The Wax Sealed Letter

You always tried to make things fun. You were always coming up with games to play. You didn't like when people were left out of the fun. You absolutely hated bullies. You and your class were playing in the palace gardens when you noticed prince Loki by himself. This wasn't anything new, he usually sat under a tree to read a book. Today he didn't have a book and something told you to go check on him. You walk over and sit down next to him. "Hi Loki. Where is your book? You usually have a book." "Hi (Y/N) I've been grounded for secretly reading at the dinner table. No books for me for a week. It's going to be awful." He sighs as he holds his head in his hands. "Oh no. I'm sorry that doesn't sound fun. Would you want to come and play with me maybe?" "What are you playing?" "Freeze tag. But we can play something else if you want." You say as you get up and dust the dirt off your dress. "No I'll play that." He says as he gets up to follow you back to the group.

Thor was playing too and you noticed he would never unfreeze Loki. You tried to get him to play the game right but he just laughed at you. "I'm not going to unfreeze him. He can't run fast away so best if he stays like that." He says making you mad. "You need to play nice or not at all." You huff crossing your arms. "I'm the prince you can't tell me what to do." He says as he pushes you down. Loki quickly comes to your aid as Thor laughs and walks away. "Are you ok (Y/N)?" "Yeah." You sniffle as he helps you up. "Want me to tell the teacher?" "No I can handle this." You say as you March back up to thor. He's laughing with his friends about the whole thing when you tap his shoulder. He turns and looks at you smugly. "Back for more?" "Yep." You say as you pull back your fist and punch him in the face. He falls back and tears start to well up in his eyes. He runs to tell the teacher. Loki just looks at you in awe that you did that to his brother. No one ever defends him or stands up to Thor like that. You get yanked by your ear to see the education advisor who just so happened to be your father. You took your punishment but Thor never messed with you after that.

Your class was all of age to attend your first royal ball. You and your friends were so excited. A big milestone into adulthood. You got a brand new dress and jewelry for the occasion. After the meal it was time to dance. It was tradition for the first timers to open with a traditional Asgardian dance which you've learned in school. You get into position and the music starts. It was a bit awkward when the time came to dance with the boys. Things lined up to were your partner was prince Loki. He danced so well. You could tell he was enjoying it by his smile. You all were applauded for a job well done. You went off to dance with your friends and Loki retuned to his throne. You watched as he slouched in his chair and subsequently scolded by his mother. Thor oppositely was the life of the party. Everyone seemed to be having fun besides Loki and you didn't like that. You watched as he got up and moved through the crowed to get a drink from a servant. "Our first ball can you believe it? We're adults now." You say as you stand next to him. "Oh um yeah I guess so." He says before taking a drink. "I noticed you haven't danced much. Would you like to dance with me?" You ask as you nudge him with your shoulder. He looks at you with a frightening side eye causing you to remember your manners. "Oh right goodness I forgot. Would you like to dance with me my Prince?" You ask again as you give a little curtsy. "I'd love to lady (Y/N)." He says with a smile and takes your hand in his. A new slower song starts and he holds you close to him with his free hand on your back. He guides you into the waltzing mix of people with ease. You can see your parents also dancing out of the corner of your eye. You can see them absolutely excited for you that you're dancing with one of the princes. You try to hide your blush of embarrassment and Loki notices. "What's wrong?" "Nothing just my parents being insufferable." "Oh yeah. I think that's their job. You look beautiful tonight though." "Really? Thank you my prince." "Well it doesn't take much for you. You're already pretty but you in his dress is very nice. It's my favorite color. Tell me did you do that on purpose?" "Yes but only because green is my favorite color too." You laugh as he spins you out and back into his arms. "I know I'm just teasing you."