Chapter 56

It has officially been four months since I have lived with Sam and Emily, one month since I've gotten better, and three weeks since I was given my fur baby. The pack hasn't found Laurent, or even smelt any scent of him, but they are keeping something from me. They don't want to worry me, so I haven't pestered them too much about it. I know if it's about Laurent they'll tell me.  Anyways, Seth is making me and Willow go on walks and work on her training continuously, saying that I can't "spoil her and let her do whatever she wants to all the time."

With that being said....

I completely ignored Seth and am letting my baby sleep

I completely ignored Seth and am letting my baby sleep. She's just so sweet. She needs the rest, poor thing.

I hear a laugh from behind me and I turn to see Emily staring at Willow who's napping on my lap while I take pictures of her and set that one as my wallpaper, leaving the one of me and Seth still up as my home screen. He'll always be my original puppy.

"You know Seth's going to fuss when he sees you pampering her, right?"

I nod with a smile and she shakes her head with a grin as Collin and Brady walk in. "Hey Em, hey Grace." They come by and pet Willow before ruffling my hair and hugging Emily, then grabbing two sacks on the table and yelling "Thanks! Bye!"

I look at Emily curiously and she says, "School. I made their lunch."

I nod before my eyes widen and I gasp, making Willow jump up alert. "School! Oh my gosh I haven't been to school in four months! I won't have all As this year! Or even all Bs! What am I going to do!" I start panicking as I think about all the work missed.

There's no way I'm passing the ninth grade. I have missed a whole four months of school! Almost the whole last semester! What if I get in trouble? What if Sam and Emily get in trouble? Are they going to go to jail? Am I going to go to jail. Oh gosh, oh gosh.

I hear a tiny bark snap me out of my thoughts and Willow sits up in my lap and is pawing my shirt before laying her head on my shoulder. I let out a deep breath and cuddle her close to me as I keep my tears inside my eyes.

"Don't worry about school, Gracie. Your family took care of it. They told the school Carlisle found a job in New York and you moved. Don't panic, sweetheart. If you want, I can give you some school work to keep you up to date."

I nod as I bury my head into Willow's fur and she nuzzles my neck. "I'm not panicking, Em. I just got worried for a second."

Emily smiles at me, "Right.... Well, before the boys come in, do you want to make cookies?"

I nod with a smile and I gently set Willow on the couch as I stand up and walk with Emily to the kitchen. Willow barks adorably to get my attention and I turn to see her peering off the edge of the couch while tilting her head to the side to look at me. A look I've come to recognize as 'Why did you leave?'