Chapter 43

The bell rings, signaling the last bell of the week. I let out a small sigh and put all my books up, walking slowly to the parking lot.

I see my siblings waiting for me and I walk towards them, hugging Jasper when I get there. "I miss Edward," I whine for the one hundredth time in the past five days.

"I know, darlin'. We do too. He'll be back soon, remember? He can't risk hurting you though."

*Flashback*
"Thank you for helping me with my homework, Sam!" I say as I slam the car door shut and walk with Seth towards the house.

"No problem, kiddo. Come over soon. We've missed you."

I wave as he pulls out of the drive and skip up the steps holding Seth's hand before he freezes, stoping me in my tracks. "What's wrong, Seth?"

Seth looks at me sadly before squeezing my hand, "Come on. Everyone's waiting on you."

I start to panic slightly and he holds me close as I walk through the door, seeing everyone waiting for me, a bag sitting off to the side.

"What's wrong? We're not moving are we?"

Edward comes up and kneels down in front of me. "We're not moving, but I've got to go Alaska for a while Princess."

My hands start to shake as I hold back my tears. "Why? What's wrong? Did I do something?" My voice cracks as I try to understand why Edward has to leave us.

Edward pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around his neck tightly. "No, love. You didn't do anything. I have to get my thirst under control so it's safe for me to be around you. I can't take any chances when Isabella is around us. She's Jacob's imprint, so I can't hurt her. I'll be back, I promise."

"I'll stay away. I'll go to the pack's house for a while. Just don't leave me. We need you," I cry softly into his neck.

"It's not you, Princess. Isabella is my blood singer, so I can't risk loosing control when you're around. Let me get my thirst under control when I'm around her so I won't have to be afraid to be around you, ok? I'll be back soon, I promise."

"I just started feeling better. Why are you leaving me when I feel better?"

Edward pulls away and wipes the fallen tears from my face. He kisses my head while whispering, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, baby."

"I promise I'll be back soon. You're not going to be alone, you know this. No one else is leaving. Our family is still here and the pack is still here. They will take my place until I return."

"No one can take your place Eddie. You know this."

Edward sighs before kissing both my hands and standing up. "I've got to go. Don't give everyone too much trouble, ok?"

I wipe my tears away, my sadness slowly fading and anger replacing it. "If you're not back for Rose's birthday I will never forgive you," I say angrily as I peer up at him. He knows how much I love to celebrate birthdays, so if he isn't back in two weeks to celebrate Rosalie's then he will regret it.

"I promise to be back for Rose's birthday. I'll even pick up a gift while I'm gone, ok?"

I don't respond, I just back away and stand by Seth who holds me tightly. Edward sighs, realizing I'm mad at him, and he looks at Seth. "Take care of her, please." Seth nods and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

In a flash, Edward speeds off.

In a flash, the tears fall.

*End of Flashback*