Chapter 1

Dr. Cullen is at his office. An easy day at work almost done. Before he packs up his bags to head home to his family is office phone rings.

"Hello. This is Dr. Cullen speaking. How may I help you?"

"Dr. Cullen. This is Stephanie from Seattle's hospital. I wanted to ask you if you'd be interested in an infant? The parents are putting her up for adoption and we wanted to ask you first because she's a premature baby and she's having trouble breathing and eating. We're not sure who else would be able to take care of her. We know you've adopted children in the past and we wanted to ask you if you'd like to take the baby."

Carlisle is shocked. He would love a baby at the house, but he's going to need to talk to his family first. "Thank you Stephanie, but I'm going to need to discuss this matter with my family. I'll call you back tomorrow morning."

"Oh, yes sir. Thank you! Goodbye!" With this he hangs up the phone and leaves to discuss the matter with his family. On the ride home he receives a phone call from Alice. "Yes, Alice?"

"Carlisle! Oh please tell me we can keep the baby! Oh I just had the most wonderful vision and I..."

Carlisle interrupts her, "Alice. I have to discuss this with the others. We'll speak more of this in a few minutes." Carlisle speeds home, contemplating the best outcome for the situation with the little child.

At home the family all waits in the living room waiting for Carlisle's speech. "Hello. I need to discuss a matter with everyone and I need everyone's opinions. I just received a call from Seattle's hospital and they have a premature baby who isn't doing well. It's having trouble breathing and eating, but the problem is that the family is putting it up for adoption. They called me first to see if I would like to adopt the child since I have experience with babies and I'm known for adopting children. I will give my answer to the hospital tomorrow, so I need everyone's opinions."

"Yes! Oh I've already seen how adorable she is! Everyone will love her!" Alice exclaims.

Esme, Alice, Rosalie, and Emmett all want to take in the child. "I don't think this is a good idea Carlisle. A newborn baby living in a house with vampires? We can't tell her about us. It's dangerous." Edward exclaims.

Jasper nods, "I might not be able to control my thirst. It's not safe for her here."

Carlisle sighs, "I need the vote to be unanimous."

Rosalie protests, "Carlisle! You know I've always wanted a child and now we have the opportunity to take care of her! You can't say no to this! This child is a blessing!"

"I've seen her here with us. Jazz you are fine you won't hurt the child and Edward, you'll like her more than you think."

With this she shows her vision to Edward. Edward sighs in defeat after seeing Alice's vision of the whole family happy with the little girl. Especially him. "Yes. Let's take in the child." He says and Carlisle smiles. "So, we are adopting a child?" He asks his family. Everyone nods with a smile on their face.

Ok, so I know this first chapter is awful, but it's going to get better (hopefully).