King of Asgard

"My queen, it's the king something is wrong." A palace guard says as he runs into your room. You put down your sewing and closely follow him to the healers. You walk towards a bed with healers and advisors crowded around it. "What happened?" You ask making your presence known. They all look at you and move out of your way to see Loki. "We were having a meeting and he just collapsed to the floor. We brought him here right way my queen." An advisor says as you look at your husbands unconscious body. "What have you found so far?" You ask a healer turning to the young girl. "An infection my queen." "Something that simple? Why did he pass out then?" "It's not that simple my queen. It's very aggressive. He's going to be unconscious for a while till we can heal him. I'm sorry my queen." She says quickly bowing. "How long?" You ask as your breath hitches. You look at him again and your eyes become misty. "I'm not sure. It all depends how his body reacts to treatment." "And if it doesn't react?" You look at her and her expression gives you your answer. "Oh gods." You breathe as tears slip from your eyes. "I'm sorry my queen." The advisors dismiss the healer to give you a moment. One hands you his handkerchief but you cling to his chest. "How did this happen?" You whimper as he holds you tight. "I don't know my queen but I'm sure he will be ok." You nod and sit down in a chair near Loki's bed. "We will give you some time with him." The advisors leave and you turn to face him. He looks peaceful something you don't see often but you know underneath it all he's fighting for his life. "You better not leave me you bastard. You hear me? You're going to be fine." You mumble as you bury your face in his neck. You hold his hand tight and sit with him for the rest of the night. Healers come in and out giving him more medicine every few hours. You fall asleep with your head on his thigh. Your startled awake by your ladies maid gently shanking you. "My queen you should come to bed." "I can't leave him." You groan as you sit up and rub your cheek. "I'm sure the healers will get you if anything changes. Come now you need proper sleep." Your ladies maid hums as she helps you up. She drapes your cloak over your shoulders so you don't catch a cold in the night air. "I'll be back in the morning my love. You be good for the healers." You giggle trying to keep your worry at bay. "I love you Loki. Please gods allow him to get better." You kiss his forehead and lips before taking your leave.

It's hard to sleep in an empty bed. You look over at the clock and you decide to get dressed and go to Loki. You're making your way to the healing room well before sunrise. "Any changes?" You ask the healers that were getting his vitals for the morning. "Nothing yet my queen." You nod and take your place next to him. "Can you feel me dearest? Do you know I'm here?" You gently rub his chest the way you do to sooth and comfort him after a long day. You can feel his steady breaths and heartbeat under your fingers. "Can you hear me?" You breathe as you pull up a chair and sit. "I love you Loki. All of you. Your mischievous ways and parts you hate about yourself. Please keep fighting so I can keep loving you." You run your fingers through his black waves when an advisor comes into the room. "Ah my queen I'm glad you're here." His question really struck a nerve. "Where else would I be?" You growl looking at him with narrowed eyes. "I didn't mean anything by it your grace it's just we need to talk to you." "About?" "With the king ill someone needs to take his place for the time being." "Ok? Thor is on Midgard just send for him." "Your highness will you please come with me so the other advisors can discuss this matter?" "If I must." You grumble as you stand up. "I'll be back soon my love." You kiss his hand and gently return it to his side.

"Whatever you need to say make it quick so I can return to my husband." "Queen (Y/N), Asgard needs a king to carry out daily tasks while King Loki recovers." "Yeah and? Someone can send for Thor. He's only on Midgard." The advisors look at each other blankly then back to you. "He renounced his title. He can not fill in even if it's temporary. It's against the rules." "Fuck the rules! My husband could die and you are worried about some formality?" The senior advisor steps closer to you and takes your hand in his. "My queen I understand this is a lot to handle right now. Unfortunately things can not be changed. We need you to take over. You are the only royal with rank you must do this for the good of Asgard and her people." He says as he softly pets your hand then kisses it. "I can't leave him." You breathe as tears threaten to spill. "He will be fine your grace. You will be the first to know if anything changes I assure you." You take a deep breath and let it out as you nod. "Fine. Will there be a ceremony?" "Yes but just us. There are matters to attend to." He gestures for you to kneel and you comply. With a few words and tapping of shoulders you're now (Y/N) King of Asgard.

You sit on the throne and listen to endless meetings. Your mind is only focused on Loki and praying that he will be ok. "My king?" An advisor says pulling you back to reality. "Oh please forgive me. What was the question?" Your face reddens and for some reason tears prick at your eyes. "The neighboring kingdom of Alexandria has requested aid. Should we send it?" "Is there a reason why we shouldn't?" "They are a fairly new kingdom and have not shown that they are loyal to Asgard." "Well then that sounds like a welcome celebration needs to be arranged. Have the King see me, have him ask for aid personally so we can feel him out." You say as you twirl Gungnir between your fingers. "What an excellent idea my king. We will send out the invitation right away. Thank you your highness that's all for today." The advisors stand and bow before taking their leave. Your ladies maid comes in to find you holding your head in your hands and softly crying. "My king what's wrong?" "Everything. Absolutely everything." You sob as you look up at her. "I just want to be by his side. I'm not a leader I don't want to be king. Now there is this party, ugh everything is wrong." "I'm sorry your grace. I can't imagine what you're going through but I know you'll lead us out of this dark time. You are an excellent leader and so strong. Asgard will come out better with you as king I can feel it." She whispers as her hand gently pets your head. "You really think so?" "Absolutely. Now let's get you to bed." "I want to see him first." "Of course." You walk with her to the healers. She politely waits outside of the room to give you some privacy. "Hello my love." You run your fingers through his hair then down his sculpted face. "Have you been good?" You look at his chart on his bedside table, left out for you to check his progress. "Says here you're responding well to treatment. That's great darling keep it up." You pull a chair beside his bed and intertwine your fingers with his. "I don't know how you do this day in and day out. Being king is hard. Please get better before this welcome party." You sigh as you press his hand to your lips.