Chapter 8

Edward's Pov

I hear Esme and Carlisle pull up, but I don't want to wake Gracelyn up. She is so peaceful and she's having a dream about playing with puppies. I smile and look down at her, she is so beautiful. "Edward. We're here. Should we wake her up?" I smile and whisper I will. I wait a few minutes so she can sleep a little bit longer then decide to wake her up.

"Gracelyn. Wake up. Mommy and Daddy are home. You need to tell them your surprise." I feel her move around and hold on to my arm.

She smiles and I listen in on what she's thinking, "Eddie stayed. I need to wake up so we can watch movie night." I smile and gently brush hair away from her face.

"Wake up, Grace. Mommy and Daddy want to see you." I hear her yawn and I look down to see her bright blue eyes looking up at me.

"Morning, Eddie." She says in her sweet, childish voice.

"Good morning, princess. Did you sleep well?" She grins and nods I sit her up and she rubs her eyes.

"I played with puppies!"

I smile, "You did? Do you like puppies?"

She jumps up and down, "Yes!" I laugh at her at pick her up. "I think Mommy and Daddy have missed you. You need to go downstairs and tell them the secret." I say in a whisper. She giggles and nods.

We go downstairs and I put her on the ground so she can run up to Esme and Carlisle. "Mommy! Daddy!" She says and runs to them. Carlisle picks her up and kisses both her cheeks. "Hello, baby girl. Did you have fun today?"

She nods and goes to Esme. Esme picks her up and hugs her. "I played hide and seek, I had a picnic, I played doctor with Eddie and I saw Jazzy's cowboy hats!"

Carlisle looks towards me and I whisper quietly, "She fell outside and got a scratch on her hands and knee. She's fine. We played doctor so I could clean it up. We got Jasper out in time." He nods and smiles at Grace.

"Is Edward a better doctor than me?" It looks like she's thinking.

"Hmm.... Eddie gives me lollipop." She mumbles. I laugh and shake my head. This child is amazing.

"Well. Let's get you some dinner then we can play before you have to go to bed." Grace looks at me and I smile.

"Emmy! Rosie! Jazzy! Allie! Come here!" She says and the family come in. Grace gets out of Esme's arms and comes to me. I pick her up. "Should we tell them?" She whispers to me. I smile and whisper back, "Whatever you thinks best, princess."

She smiles and looks at my siblings. She waves them over and holds Emmett's hand, still in my arms. "What's going on here? Do you kids have a secret?" Esme asks with a smile. Grace looks at me and I nod in encouragement.

"Mommy. Daddy. We want to have a movie night tonight." She says and looks at them hopeful. "It's going to be after your bedtime. You know you shouldn't stay up late."

She puts on the puppy dog eyes and the pouty lip. "Please, please, please." She says.

We all smile at her and join in. "Please, please, please!" They smile at us and Carlisle nods.

"Ok, but you have to eat every bit of your dinner tonight. We're having broccoli."

She gasps, "Not broccoli! Can't it be cookies!"

Carlisle smiles and throws her into the air, "Nope! You need to eat something besides cookies all the time. Is that all you ate today?" Me and my siblings keep our facial expressions blank. We all hated having to throw up those cookies.

"No! I shared with them!" She protests.

Carlisle smiles, "Did they like them?" He looks at us with a humorous expression.

"Mmhm. Eddie liked it the most. He ate two!" I wince thinking about having to eat human food.

Carlisle laughs at me and thinks to me, "I bet that was fun. I'm glad you did it, though. She's happy." I sigh and quickly nod.

"I'm glad Eddie likes the cookies, but you can't eat them all day long."

She crosses her arms and says sassily, "I don't eat cookies all day. I ate a sandwich, lollipop, juice, chips, and cookies."

Esme smiles and kisses her head, "Now you'll eat broccoli."

She whispers to Esme, "What about pizza?"

Esme laughs, "No. Not today. How about this. I'll fix pasta with chicken and broccoli."

She smiles and nods, "Can I go play?" Esme nods and sets her down as she goes to prepare her meal. She runs into the living room and gasps. "Look! Look!" She says and runs back to us.

She squeals and jumps around. "Look at movie night!!!" She dances around and my siblings and I share a smile, knowing she would love the fort we made her.

"Come here! Come here!" She says and calls us over we all laugh and follow her

"Let's do movie night!" She says and giggles as she falls on the pillows and blankets. We laugh and plop down beside her. Emmett in her right and me on her left. The others crowd around her head or feet. She giggles and goes to eat the popcorn, but I stop her.

"You've got to eat dinner first. Then you can have popcorn."

She nods and smiles. "What movie are we watching?" Alice gets all the Disney movies and hands it to her. "What one do you want to watch?" She pulls out Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and Aladin.

"I want one of these. You choice." She says and pushes them towards us.

Emmett picks up Cinderella and says, "I think this one. Cinderella is very good looking." He says and winks.

Grace gets up and hits his chest, "Rosie is prettier than Cinderella." She says and crosses her arms

"Yeah, well I think Jasmine is pretty." Jasper says and winks to Alice.

"Allie is prettier than her too! I think Ariel is pretty."

I pick her up and sit her down on my stomach. "Well, I think you are prettier than all three of them combined." She blushes a little bit and smiles.

"No I'm not! They are princesses. I'm just a little girl."

I smile and kiss her nose, "Your my princess." She smiles and hugs me.

"Since I'm a princess does that mean I have to eat my broccoli?" We all laugh at her.

"Yes. Even princesses have to eat broccoli."