Send Him In

"My queen we caught the intruder. What would you like us to do with him?" A palace guard says after he bows. "He is detained correct? And disarmed?" "Of course." "I would like to see him. If it's safe." "Yes it is safe. We have him bound." "Send him in please." The doors of your throne room open and a tall thin man is ushered to the middle of the room. His head hangs low as his black hair covers his face. "Look at me please." The intruder doesn't look up which causes your guard to become agitated. "She is talking to you!" "It's alright. Maybe he is deaf." "I can assure you I am not deaf." His voice rasps as he slowly lifts his head to meet your gaze. "Ah an Asgardian. Now why would one of your kind come and trespass in my kingdom? It's surly nothing compared to the golden realm that is your home." His fists and jaw clenches at the word home. "It's not my home." You study his features and gestures, trying to understand what he means. Then it hits you he is not of Asgard but of Jotunheim. You stand and slowly walk towards this man. Judging by the look on everyone's face, they are confused. "Never the less, I would still like an answer." You say soft and kind as you get a better look at him. "A spell gone wrong I'm afraid. My destination was to be Midgard but somehow I ended up here. Uh what is this place called exactly?" "Eden." "Eden? Like the mythical garden which Christians believe creation began?" "Why yes. How do you know of this?" "I read a lot of books." He chuckles as his chains rattle. "I assure you I mean no harm. Just passing through." "I see. You look like you could use some rest and a meal. You can stay here for the night and retry the spell in the morning. If you would like. I know how teleportation spells can be a drain on the body." "That is very kind and generous of you your highness. Wait how do you know that about the spell?" You and the guards laugh causing this man to look around the room awkwardly. "My dear you really don't know where you are or who you are speaking to huh?" You tease as you give a flick of your wrist. His chains vanish and he looks at his free hands in awe. "I am (Y/N), the Enchantress and Queen of Eden." "T-The Enchantress?" He stammers as his eyes go wide. "What? Where you expecting some old hag?" "No not exactly. You're supposed to be thousands of years old." "And?" "Well you don't look it. May I ask how?" "It's all natural dear. No smoke and mirrors here." You hum as you reach out for his hand. He pulls it closer to his body. "Please don't. I don't mean any disrespect but it's for the best." He says quietly as he looks down at the floor. "I see. No offense taken. Follow me, I'll show you to a room."

A guard bows as you come to a long hallway. "Ah my brave guardsman, I have an assignment for you." "It will be a pleasure my queen." "Wonderful follow me please." As you continue down the hallway you notice the man in green becoming nervous. "Don't you fret dear, you're not a prisoner. My guardsman is only here to help." He nods and you turn to the guard. "You my darling are to help our guest around, get him to and from the dinning hall and retrieve things he may need for his stay." "As you wish my queen but does he have a name?" This causes you to stop suddenly causing the men to run into you. "Goodness me where are my manners? What is your name?" "My name is Thomas." He says as he keeps his eyes lowered. "Ah there we are. You will help Thomas for the night." You hum as you start to move again. "Here we are." You open the door to a large bedroom with a balcony.

"Your highness I beg pardon but this is much too luxurious for someone like me. I am an intruder after all." "Would you feel more comfortable in the dungeon then?" You tease as you draw back the large curtains to let in some light. "I assure you it's quite alright for you to stay here. Us magical beings must stick together right?" You shoot a wink in his direction with a playful smile. "Yes, of course queen (Y/N)." He stammers as a faint blush creeps along his cheeks. "Then it's settled. Dinner is at 6 and you can wear this." You hold out your hands as a formal outfit manifests in them. Silks of green and black pile up neatly. "I believe I got your measurements right, if not feel free to tailor them to your liking. I must be off now. See you at dinner." Before any of the men could say a word you vanish with a light puff of smoke.