L O V E, T H E J A C K S O N'S ♥️

The next day rolled in and it was as if the Jackson's residence had become a comfortable inn. Friends and family gathered their home, after what felt like forever of not seeing one another. "No, for-real, Des, this is like MTV cribs." Cleo was still in awe of the home. Destiny let out a joyous laughter before thanking her friend, again. "I really missed you." She pulled Cleo in for a tight hug. "Y'all in here crying?" Darnell screwed his face upon walking into the kitchen.

"Why, you want a hug too?" Cleo teased him, holding her arms open. "Mane, get in here we trying to eat." He was tired of waiting on the girls to join everyone at the dinner table. "Go. We coming now." Destiny waved her brother off, sending him out the kitchen. "I have something big to tell you, but it can wait until after we eat." Cleo said. Destiny's eyebrows furrowed, "Everything alright?" She observed her friends appearance. She knew it couldn't be news of a pregnancy because Cleo didn't go that way. She wondered what could it be, but was patient enough to wait.

The two joined the rest of the guests at the dinner table. Kross cleared his throat before speaking, "Des and I appreciate y'all for being here with us. I know we all have our own lives, but it feels good to have everybody here, under one roof." He smiled hearty. "Thank you for having us." His mother replied on everyone's behalf. Soon, chatter and laughter went around the fully seated table. Kross and Chance were on a full on debate about this weekends big basketball game. It was the first one of the season, and Chance was willing to bet on the 76ers each time.

"Bro, stop it." Kross placed his cup back down, "You know the Celtics about to take that W. I'm sorry." He clowned Chance. Kyrie silently laughed. Giselle and Jamal overheard their debate and laughed at how strong each of them felt about their choice of basketball teams. "Y'all both ain't on nothing with them sucky teams." Darnell decided to chime in. Kross chuckled, "I know mister Miami Heat fan ain't over there talking." Darnell rubbed his beard that he was desperately waiting to connect. "Don't come for my team like that bruh. We got three championships." He reminded. "Barely." Chance mumbled. "Last time I checked, the 76ers ain't win a championship since 1983." Kross bursted into laughter.

"Don't sleep." Chance said his final words. The girls sat on the other end of the dinner table, engaging in their own conversation. "I still can't believe you're married with two kids, and living in this beautiful ass house." Cleo said. "Three kids, but I catch your drift friend." Destiny giggled, "I, myself be in disbelief too." She added. "I'm real proud of how far you've come. You never gave up." Cleo admired her friends growth. "Thank you, boo." Destiny could appreciate the acknowledgment. They talked more over the delicious food before moving on to desert. The kids went out to play in the backyard afterwards while the guys sat out on the patio and talked.

Destiny nursed Rylie while sitting beside Cleo on the couch. The two watched reruns of love and hip-hop like they often did back in the days. "I don't know how you do it." Cleo smiled watching Destiny burp the baby. "Do what?" She looked awkwardly. "This. Be a damn good mom to three different age groups." Destiny couldn't help but laugh. "I don't know. It comes naturally. It's hard not to want to nature and love on kids. I will never understand how some parents abandon this job title." She replied. Cleo sighed and then there was a pause in the conversation.

After putting Rylie down in her bassinet, Destiny grabbed a wine cooler for Cleo and a bottle of cranberry juice for herself. "Ok, so the big news I have to share with you." Cleo took a sip of her drink before repositioning herself on the couch. "I" the doorbell went off just as she was about to go on. Destiny silently cursed, resting her drink on the center table and getting up. "Hold that though. I'll be right back girl." She left the living room to answer the door.