Chapter 24

Edward's Pov

I pace back and forth at the treaty line, waiting for Seth and Jacob to cross. I look down at my watch and see 25 minutes have passed. I walk as close as I can to the line, peering over, and then I hear the Rabbit coming down the road. I sigh deeply in relief, thinking back to what happened earlier. 

"The school bell rings and I jump up from the desk and race outside. I turn on the car and sit impatiently for the rest of my siblings to come. Once they start walking over I notice something wrong. "What's wrong? What happened? Is Grace ok?"
Alice comes forward and shows me her vision 'Seth, Jake, Grace, Embry, Quil, and Emily all around the table smiling and eating cookies.' I smile and look at her confused.
"Edward. Grace is having a good time......" I nod, "I can see that. Why do you all act like I am a bomb fixing to explode." Emmett jumps up, "Can I tell him?"
I hurriedly look through their thoughts, and my hands clench on the wheel. She's not home. Carlisle and Esme can't get a hold of her, none of my siblings messages have been answered, no response. "She's ok Edward! You just saw that! Don't do anything rash, like break the treaty."
I nod stiffly and pull out of the parking lot, driving to the treaty line, where I repetitively call Seth."

The Rabbit parks right beside my Volvo, but no one gets out. I walk over, slowly to Seth's side of the car. "Hey man, look, we were outside.  I didn't have my phone. It was turned off from school, so Emily couldn't have heard, we were just having too much fun. Please let her come back. She wants to go to the beach next. Claire will be there next week sometime, can she go? They will love to play with each other, and both of them can use friends their age. Please Edward. I didn't mean to. Honest."

I sigh, and hide a smile at all of Seth's pleading. Especially his thoughts. "Yes she can come back, no I'm not sure about next week, and no I'm not mad at you." Seth grins and gives me a fist bump. I shake my head with a chuckle. I look towards the backseat and see Grace smiling brightly at me.

I sigh, yet again in relief, and go to get her, but Jacob says, "Hey, Edward. Just let us driver her home. Please? Today's our day man." I sigh and reluctantly nod. They grin and I open the door to Grace's car.

"Hello princess. Jake and Seth are taking you home. I'm going to be right behind them, ok?" Grace nods and says, "I had so much fun!"

I laugh, "I am very glad you had so much fun. You can tell me all about it when we arrive home, alright?" She nods and blows me a kiss and I do it back, just to see that sweet smile spread on her face. I hop out and shut the door, and return to my car.

Once they make it to the house I am no later than 3 seconds behind them. Seth helps Grace out, and she runs to my door. "Eddie! Eddie! Come out!" I laugh and open my door. She jumps into my arms and I hold her tight.

I look at Seth and Jacob, "Would you like to come in?" They shake their heads, thinking through their thoughts that Sam needs them. I nod and turn to Grace. "Hey, Grace. Tell Jake and Seth bye. They have to go home."

Grace nods and jumps down, giving both of the boys hugs and kisses on the cheek. "Love you Sethy and Jakie." I smile at her.

"We love you too Gracie Lou." She giggles and runs back to my side. Before we walk into the house I turn and say, "Thank you. For taking care of her." They both nod and I give them a kind smile.

Until a shrill voice says, "Stop that car! My cookies!" I laugh and let Grace down as she runs to get her cookies. Once she gets her cookies and we go inside she runs to the first person she saw. "Jazzy!!!! Guess what, guess what!!" He chuckles and picks her up. "What darlin'?"

She giggles, "I have a surprise! For you and everyone else!"

He smiles, "Can I see it?" Grace shakes her head. "Not until Daddy comes home." He nods and Grace climbs off his lap and runs to find someone else.

"Emmy!!! Guess what!! There is another Emmy! Emmy at Sethy's house!"

Emmett gasps in hurt, "But I am the only Emmy. That's my special name."

Grace sighs, "But her name is Emmy too. You are still a teddy bear though! She is more like a.... I don't know, but guess what. She has a boo boo. I didn't say anything, but it makes me sad. It looks like a puppy got her, but puppies are nice!" I glance at Emmett and he nods.

"Maybe Emily is a warrior. You know warrior's have scars, that means they have fought a battle and won." I face palm myself. That is the last thing you need to tell her. She's going to go up to Emily now and ask what type of battle she fought.

"Really? Miss Emmy is very brave." We nod and she giggles. "Don't tell Miss Emmy this, but I like you more. You're my favorite Emmy." Emmett grins, happily and twirls her around in the air as she giggles.

"Guess what? You're my favorite Grace, favorite Gracelyn, favorite sister, favorite Cullen, and favorite four year old ever!" She giggles, but is very confused. Oh gosh, Emmett just messed up.

"Grace. Mama has some food in the kitchen let's so get some, ok?" She nods and happily skips off.

I glare at Emmett. "Couldn't have used any other words besides sister? She's going to ask questions now and it's all your fault."

Emmett looks down, "Hey, it just slipped out. We are telling her we are her siblings anyways, so that's ok." I shake my head and sigh deeply. Goodness gracious the things I have to deal with.