Chapter 57

Puppy breath fans across my face and I sigh, feeling a heavy weight on my chest. I groan as my back screams at the pressure being put on it. "Willow off," I say groggily and she barks her high pitched bark.

"Willow, get off. We'll snuggle later." Willow barks again before laying back down on my chest.

I sigh and slowly push her off my stomach as I grit my teeth. She whines at me, but I ignore her as I slowly sit up and hiss through my teeth when I feel my shirt stick to my back.

"Hey Em," I say as loudly as I can. "I need some help."

Emily runs up the stairs and hurries into my room. Willow turns around and growls at the intruder until she realizes it's Emily and she lays back down beside me. "Grace. We told you about getting up by yourself," she scolds me as she helps me up and peels off my blood soaked shirt.

"Willow wouldn't get off me again."

Emily chuckles as she slowly unwraps my old bandage. "It's been three days. I assumed she would relax a bit."

I smile a bit before it turns into a grimace and Emily apologizes for not being careful. "She's very protective that's for sure. I think she might be just as bad as Seth."

Emily laughs with a nod before gently rewrapping my stomach and throwing me a large tee shirt and some leggings, helping me put the shirt on before closing the door and allowing me to finish getting ready by myself while she waits at the steps to help me down.

Willow plays with her toy bunny while I slowly braid my hair and kick my shoes towards the door. "Hey, Willow. Grab the shoes." She looks up at me with the worst expression, and I laugh. "Alright, I'll get it myself then Diva."

"No you won't," Emily says as she comes back inside and grabs my shoes for me and helps me slip them on.

"Thanks Em. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Emily grins, "Probably starve and bleed to death." I laugh, "And have no one to watch Hallmark with." Emily grins at me before grabbing my upper arm tightly and slowly helping me walk with my back straight as a board.

When we make it downstairs, the boys are chatting at the table loudly. "Hey, Grace!"

"Hey guys," I smile at them as Emily let's go of me and walks over to Sam. I grip the edge of the table, and slowly lower myself into my seat, everyone tense and waiting for me to sit down before relaxing.

When I finally make it into my seat, Seth stops hovering over me and everyone starts talking and eating again. I grab me a plate with bacon and eggs, Willow sitting at my feet wait for me to drop something.

After an hour or so of eating and talking, the boys all grin at me and I raise my eyebrows. "Oh, no. What do you want to do now?"

"Let's go to the beach!" I grin back at them with a nod and they all get up and start to rush out the door.

"Be back at twelve to start patrols!" Sam yells at them. "And wait for Seth and Grace!"

They all groan and walk back into the house and I laugh at them. "Wait just a second. I just need to get a sweatshirt."

I slowly stand up from the table and start to walk to the stairs when Seth says, "Start walking with the guys. I'll run and get one of mine from your room and meet you on the porch."

I nod and start walking with the guys, but notice a little problem. "Grab the leash Seth!"

When he jogs back down, he helps me throw on the sweatshirt and hands me the leash with Willow attached. "Come on slow pokes!" The pack yells at us and I roll my eyes.