Touch

"Why do I have to go to this ball? Thor is already going and he's the heir. It's not like I'm needed." Loki huffs while having tea with his mother. "Because you both were invited and just because you are not the eldest doesn't mean you don't have your own set of duties to tend to. You are still a prince and princes still have to make royal appearances even if they don't want to. Now please see the tailor today so they can have your outfit ready for the ball." Frigga sighs before taking a sip of tea. "Fine but when we come back be ready for me to complain about the entire event." "As if you'd have it any other way my son." She teases earning a grumble from Loki.

"Presenting Thor and Loki, crown prince and prince of Asgard." A member of staff says as the brothers walk into the ballroom. Guests that already arrived take a moment to bow then return to their previous activities. "What exactly is this ball for anyway?" Loki whispers as he takes a champagne flute from a server walking around with a tray. "Just a get together of various leaders of different realms and nations. You know so you can talk about current events and make allies. So please be on your best behavior, mother is really counting on us to come home in one piece." Thor laughs as he pats his little brother on the shoulder. Loki just shrugs as he starts to make his way through the crowd. He manages to find himself a nice observation spot in the corner of the room.

He was getting tired of standing and watching the crowd. He starts to sit down on the bench he knew was behind him. You let out a yelp when he landed in your lap. Loki quickly got up and turned to face you. "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there. Are you alright?" He asks as you smooth out your dress. "Yes I think so. I'd say I make a better queen than chair." You joke trying to laugh off the awkward situation. "Queen?" Loki asks as the color drains from his face. "Yes queen (Y/N) of Alesana." "I'm Loki of Asgard. I'm terribly sorry for sitting on you my queen. Can I get you a drink." "Sure as a penance for your crime." You tease but you can see he is still very uneasy. "That was a joke dear." "Oh right. I'll be back then." He says before taking his leave.

As he was retrieving the drink Loki runs into Thor. "Having fun?" "No. I may have got us in trouble." "Gods what have you done now Loki?" Thor growls as Loki takes two glasses from the server. "I may have sat on a queen." "You sat on a queen!?!? How did you manage that?" Thor shouts drawing eyes towards the brothers. "I didn't see her. She must have snuck up on me. I'm trying to fix it." Loki says as he gestures to the drinks in his hands. "Nords Loki you better hope your silver tongue can smooth things over with her. Now go, don't keep her waiting."

"Here you are your highness. Again I'm dreadfully sorry about sitting on you." He says as he hands you a glass. "Well how about you sit down on the bench this time." You say as you pat the open space next to you. He sits as you take a sip of your drink. "Ugh I despise these things. The only thing they are good for is the food and drink. Don't you think?" You ask as you watch the room full of people. "I can't really say. This is my first ball." "Goodness your first ball and you're already sitting on queens? You sure move fast huh?" You tease earning a pleading look from Loki. "I really hope you forgive me." "Don't worry dear. I just like teasing you about it. You can take a joke right? Mr god of mischief?" You say as you nudge him with your elbow. "How did you know that?" He asks looking at you strange. "I'm a sorceress and can know everything about a person by touching them." "Oh and when I sat on you..." Loki trails off as you nod. "That's really unique. I've never come across anyone that could do that." "Yep it's pretty neat but gets tiresome. That's why I hate these balls. Everyone touching and shaking hands. I like to hide out in a corner." You say as you gesture to the secluded area you both were in. "Yeah I'm not one for socializing either. I didn't even want to come in the first place but my mother insisted." "Oh how is Frigga by the way?" "She is well. Have you met her before?" "Yes at my first ball. I was just a princess then but I remember she was very kind and beautiful. My father brought me to show off my power like some parlor trick. She noticed it was draining me and took me to a bench to rest. She too never seen someone with my ability." You smile as you reminisce. "Yep that sounds like something mother would do." He says as staff announce that dinner was ready.