J U S T A N I L L U S I O N

"I'm nervous." Destiny confessed, setting the dinner table while Kross stood to the side, watching her. "Baby, you have nothing to be nervous about. I'm sure dinner with your parents will be fine." He said. She sighed, setting the final plate down on the gold placemat. "I hope so." She looked up at him.

He walked over to her, cupping her face in the palm of his hand. "I'm here. Once again, you have nothing to worry about." He kissed her lips softly. Just then, the doorbell rang. Destiny ran her hands down the hem of her dress, making sure her appearance looked presentable.

Walking over to the door, she took a deep breath before swinging it open. She stood in front of Trina and Courtney, her parents. "Hi." She gave them a slight smile. "Destiny, this place is a castle." Her mama spoke. "Come in." She said, allowing them inside the house.

"Nice to see you again." Kross said to Trina, giving her a hug. "The house is beautiful." Trina smiled. "Thanks. Your daughter did her thing setting all the furniture up." He admitted, causing Destiny to smirk. "Baby, this is my um, dad, Courtney." She introduced the two since they never formally met.

"Pleasure." Kross shook his hand with a firm grip. "So, dad, how are you feeling?" Destiny questioned. "I've had worse days." He shrugged, "But I'm happy to be here." He smiled. "Keep putting up a fight." Kross chimed in, speaking on his health issue.

Not long after, the 4 were seated around the dinner table. No words were exchanged until Trina said, "Uh, where is my handsome grand baby?" Destiny looked up from her plate of food, "With a friend of mine. I thought it would be best if it were only the 4 of us." She stated.

"Oh, okay." Trina nodded, placing a forkful of greens into her mouth. "Are you looking for a new job?" Destiny asked. "Des, I can't work. Your father needs me." Her mama told her. "Mama, there's actual nurses that will tend to whatever he needs." She said.

"Well, I don't have that kind of money, Destiny." Trina mugged from across the table. Already knowing where this would go, Destiny shifted the topic of the conversation. "Dad, I want to talk about our relationship." She voiced. "Ok, I'm listening." Courtney wiped the corners of his mouth.

She looked over at Kross, who sat beside her. He held her hand under the table for comfort. She cleared her throat, "Do you, uh, remember those trips you would take me on? The fishing ones?" She asked.

"Of course I do." Her father cheesed, "We had a good time fishing." She scoffed, flaring up her nose. "We barely fished, dad. From what I remember, you were always on top of me." She let out. "Destiny!" Trina exclaimed, wanting her to stop.

"No, ma. You don't want to hear the truth, you never do." She grilled her mother. "You raped me. You took away my innocent and you were supposed to be the man who protected me." She looked at her father with hate. "You told me that I was special, but only because I was of good use to you." She shook her head, holding back the tears.

"I-I don't remember any of that, baby girl." Courtney stated, looking awfully confused. "Look, I'm not about to sit here and have you making me sound crazy. You raped me for 3 consistent years! You know, when you got locked up I wasn't even sad. I was actually relieved because I didn't have to go on those "fishing" trips anymore." She expressed.

No more words were exchanged after Destiny's statement. "I think we should leave." Trina spoke after a few minutes of silence. Destiny's eyes expanded at her mother's words. "Yeah, I think the two of you should leave." She agreed. Removing themselves from the dinner table, Trina and Courtney left the house without caring to say their goodbyes.

For some reason, Destiny couldn't shake the feeling that this would be the last time she spoke to her parents. She's made her peace, but her parents were too deep in denial to accept the trauma they've caused. When she heard the front door open and close, she immediately broke down in tears.

Kross grabbed her, holding on to her tightly as she sobbed. "Am I making it up? Is it all in my head?" She cried. "No, baby. I believe every single thing you told me. Screw them if they don't wanna admit to their wrongs." He told her. "They don't deserve you."

- - -

Taylor:

Walking down the dark streets of Harlem, Taylor could barely keep her balance. She had been partying from sun up til' sun down, and all the drugs and alcohol was starting to whoop her ass. "Ay, you good?" A guy called out. She flicked him off, continuing on her way. "Fuck you, bitch!" The guy shouted.

She made it to her destination a couple blocks later, banging hard on the door. Leon swung his front door open, holding a bat, ready to beat the fuck out of the person crazy enough to bang on his door at 3 in the morning. He saw that it was Taylor standing before him, lowering the bat. "Tay, the fuck you doing here so late?" He questioned, looking around outside.

"I-I need s-some stuff." Her words slurred. "How fucking lit are you?" He looked her up and down. She was only wearing one foot of shoe, her eyes were blood shot red, and she wasn't wearing a t-shirt nor bra under the thin brown jacket she wore.

"Looks and sounds like you've had enough. Go home, Tay. Sleep this shit off." He told her. "No!" She raised her voice, "I need some of that good stuff and I need it now!" Taylor demanded. "I'll let you fuck me." She cackled. Leon sighed, shaking his head.

"I don't got no product right now. Bring your washed up ass home." He said. "Fuck you! Little dick ass bitch." She mushed his chest, walking off. Once she walked out the project building, a tall and handsome man with a dark and lovely complexion watched her remove the leather boot from her foot.

"You lost?" His deep voice questioned. "No, b-but you can get lost." She rolled her eyes. "What if I have something you want?" He smirked, holding up the zip lock baggie containing a large amount of white substance. Taylor's face lit up.

Adding extra swish in her walk, she headed in his direction. "Now we're talking." She smiled, standing all in his personal space. She tried grabbing the bag, but the man quickly pulled it away. "Oh, no. Not so fast, lil' ma." He chuckled, "You got some money?" He asked. From her appearance, he figured she wouldn't even have half the balance.

"No." She said, pouting. He laughed, "How bad do you want it?" He licked his lips. "I need it." She looked into his cold eyes. "Then get in the car and show me what the mouf' do." He stated. Only caring to get high, Taylor walked over to the passengers side of the Hummer truck.

Little did she know, she wouldn't be giving head nor receiving her precious little bag of coke.

- - -

Thoughts on this chapter?

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰