Some Time Apart

You and Loki felt like you were in a rut. The same thing day in day out. Even the sex became predictable but still worth wile. You roll over in bed watching the love of your life sleeping peacefully. "How did we get so boring?" You mutter to yourself as you trace gentle pattens into Loki's cool skin not trying to wake him up. He shifts and pulls you closer knowing you're awake. "Quite that mind of yours little one. It's way to early." He chuckles in a deep morning voice. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." You whisper giving him a kiss on the neck. Loki turns to meet your gaze and runs his fingers through your hair. "Tell me what's on your mind so early in the day?" He coos rubbing his nose against yours. "I just feel like we've gone vanilla. Trapped in a rut." "I've been feeling the same way too my love. Do you have any suggestions?" He caresses your cheek waiting for your answer. "I don't really know maybe go on a vacation from each other then come back and see what happens." Loki ponders this for awhile. "I don't really like the idea of being away from you but if it's what must be done... where do you think you want to go?" He asks pulling you closer to him. "Asgard more likely, visit mom and dad, friends.  Miss you dearly so when we get back we can break this boring routine." You smirk as the mischief gleams in Loki's eyes. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder and the sex hotter." He teases rolling you on top of him and squeezing your big round ass cheeks. He playfully smacks them as he passionately kisses you causing you to moan. You separate from the kiss and you ask "were will you go baby?" "Probably stay here get some work done. So what is the plan for this endeavor?" "Well I'll probably leave tonight and be away for hmm a week?" "Oh dear that's a long time little one I'll really miss you." He sighs placing a hand on your back gently rubbing up and down. "We probably shouldn't talk to each other either. Just to get the full effect." "I'm going to lose my mind. A whole week without seeing or hearing you. This better work." He whines sitting up in the bed with you in his lap. "It should be fine my love. We can do this." You smile up at him then place little kisses on his collarbone.

With everything settled you bid your husband goodbye. "I'll see you in a week Loki. Try not to burn the place to the ground." You giggle as he pulls you into his arms. "I'm going to really miss you my love I hope your plan works." "Me too because I'll only be thinking about you." You kiss deeply before parting ways. "I'm ready Heimdall" you say before looking deeply into Loki's eyes for the last time this week. You are quickly whisked away to Asgard. Your parents wait for your arrival. "Ah here she comes" your mother says as the Bi Frost beam illuminates the Asgardian gates. "Thank you Heimdall." You say before rushing over to your parents. "Not a problem my princess." He says as he closes the portal. "Hi mom and dad!" You muse as you tightly hug them. "Hello my dear. We've missed you." They coo as you start to walk to the palace.

You have dinner with your parents and friends the night of your arrival, catching up on palace gossip and the like. "So where's that husband of yours?" You dad asks as end of meal drinks flow. "Oh he's back home. We are trying this absence makes the heart grow fonder thing." "But why? You guys are already madly in love with each other?" Your friends chime in. "Did something happen?" You mom asks taking your hand in hers giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Oh no nothing bad happened. We just feel like we've been in a rut and maybe a break will change the cycle of things." They all nod understanding what you're saying and the drinks continue. You visit with Loki's parents the next day and they also wanted to know if something was wrong for you to be here by yourself. You assured them all is well and asked if you can stay in Loki's room during your stay. "Of course (Y/N) you really don't have to ask it was your room too." Frigga giggles as she leads you to the room. "Here we are just as you two left it." You walk in to the ornate room breathing in Loki's lingering scent. You couldn't help but miss him dearly and you've only been gone for a day. "You need anything my sweet?" Frigga asks pulling you back to reality. "No I'm ok mother thank you. I'm going to turn in for the night." You say kissing her on the cheek. "Sleep well my dear." She hums before leaving you. You let out a long sigh as you make your way to the large bed with green silk sheets. Your fingers dance over the supple fabric as memories flood back. Long nights and cuddly mornings in this bed with your prince. Your heart aches for him. "It's is for our own good." You whisper to yourself as you change and slip into the cool sheets. "It's going to be a long week." Was the last thing you thought before you drifted off due to the intoxicating scent that was trapped in the sheets.