Welcome Home Pt 2

Hugo is in meetings with Odin. You figured Loki would be sitting in on them as well so you went to go spend time with your family. You got to catch up on everyone's lives and hold your newest niece for a while. You manage to get your brother to talk with you in a break of his busy schedule. With you both being the eldest of the siblings he knew you wanted to talk about more than just his recent activities. "How is everything? How's mother and father?" "Everything is alright. Father is enjoying retirement and mother is still at Frigga's side. I doubt she'll ever step down unless father takes a turn for the worse. Loki checks in on us often which I guess is at your request." Your brother, Jasper, says as he stirs his tea. "Yes I've asked him to keep an eye on everyone. I know I'm not around anymore but please don't take on the family burden on your own. I can help even with being so far away. We always have the bifrost." You say as you give his hand a squeeze. "I know but with you being queen now I don't want to pester you with something I can handle." "Family issues aren't a pester Jasper. Nor is your own health and sanity. You need to let me know if you need a break. I can bring them all to my home and give you a little alone time." "Father shouldn't be traveling and if he can't go mother won't either." Jasper sighs wishing he could have a break from household duties. "Well I can at least get the siblings, their partners and children out of your hair. I'm sure that would help. Then they can all come back and tell you about my beautiful kingdom and how well I run it." You tease earning a smile from your brother. "That would help. They come to me about everything you know." "Just as we would come to father and mother. Remember when you asked father if you could ask that red headed girl out to the harvest ball? Remember what he said?" You laugh as you reminisce. "Well I'm not sure why you're asking me? I'm not that red haired girl you like from class. I'm sure she'd give you a better answer." He says imitating your father's voice. You both laugh enjoying the moment. "Oh how I've missed you (Y/N). You're always good for a laugh. I best be getting back though." "Indeed those warriors can't train themselves now can they Captain." "Umm it's actually Major now. I must have forgot to tell you." He says after he stands from his seat at the table you shared. "Really? That's wonderful Jasper! I'm so proud of you." You say as you give him a big hug. "Thanks sis. But I really must get going. See you tonight your highness." He says with a bow causing you to roll your eyes.

"Has anyone seen Enit? I haven't got to talk to her yet." You ask as you walk back into the common area of your family's chambers. They all kinda shrug and shake their heads no. "Let's go on a walk in the gardens." Oh yes please can we." Your twin nieces, Ina and Dina say as they hook their arms into yours. "Only if it's alright with your father." You say as you look over at your little brother, Segit who always has his nose in a book. He waves you three off with his eyes barely leaving the page. You all leisurely stroll through the palace gardens. The twins talk your ears off but you're just happy to be home so you don't mind it. "Aunt (Y/N) we found something a few months ago and want to show you." They giggle as they start to lead you to where the gardens bleed into the forest. You figured they "discovered" the old sundial that every child finds while playing in this area. You had to hold in a laugh as they excitedly explain to you that they found it all on their own and they are master explorers. You find it odd when they walk past the old sundial and stop at a tree. "Tah dah!" They exclaim as they pull back some overgrown brush to reveal a carving in the tree's bark. You gasp as you read the words. Tears come to your eyes causing the twin's excitement to deflate. "We're sorry auntie. We'd thought you'd like it." "Oh no darlings it's alright. It's just I've forgot about this and all the memories came back. Have you shown this to anyone else?" "Only prince Loki." "And what did he say about it?" "He laughed for a long time and told us to make sure we showed you the next time you're here. What is it?" You dry your eyes with your handkerchief and motion for the girls to take your hands. "I'll tell you all about it on the way back."

You and Loki skipped school for the day because he convinced you that you wouldn't get in trouble since he's a prince and will be king one day. So teachers can't punish their future king or his best friend for that matter. He convinced the kitchen to pack him a picnic lunch for the two of you and supplied his horse early in the morning so no one was around to question it. You both acted like you were going to school but at the last second you turned the opposite direction. Breaking into a sprint you both ran to where he tied up his horse. After mounting you were deep into the woods within minutes. You both hiked, climbed trees and swam in the lake all day. You had your picnic by the lake and watched the ripples on the water. Noticing the time you both head back to the palace so you can leave on time with the other school children. At the edge on the forest where the palace gardens started Loki got off his horse and took out his dagger. He craved your names into the tree bark with a heart around it. He then used a spell so a bush would grow over it so no one besides the two of you would know it's there. Just as he got his foot in one stirrup is when Frigga and your mother caught you. "Your grandmother was so mad at me her face turned red. And queen Frigga said she would throw us both in the dungeons. I was so scared she was really going to do it but prince Loki tried to use his magic to make them forget they saw us. Queen Frigga snatched him up by his ear before he could finish his spell. I'm sure it wouldn't of worked anyway because he was still learning his magic back then. But there you have it. We skipped school, had fun, immortalized that day in the bark of a tree and got severely punished by our mothers." You laugh as you tell them the story about that day. "But why did he put a heart around your names? Did you both love each other?" "Yes but we didn't understand what that meant yet. We were only 12 at the time." "Do you still love each other?" They ask in that tell tell way little girls ask things when they want to know some juicy gossip. "I'd surely hope she still loves me." An all to familiar voice says behind you. You turn to find Loki, who seems to have been following you for a few minutes. "Did you show her the carving girls?" "Yes prince Loki just like you asked." They say in unison with a giggle after Loki gave them a wink. "Wonderful now how about you tell your father I can read a book faster than him without using my magic. That always gets him fired up." He laughs as you cross your arms. The twins run off to deliver the message. "Why must my brother be the subject of your mischief?" "Because I needed the children to leave us so I can correct your memory about that story your highness." He says as he links his arm with yours so you can continue your walk. "Is that so?" "Yes. You see there were some errors like we were far beyond 12 years old. Closer to 15 if my memory serves me right and it always does. And that was the first time I saw you almost naked." He coos causing you to blush and earning him a shove with your shoulder. "Can you not say that so loud? I do remember and I kept that out of the story for the sake of my nieces ears. Surely don't need them blurting that out to Hugo. Speaking of, where is Hugo? Weren't you two in the same meeting?" "Yes but he might have had another one after that I wasn't invited to."