Just Listen to Me

For LucyLaufeyson3

(Y/N) Stark, Tony's little sister but more importantly an Avenger. He begged you to wear the suit he made during missions but you felt it was too constricting. You are skilled with a blade and prefer hand to hand combat to help save the world. Being a Stark and an Avenger has its perks. Parties, social gatherings, charity work and not to mention potential partners trying to whoo you any chance they could get. That's how you met Henry, your boyfriend of 3 years. You met at a charity auction benefiting the new hospital. You bought a beautiful panting and got the number of a handsome tall fello as well. Unfortunately your best friend didn't like Henry. Loki the god of mischief, destroyer of New York, turned good and now is apart of the team. You both became friends soon after you kicked the snot out of him to end the fight. You remember it well he was laying on the floor blood dripping from his nose then all of a sudden he starts to laugh. "Wow for such a small Midgardian you can throw a punch. I like you." He chuckles which earned him a boot to the chest. "Shut up you alien shit lord." You growled and the rest is history. He served some time in shield prison, made a deal to get out and soon after became a part of the team. You and Loki were friends for a while when Henry came along.

You decided to introduce them over dinner one night and it did not go well. More like a complete disaster, they both started shouting and Loki pulled out his daggers, all in the middle of this high end restaurant. You pulled both of them out by the ear just like you would misbehaving children. "What the fuck is wrong with you two?" You growled while driving Henry home. The boys stay silent knowing not to anger you further. After dropping off Henry you head back to the compound. "I would like to say something without fear of being attacked." Loki says quietly as he fidgets with his fingers. "You may speak." "As you know I can tell when people are lying and can read minds. With that being said do not see that boy anymore. He's no good. Especially for someone like you, a Stark and an Avenger. I know you like him but please (Y/N) I don't want to see you hurt." You take a moment to actually listen to what he said. "What did you see in him?" "Nothing in particular but there is darkness there." You pull into the garage to park. As you turn off the car Loki takes your hand and tries to get you to look at him. "I can't just dump him without reason Loki." "Yes you fucking can (Y/N). You don't have to stay with anyone you don't want to." "That's the thing. I want to stay. I really like him maybe that darkness you saw will go away. Maybe I can change it."

That was 3 years ago. You were in your room getting ready for an anniversary dinner with Henry. Loki was on your bed looking at something on his phone when you came out of the bathroom. "So how do I look?" You hum as you give a little spin. A tasteful deep V cocktail dress in your favorite color. Your hair done up just the way you like and make up painted for the gods. "Stunning as always my dear. This outfit tells me it's something important you're going out with hairy huh?" Loki teases. He would always call Henry, Hairy just to annoy you both and amuse himself. He also knew exactly why you were dressed up his memory for dates such as anniversaries or birthdays was impeccable. "3 year anniversary with Henry." "My my it's been 3 long grueling years already? That would make us being friends for over 5 years." Indeed 5 long grueling years." You sneer back at him. "I see my sass has rubbed off." He chuckles as he fixes a section of your hair. "More like the other way around Lokster." You smile at his annoyed sigh at the name Lokster. "You really do love this guy?" "Umm yeah. Why?" "Just asking. Look I know you know I don't like him but if you're happy I can be too." He sighs as he rubs his thumb over your knuckles. "Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. I love you Loki, you're my best friend. You can never be replaced." You give his cheek a kiss and he smiles. "And I you. Now enough sentiment you're going to be late." He walks you down to the garage and waves you off. You couldn't quite make it out but when you looked back at him it looked like he was crying.