The Deal

You are a princess of a neighboring kingdom of Asgard. Your father traded your hand in marriage for Asgardian protection of your kingdom. You were the youngest of your parents children's and no where near being the heir to the throne. Your parents never really paid attention to you since they only saw you as a tool for diplomacy. You're betrothed to the youngest prince of Asgard, prince Loki. After the deal was finalized between the Kings you received a letter from the prince.

Hello Princess
My name is Loki. I have recently been informed that we are to be married and I figured it would be good to get to know each other. So here are a few things about me. I posses magic. My favorite colors are green, gold and black. I love to read. I enjoy long walks in the forest. I ride horses often. Do you ride? Anyway that's all I can think of right now, I hope to hear back from you soon.
Loki

This gesture made you smile. It was nice to know that the prince took time out of his day to write you. And from what it seems he genuinely wants to know about the woman he is betrothed to. You notice the paper has a scent to it. You bring it to your nose and can tell it's pine and some kind of citrus notes. "This must be his scent." You think to yourself. You go over to your desk and start to write the prince back.

Hello Prince Loki
My name is (Y/N). Yes it is a good idea to get to know each other. Your letter made me smile and realize I'm not in this diplomacy deal alone. I don't have any special qualities about me like magic, I'm just your run of the mill princess. My favorite colors are... I like to make tapestries and other needlework projects. I too like walks in the forest, I often climb up the trees to get away from my family. Once I climbed up a tree and it took the palace guards 6 hours to find me. I thought it was hilarious but my father was outraged. To answer you question, no I don't ride. I've always wanted to but my mother said it was unbecoming of a lady to ride a beast like that. I don't think they are beasts, they are absolutely beautiful to me. Do you have your own horse or do you just pick one from the stable whenever you ride?
(Y/N)
PS I enclosed a handkerchief as a token of my appreciation for taking time out of your day to write me.

You send off the letter and handkerchief and wait for his response. Meanwhile at dinner Loki was presented your letter. He was surprised that you wrote back so quickly. "What is that my son?" Frigga asks eyeing the envelope. "A letter from the princess I'm to marry. I wrote her first and this is her response." "Who would want to marry you brother?" Thor teases and Loki's expression falls. "Thor that's not very nice! I'm sure there are lots of people who would want to marry your brother." Frigga says sharply. Thor shrugs and continues to eat. "You make be excused to go read it in private Loki." She coos gently squeezing his hand for reassurance. "Thank you mother." He says softly and takes his leave.

He rushes to his room and quickly opens the envelope. He holds your soft handkerchief while he reads your words. After he brings the fabric to his face and inhales you sweet scent. He begins his response while holding the gift tight as if someone would take it away from him.

Dear (Y/N)
No need for formality, you can just call me Loki. I'd like to thank you for the gift. It has your scent on it and it's heavenly. I enjoyed your story about climbing up the tree. You're a mischief maker I can tell. I'm sorry about your family though, I don't really get along with mine either. My mother is amazing but father and brother can be brutes sometimes. When you're here I'll teach you to ride and yes I have my own horse, his name is Sven. He is all black with a white patch on his nose. No need to feel alone in this, from what you've told me I'm sure we will get along just fine. I'm honestly excited to meet you. I bet you're beautiful. Until then I hope to receive more letters from you.
Yours Loki

Your letters would continue for months. Confiding in each other all your secrets and fears. You were falling in love this man and you don't even know that he looks like. Sure he described himself, tall, pale, black hair, green eyes, but that doesn't replace the real thing. You sat down to write your last letter before your arrival for the wedding.

My dearest,
It's pretty crazy how I will be in your arms in just a few weeks. Are you excited? I do hope we get sometime together before the ceremony. You can teach me to ride like you promised in our first few letters. I really hope you like me and I can please you. Guess we won't know until I arrive.
Until then my prince
(Y/N)

My princess,
Of course I'm excited. I've been counting the days till I get to see you. I already adore you so no need to worry my sweet. Yes we should have a few days together before the wedding to finalize everything. I have some activities planned for us and yes it does include a ride on Sven but probably start teaching you after the wedding. Your chambers are ready for your arrival and they aren't too far from my mine just in case you would need anything. I'm grinning like a mad man writing this my cheeks hurt. I will have you in my arms soon my pet.
Until then my love
Loki

You arrive with your parents to the golden palace of Asgard. Your presence was announced and lead into the throne room. Your eyes quickly find Loki's and he smiles. You and your parents kneel before Odin, Frigga, Loki and Thor. "Such a joyous occasion for our kingdoms." Odin booms as you stand up. The Kings talk but you could only pay attention to Loki. You take in his handsome features and he yours. There was love through the letters but now it's officially love at first sight. A dinner was prepared in your honor and were seated next to Loki. "Well hello there my sweet." He coos in your ear causing you to giggle. "Hello my prince. You're far more handsome then you described. I feel almost lied too." "As do I. You are far more gorgeous in person." He says taking your hand and kissing it. He holds your hand all through dinner. After the meal Loki escorts you to your room where your things have already been taken. "What's the plan for tomorrow?" You ask leaning your head against his shoulder as you walk down the long halls. "I believe we have to pick the food and cake for the reception in the morning. Then after that I'll give you a tour. How does that sound?" "Sounds like a plan." You hum as you stop in front a door for a moment. "This is my room. If you need anything this is where you can find me." You nod and continue down the hall. "And this is yours." He says opening the door to a large beautifully decorated room. "Oh Loki this amazing all my favorite colors too." "Of course my dear wanted you to feel comfortable." He says placing his hands on your shoulders. You turn to face him and quickly pull him into a hug. He laughs and embraces you. "I'm so glad your here." "Me too." You sigh pulling away from him. He caresses your cheeks and smiles down at you. "You're so little." He says pulling you into another hug. "And you're so tall." Your voice muffled against his chest. "What was that little one? Ah little one may I call you that?" He asks tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. "Yes I like your pet names for me. They are cute." "Well that's good to know." There was a knock at the door and he opens it. "Ah here you are." He says as a woman comes into the room. "This is Astrid your ladies maid. She used to be mine so I know she will take good care of you." Loki says placing his hands on the young woman's shoulders. "Nice to meet you my princess." She says as she curtsies. "Pleasure is mine. I'm (Y/N)." You say and she giggles. "Yes I know who you are. Prince Loki told me all about you." "Well I'll leave you to it then. Goodnight little one I'll fetch you in the morning." He says kissing your hand and shutting the door behind him. Astrid helps you unpack a little. She pulls out a large dress bag and hangs it in the closet. "Is this your wedding dress my princess?" She asks as you pull out your jewelry boxes and perfumes. "Yes it's my dress. And no need for this my princess or your highness stuff. I don't let my maids call me that at home and I won't have it here. Just call me (Y/N)." "Oh I couldn't possibly do that. I would get scolded if someone were to hear me call you by only your name. Is lady (Y/N) ok?" "Yes that's fine. But if anyone gives you a hard time let me know and I'll handle it." "As you wish. Would you like to get ready for bed?" "Yes Astrid I would." You say walking towards her to help you out of your attire. "Do you bathe or shower and at what time?" She asks as she loosens your corset for you to get out of. "Showers and in the morning." You sit at the vanity for her to take your hair down. "Ok I will be here in the morning then to help you get ready for when prince Loki comes for you. Is there anything else you need?" "No I think I'm good for the night. Thank you Astrid goodnight." "Goodnight lady (Y/N)" she takes her leave and you climb into the large bed.