Smile With Your Teeth

"Daddy can I talk to you about something?" Your son Emhyr asks Loki while he was in his study. "Of course my boy. Come and sit." He pulls a chair close to his desk and pats the seat. Emhyr takes the invitation and hops up next to his father. "Now what's on your mind?" "I think mommy is sad. She doesn't smile like she used to." He says as he nervously fiddles with his fingers, a trait he got from Loki. "How so?" "She doesn't smile with her teeth any more. It's just small ones. Like this." He demonstrates a small closed lipped smile that he's been noticing you using lately. "I just feel that something is wrong." He sighs not understanding this change. "I see. Thank you for bringing this very important issue to my attention. I'll talk with her tonight and I'll let you know if there is any thing we can do to help. Sound good?" "Oh yes I'd love to help if I can." The boy lights up at the possibility of helping you feel better. "Good. Now I'll see you at dinner." Loki says before giving Emhyr a kiss on the head. The boy runs off leaving Loki alone. "My darling queen, sad? Definitely have to get to the bottom of that quickly." He mumbles to himself before returning to his work.

Emhyr finds you in the garden playing with his younger brother Istredd. You were pretending to be a bear that was going to eat him. You were on your hands and knees, making sniffing and growling noises while Istredd hid behind a tree. "I'm going to find you man cub. And when I do I'll gobble you up." You say is a deep bear like voice. The younger boy giggled but quickly covered his mouth. "I can hear you man cub." You growl as you get closer and closer to the tree. Emhyr wanting to protect his brother from the big scary bear, jumps out from behind a different tree. "If you want to eat my brother you have to eat me first!" He yells getting your attention. "Ah two man cubs for dinner sounds great. I'm awfully hungry." You laugh, turning towards Emhyr. You slowly stock him till he cries out for his brother. "Istredd jump on her now!" Next you feel a small body jump on your back and try to wrestle you to the ground. Another bigger body joins in and causes you to lay on the ground in defeat. "Alright you got me." You laugh as the boys take your arms and pin them behind your back. "What are you boys doing to your mother?" Loki's voice causes the boys to let you go. "We stopped the big bear from eating us." Istredd says as he runs to his dad's open arms. Emhyr helps you off the ground and pats off your dress. "There you go mommy your butt is all clean." "Thank you dear. I see where loyalties lie here." You tease as you step closer to Loki. "Well you did just try to eat him so I don't really blame him." "Yeah mommy was going to eat me!" The youngest whines before burying his head in Loki's neck. "And who says I won't eat you too?" He holds him in a new position to playfully nom at the child's ribs causing him to squeal. "Save some for me." You say as you join. "Quit eating my brother!" Emhyr says as he pulls at the hems of your sleeves. You quickly scoop him up and attack his ribs the same way. "The man cub is delicious. My complements to the chef." "Indeed darling wife but I'm still hungry. Maybe we should head in for some dinner." "DINNER!"" The boys yell as they squirm to get out of your arms. Once on their own two feet they make a beeline for the palace. Loki offers his arm as you walk behind your sons. "Can I ask you something?" "Sure but that doesn't mean I'll answer." You sass earning a chuckle from your husband. "Are you feeling alright? Like emotions wise. It was brought to my attention by our eldest that you don't smile with you teeth anymore. From his demonstration I believe that means you don't smile wide that your teeth show. Is there anything I can do my love?" He stops walking to take your cheek in his hand. You lean into him and close your eyes. "For someone so small he's very observant. Best way to sum it up is homesickness. Haven't been to Midgard since before our wedding. Oh goodness look at me I even called it Midgard. I know I don't have family there anymore but I miss the holidays and other things. But don't worry about it. It will pass eventually." Loki pulls you into a hug and leaves kisses on the crown of your head. "I'm sorry you feel this way. Sorry I stole you from your home." "You didn't steal me you silly man. Enough talking and let's get some dinner." You giggle as you playfully push his shoulder.