelled before he could walk out the door. Kross wanted to bust out in laughter. "The mother of my child?" He looked her up and down. "As far as I'm concerned, only one female is the mother of my child, and you ain't her." He stated, coldly.

Those words caused Taylor's face to frown. "I thought you'd always love me, Kross." She spoke, on the verge of a breakdown. "Man, Taylor, yo ass needs evaluation. You cheated on me...with a bitch." Kross jogged her memory. "You left me because my mama offered your money hungry ass $500,000. You shady, as fuck." He said. Taylor looked up at the stained ceiling, holding her tears back.

"Skylar is yours. I know it." She looked deep into his eyes. "Well, if she is mine, I'll step up and be there for her in every possible way." He stated. "But, until that's confirmed, stay the hell away from me and mine." He told her, walking towards the door. He left before she could get another sentence in.

Taylor watched the door close, angrily wiping the tears from her face. She rushed into the back where she and her daughter slept, searching through the jewelry box on the nightstand. Finding the small zip the lock baggie, she darted across the hall into the bathroom. She poured the white substance inside the bag onto the sink, making 3 lines. She brought her face closer to the sink, snorting all 3 lines.

Taylor lifted her head, looking into the mirror with a grin on her face. The buzz from the coke was beginning to clam her worked up nerves. "Fuck him! I don't need his spoiled, rich ass" she said aloud, talking to herself. "Fuck him!" She repeated, busting into laughter this time. She left the bathroom, walking out to the living room, where she then passed out on the couch. Once an addict, always an addict.

    - - -

Thoughts on this chapter? ☕️

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰