Bliss

Thank you @lokislove04 for the request.

Loki's POV

I wake up alone in bed. Which is very odd because I'm the one that wakes up first. As I start to become aware of the world I remember she told me of something she needed to do with the school children early today. That is must be where she is. No use in lazing about in bed with her gone.

It's been such a long tedious day and it's not even noon yet. So many meetings. I can't wait to sit down with her at lunch and hear about her day so far. I noticed only one place setting when I walked into the dinning hall. "Excuse me but wont the queen be needing a place setting?" "I'm sorry my king but she told me that she won't be having lunch here. She said she would be with the school children." My heart sank. I nodded and the servant went on about their business. I don't have much of an appetite anymore but I know I need to eat something. She would tell me to think positive thoughts and I tried. I guess I can see her at dinner and she can tell me about her whole day. That will be nice. I love to just hear her talk and watch her get excited about things. She really opened my eyes to be beauty of life and I'll never forget that. She's the ray of sunshine to my dark cloud.

"Is there any news about the queen? She should have been back by now." I ask an advisor between meetings. It's past school time and she didn't say she had anything else to do. "I believe she was called away for something in the village your highness." She's probably paying visits or looking over the goods the people have to sell in the market. She tends to get side tracked with things like that. Surely she'll be home for dinner.

I'm exhausted. The only thing keeping me going is the anticipation of seeing her face at dinner. My eyes go straight to her empty chair and blank place setting. Tears well up in my eyes. I just want to see my wife, is that too much to ask? "Where is the queen? Is she not home yet?" "She asked for her dinner to be sent to her study. She said she has lots of letters to write. I'm sorry my king." A servant says noticing my frustration. My shoulders slum against the back of my chair. I miss her so much but at least she's home. I was starting to worry. I eat my dinner quickly so I can take hers to her study.

"Come in." She says after I knock on the door. "Just set it there please. I'll leave it outside the door when I'm done. Thank you have a good night." She says not even looking at the supposed servant that brought her the tray. I place it where she requested and stand behind her. I want to see how long it will take for her to notice. I can see her ear perk up at the lack of acknowledgment, receding footsteps and door opening and shutting. She looks over her shoulder and I playfully move out of view. I do the same when she looks over the other shoulder. Satisfied with my little trick I place my hands on her shoulders causing her to jump slightly. "I knew it was you." She says as she tilts her head back to look at me. "Sure you did my love. Now I want you to take a break and eat. Don't want it to go cold." I lean down and place a kiss on her lips. She reluctantly puts down her pen and moves to the small table she said to place the tray on. I pull out her chair and help her sit. I remove the lids for her before taking a seat across from her. "King turned servant I see." She playfully teases before cutting into her food. "Only for my queen. Now tell me everything about your day because I missed you terribly." She goes on to explain that the school children put on a play and invited her to come see it. She then stayed for the picnic lunch they prepared. "They all brought food that was special to them. They told me all about it and why they brought it, like it's their favorite or their family always has it during holidays and the like. I got to try a little bit of everything. The teacher said later in the year they are going to make a class cookbook with the recipes. I told her I would like a copy and maybe they could all sign it for me." She says with a bright smile causing my heart to melt. She continues to tell me after the school visit she visited some people she got letters from and made a trip out to the market. Now she's writing thank you letters to the school and villagers she met for their hospitality. "That sounds wonderful darling. I wish I had your day. Mine was full of boring meetings. How about you and I relax in bed and you finish your letters in the morning. I could really use come cuddles with my little one." I say with a small pout to get her to say yes. She only giggles and gets up from her seat. She takes my hand and leads me out of her study and to our bedroom.

With us in comfortable clothes, her in one of my tunics and panties and me in just my boxers we sink into the plush mattress. I place my arm between her legs and pull her closer. I hug her like a teddy bear as she hooks one leg over my hip. I rest my head comfortably against her chest as her hands play with my hair. I breathe in her scent and it calms me, let's me know everything will be alright because she is here. I place small kisses on her skin causing her to laugh. I love with it vibrates against my cheek. "Mmmm yes this is nice. This is what I needed." I sigh as my thumb lazily rubs over her nipple. The moans she makes when I do this make me smile. "Do you need something my love?" She asks pressing her hips into mine. "No just this tonight." As I continue to run my thumb over her nipple and kiss her chest and neck. I can feel her nod as she holds me tighter. I am in an absolute state of bliss. I can feel my eyes getting heavy. I snap my fingers and use magic to pull the blanket over us. I can hear her heart starting to slow into a relaxed beat. I can feel her muscles relaxing and weighing me down. Who needs a weighted blanket when you have a this. She falls asleep so easy as for me it takes a bit longer. I just continue to hold her and breathe her in. Everything washes away nothing else matters when we cuddle like this. I hope it has the same affect on her. I hope she too is also at bliss. As the last few thoughts of her cross my mind I fall sleep and know it will be the most restful 8 plus hours I've had in a while.