King of Asgard pt 3

You sit on the throne as guests are filing into the room. "King Zachary of Alexandria." A guard announces and you rise to your feet. He makes his way to you and bows. "King Zachary welcome to Asgard." "The pleasure is all mine King Loki." He hums as he kisses your hand. Your advisors exchange glances but you just wink and they nod. "We have prepared a feast in your honor. Shall we?" He nods and you lead him to the dinning hall. Once all the guests are seated you take your place at the head of the table. "May tonight be the start of many shared feasts with King Zachary and Alexandria." You lift your cup in the air as the others follow. You take a drink then settle into your chair. Dinner begins and you strike up a conversation with the king. "So tell me about yourself King Zachary." "Hmm what would you like to know my king?" "Whatever you want to tell me. I'm all ears." You hum as you start to cut into your meat. You learn of his parentage, his hobbies and the people of Alexandria. "As you can see my people need help. Any aid Asgard could spare would save a lot of my people. We will forever be in your debt King Loki." "We will discuss this issue later. Now it is time to dance."

You make your way to the middle of the open floor and take his hand in yours. He places his hand on your waist, "is this ok?" You nod as the music begins. He starts off slow and ridged. "I'm sorry I'm not the best of dancers." "It's alright I'm sure you have other talents. We can stop once the song is over." "Thank you." He says as he slows down and gently sways you from side to side. Your guests join in once you two separate. An advisor hands you and the king a drink. "Oh this is Asgardian ale, one of our specialities. Hope you like it." You say as you take a drink. He follows and as soon as the liquor reaches his tongue, the face he made caused you to giggle. "That's very strong." He pants as he shivers in shock. "Really? I guess I'm just used to it." You shrug as you make your way to the other advisors. "Gentlemen, how is the night treating you?" "Just fine my king. You always throw the best parties." One of the men say and the rest nod in agreement. The senior advisor offers his hand to you, "may I have this dance my king?" "Of course." You hum as you place your hand in his. "You don't mind right King Zachary?" "Not at all my king. I'll just watch. See how it's really done." He chuckles as he takes another drink. You and the advisor make your way into the crowd. "Why does he think I'm Loki?" "I'm not sure maybe that's the only name he knows." "Hmmm makes you wonder." You giggle and he smiles. "Best not make assumptions on his intelligence just yet my king. We don't know what he's capable of." "Right you are. Now let's dance." He gracefully leads you around the room in time to the music. For the first time in these long weeks you don't feel the weight of the throne. Your smile is genuine, Loki is getting better, the party is going well, King Zachary seems nice and well mannered and this dance is so much fun.

"She's very beautiful don't you think?" King Zachary says to the group of other advisors. They all mumble something in the affirmative trying to figure out this guy. "You know I find it odd that a woman is given the title of king." "Is that a problem?" An advisor asks a little annoyed at his statement. "No but it's not how I would run my kingdom." "Ah yes you're doing a marvelous job at that aren't you?" He teases causing the king to purse his lips together and let out a defeated sigh. "You got me there." You walk back to the group. "Shall we go somewhere private to talk things over?" "Yes please King Loki. Lead the way."

You make yourself comfortable in your study. You stretch out on your plush beanbags and gesture for him to sit in the chair you provided. "My I speak freely King Loki?" He asks as you pull out your secret stash of chocolates. "First things first my name is not Loki. That's my husband. Would you like a piece?" You hold out the box but he shakes his head no. "Wait if you're not King Loki then who are you?" "I'm (Y/N), King of Asgard." "I would prefer to discuss this matter with him. He was the one that I sent the letter to." "Yes but I'm the one that read it. So you will discuss this with me." There is a long pause of silence as King Zachary processed the new information. "Where is King Loki?" "That's none of your business. Please don't waste anymore of the King's time." An advisor says with annoyance and you shoot him a mild glare. "Please tell me what aid you need and I'm sure we can come to an agreement." King Zachary explains everything, his people are starving because a horrible fire ripped through the fields just after the kingdom was established. In order to survive he needs food and men to ration it out. He needs Asgardian guards so everyone gets their fair share and no bribery happens between his guards and the people. "I and my kingdom will do anything for this aid if you grant it to us King (Y/N)." "The fire. How was it started?" "Lightning strike." "And the fields burned, were they palace or villager's?" "We don't have palace fields. Everything is owned by the people. Farmers pay taxes with their crop." "Hmmm I see." You say as you think over the information that King Zachary has told you. You silence made him nervous. He sank to his knees and cautiously inches closer to you.  "Please my king. We really need your help. Your help will save hundreds." He whimpers as he kisses your hand. "I need a moment to talk it over with my advisors. Would you mind waiting outside?" "Yes my king." He stands and is escorted out of your study. You get up and make your way to your desk. "What are you thinking my king?" An advisor asks as they follow you. "I don't know. I want to help but how do we know we can trust him. Trust his story. Gods I'm not the God of Lies. I can't tell like Loki can." "You just have to trust your judgement. This is your decision to make my king. We will wait for your word outside." The men bow and take their leave. You're left alone with your thoughts as you look out the window at the glittering realm that is Asgard.

The men wait outside your door. Your advisors talk to each other in Asgardian so King Zachary won't understand. "What you you think she will choose?" "I'm not sure there are so many unknowns. I couldn't imagine the weight she must feel." "I trust her no matter what she decides. She may not be Loki but she is a force all of her own. She will make the right call." Just as the advisor finished his sentence you opened the door and stepped out. The men all scramble to stand up straight and respectable. "I can't dwell on this matter any longer. You will have the aid and guards you need king Zachary. My advisors will see to the planning and logistics. Now I must go." You say quickly as you turn towards the healing rooms. "Oh my king I can't thank you enough. Alexandria is forever in your debt." Zachary cries as he falls to his knees clutching at the skirt of your dress. "Oh please sir that is not the way a king should behave. Now please release me, I must go." He whimpers but let's go of your dress so you may move. "Long live king (Y/N)!" He shouts just as you turn the corner into another hallway. You lean against the wall as your head spins. You hate making decisions like this without proper information but you couldn't bare knowing people are suffering. After some deep slow breaths you continue to the healers.