Expendable

"Loki I have bad news." Thor says to his brothers illusion. "I'm sure it's not as urgent as you claimed it to be. Out with it I'm very busy." Loki huffs as he rummages through some papers on his desk. "(Y/N) was captured on our mission. We are trying to find her but we have no idea who took her. They weren't Hydra." "What? No this must be a joke. (Y/N) would never get captured. She's too skilled. Please tell me you're lying." Loki pleads as his illusion tries to grab thors hand. "I'm sorry Loki. The team and shield are doing everything we can. We'll find her I just wanted to let you know." "I'm coming just give me time to situate things here." "I don't think that would be a good idea Loki. You're still under restrictions here." Thor says trying to reason with his brother. "I don't give a damn Thor! (Y/N) is missing and I'm going to find her!" He snaps causing his illusion to weaken for a moment. "Warn your people I'm coming." He says before the illusion disappears.

Loki's heart is racing. Every horrible outcome is flashing through his mind as he tries to get things in order so he can leave Asgard. He teleports to the bifrost gate. "Please tell me you can see her Heimdall." He closes his golden eyes and tries to concentrate on you. After a moment he shakes his head. "I'm sorry I couldn't find her. It was only dark static." Loki pats him on the shoulder and sighs. "You tried your best. I'm leaving you in charge while I'm away." "I understand my king." With that Heimdall opens the bifrost to Midgard.

Loki met you during his invasion with the chitauri. You were only a low ranking agent back then. You monitored him while he was in the glass cell on the helicarrier and when he was detained by shield before he went back him with Thor. You caught his eye right away. He didn't think some Midgardian would be so striking. He'd try to talk to you but your responses were short and flat. He was a criminal after all. His face would light up when you'd walk in the room when it was your turn to watch him. He wrote you a letter before returning home. In it he laid out that he thought you were gorgeous and interesting. He made a promise to get better so you could possibly become friends. He kept his word and you've been privately dating for years now. Only Thor knows about your relationship. With you being an official avenger now your secret is getting harder and harder to keep.

The bifrost places Loki on the avengers compound roof where Thor was waiting. "Any news?" "Nothing yet. But Loki you can't come in here bossing people around. I understand you're upset. We all are. Just please be respectful." Thor pleads as he follows him into the building. Loki quickly turns on his heels, appalled at what his brother just said. "Respectful?!? Were you and the team respectful to (Y/N) when you let her get captured? Were you respectful when you all came back here, to comfort and safety, when you could be out there looking for her?" "Now you just wait a second little brother. We didn't just let her get captured. We didn't just shrug our shoulders and come back home. We are doing everything we can." "Everything? Is that right? Did you already consult with Heimdall?" "Well Umm no." Thor says realizing that would have been a good idea. "Exactly. Now please get your team together. I want to know what exactly happened." Loki says sharply to emphasize his point. "And no he couldn't see her." He says before walking down the hall to the conference room.

Loki sat and watched everyone's body camera film trying to pick out clues. His breath catches in the back of his throat at your scream and your film going black. "It was like she vanished. You can see in the video. We are all near her then poof she was gone." Steve says as the team nods. Well besides one teammate. Clint was still very weary of Loki. Hate would be the word he would use to describe the prince. "I don't know why we are telling him this. Or even why he is here. This is official avengers business." He says through gritted teeth. Everyone is a little taken back by it. So much aggression that isn't normal coming from Barton. "Look I understand you still don't like me. Yes what I did to you was horrible and I've tried to apologize. I'm just here to help get (Y/N) home." "And why do you care so much for her?" "Because she's my friend?" "Or is it that she's one of our most skilled members and you want to manipulate her into taking us all down so you can invade again? Huh? Is that your ploy?" Clint says as he slams his fists against the table. "I bet you're the one who set this up. You took her. Admit it!" He screams jumping up from his seat. Steve and Tony quickly restrain him. "What is your problem Clint? This isn't like you at all." Natasha says trying to calm him down. He only shrugs off Tony and Steve and leaves the room.