The Lake

Even with your marriage to Loki, you held the lowest position in the royal family. When Thor's children come of age they will out rank you but until then you were the designated babysitter when the family called meetings. You didn't mind it. You loved your niece and nephew and you could care less about the royal topics they would discuss. Loki hated how you were left out of things and would regularly bring it up to the family. He pointed out that you are being treated as an outsider even though Thor's wife Jane share the same realm. "How come my wife is treated like a glorified nanny? She's a princess just like Lady Jane here. They are both Midgardian so don't give me that bullshit that (Y/N) isn't allowed in because of her origin." Loki growled as he slams his fist down on the table. Most of the table was silent till Frigga placed her hand on top of his. "You do have a point but we will talk about it later so (Y/N) can be present. Ok?" "Ok." He sighs as he deflates into his chair.

You and the children were out in the garden. You were teaching them how to make daisy chains when Thor, Jane and Loki took a seat in the grass. The children moved into their parents laps and Loki cuddled up to you. "Look what Auntie (Y/N) showed us how to make." Your nephew says as he places the flower chain in his father's hair. "Oh that's great. How about you both give auntie (Y/N) a kiss to thank her for playing with you guys." The children look at each other, nod then quickly move towards you. "Thank you auntie (Y/N). We love you." They say in unison before kissing your cheeks. "Love you too kidos." You laugh as they plop back down into Thor and Jane's lap. "Auntie (Y/N) why don't you have kids like us?" Your nephew says causing everyone to let out a small gasp. "I'm so sorry (Y/N). We are still learning to mind our business." Jane says sharply to the young boy. "It's ok. It's just a question. He has a curious mind." You say trying to laugh off the subject as Loki rubs soothing circles into your back. They head back to the palace leaving you and Loki in the garden alone. You bury your face into his neck so no one can see your tears. Your hands fist the grass and pull it up from the ground. "Shhh my love. It will be alright. We will have our own someday." He coos in your ear, holding you close, rocking you gently. "It's never going to happen. I'm broken." You whimper as you pull away from him. "You're not broken darling. Sometimes these things take a longer time then others. I know this isn't the most ideal time but mother and father want to see us." He says pulling out a handkerchief and handing it to you.

You take a deep breath before walking into the throne room with Loki. You tried to put on the bravest face you could muster. You loved your in-laws but being summoned like this always made your legs turn to jelly. You both give a little bow after stopping in front of Odin and Frigga. When your eyes met Frigga's she crinkled her brow. She could tell you're upset and didn't want this meeting to drag on. "Just a quick question sweetheart. Would you like to be involved more with royal matters? Like instead of watching over the children, you come to our meetings and give your opinions?" She asks, getting straight to the point. "No. I'm fine with watching the children. I honestly would be out of my depth trying to understand the complexities of royal duties and issues. I'd hate to be in a room where I have no idea what's going on." You nervously giggle and Loki quickly turns to you. "Are you sure my love? I hate how you're always left out of things." "I don't mind it one bit. I have other things to worry about." You painfully sigh and Loki pulls you closer to him. He leaves a gentle kiss on your temple. "Well now that's resolved I'll see you all at dinner." Odin says as he rises from his throne and takes his leave. You and Loki turn to leave but Frigga catches your arm. "I'd like to speak with you privately my dear." She coos sweetly to let you know you're not in trouble. "See you later then." He says with a kiss to your hand. Frigga offers her arm and you wrap yours around it.

You both leisurely walk around the palace enjoying each other's company. "I noticed you were upset went you came into the throne room. What has displeased you child? Has my son been misbehaving?" "No Loki has been wonderful to me. Haven't had an argument in months. It was just something that was said. The poor boy didn't know he's only 6 but it struck a nerve." You sigh as you quickly wipe a tear from your eye. "He is a curious one isn't he." She says knowing who you're talking about. "I just feel so useless. I can't do the one thing women all over the 9 realms do. I'm broken." Frigga stops and pulls you into a hug. "You are not broken. You are not useless. I can feel your need. It will come to you sweet girl. Just takes some time." She walks you to yours and Loki's room. "Let him know I'd like to see him for a moment." She says as she waits outside the door. He was sitting up in bed reading when you walked in. "Mother wants to see you. She's just outside. You're in trouble." You tease causing him to look worried. "I'm in trouble? What did you tell her?" He asks as he walks quickly to the door. "Whatever it is I didn't do it." He says as he opens the bedroom door. "Oh come now Loki just because I want to talk to you doesn't mean you're in trouble." She laughs as she rolls her eyes. "But (Y/N) said I was. Oh that fiend." He crosses his arms and leans against the walk not knowing how long this will take. "Just want to say take extra care of her. As you know she's in a fragile state right now." "Yes I know. Anything specific I can do to help her?" "Encouragement and praise would be good. Also sometime this week take her down to the lake. Make a day of it. I think the healing properties would work on a Midgardian too. Just in case there is something inhibiting her to carry a child." "Sounds like a plan. Thank you mother." He kisses her cheek before returning to the room. "You're a lier." "I know." You sass as you roll onto your stomach and stretch out on the bed.