Chapter 13

Me and my siblings run to the treaty line. "I smell them. Their here." Emmett says.

I nod, "Let's get this over with. We need to talk. Come here." I say and two wolves walk out of the forest to the boarder.

Behind them Jacob and Paul walk out and face us. "What do you want bloodsuckers?" Paul asks and the wolves behind him growl lowly. "Don't you ever scare Grace again. Do you hear me?" I hiss at them.

"Don't let her near our lands." Paul growls back at us.

"She's a little girl! She doesn't know about any of this! It's not her fault! You shouldn't have been in your wolf form when you knew she was around!" Rosalie shouts at them.

"We're on patrol leech. It's our job to take care of the land. Yours is to keep it way from us." Paul snaps back. I'm about jump over and rip his head off right now.

Jasper and Emmett hold me back and I yell at them, "This is a child we are talking about! She is NOT an it. Unlike you dogs, she is an actual human being. If I her you call her that one more time...."

Emmett tightens his grip on me. "Unlike us? You are dead, bloodsucker." Jacob says and rolls his eyes.

"Just stay out of her line of sight. You've caused enough problems. Starting with coming to our home to see her."

Jacob rolls his eyes, "Just because your jealous because the kid likes us doesn't mean that's a problem."

I snarl, "You've made her cry three times. That's more than she ever had with us!" He laughs bitterly, "I doubt that, bloodsucker." I growl and go to move, but Emmett pulls me hard. "Edward. Stop it. Grace is at home scared and afraid and your here picking fights with wolves. Let's just go home to Gracelyn. She's been upset enough for one day."

I nod and run as fast as I can home. I listen and hear Grace crying louder than she was before. "I want Eddie!" She cries.

"I know baby. They'll be back soon. Their making sure the bear went away."

"No! I don't want them out there. They need to be here with me!" I walk in and see Grace crying in a pillow and Carlisle and Esme sitting beside her.

'Oh thank goodness. She's been crying for you since everyone left.' Carlisle thinks to me.

I nod and walk over. I pick her up and she cries some more. "No! I just want Eddie! I want them back!"

I cradle her, "Shh, shh. I'm right here. I'm here, Grace." I say to her. She looks up at me and hugs my neck tight. "Don't leave me, Eddie! Don't go back out there!"

I hold her tight, "I promise we won't go back out there. Are you ok?" She nods and holds on to me tighter.

"The others are coming. You want to say hi to them too?" She nods and runs over to them when they walk into the room. Emmett picks her up and she holds on to him.

"Don't leave me, Emmy. Stay here." She says and he hugs her tight. "I would never." He says and gives her to Rose.

"Will you stay with me, Rosie? Please?" She asks with tears still in her eyes. Rosalie smiles and hugs her, "Of course. I love you."

"I love you too, Rosie." She mumbles. Rose hands her to Alice and Grace greets her just like Rosalie. After Alice and Grace talk Alice gives her to Jasper. "Promise me you won't leave me Jazzy. Don't leave me, never ever never." She says and shakes her head.

"I won't leave you darlin'. I'll always be here to keep you safe." She hugs him and he smiles and hugs her back.

Everyone has the same thought in their mind. What are we going to do once she's older? We can't leave her. We can't abandon her, so there's only one other option. Should we really tell her? She can't be apart of our world, but that's the only way to keep Grace in our lives.

Grace leaves Jasper and runs back to me. I pick her up and she clings to me. "It's ok, Grace. No one's going to leave you. We will always be here to protect you."

She sniffles, "But I don't want you to get hurt. The bear could kill you and I wouldn't get to see you again. I don't want you to go outside with the bear." She says and holds on tighter.

"The bear's gone, Grace. It won't be coming back anymore. It won't hurt us, we're tough." Emmett says and smiles at her. She looks at him, but doesn't smile.

"You could get hurt, Emmy. Don't go out there." She says and looks at him until he replies, "Ok. We won't. Let's put on your movie. We need to be happy."  She nods and lays her head on my shoulder.

I carry her to the fort and all of my siblings fill in around us. "Ok. Which one does Princess Grace want to watch first?" Alice asks.

"Umm... The one that everyone else wants." She says and curls up on my chest.

"Grace, this your day. You pick the movie you want."

She shakes her head, "No. You do it, Eddie."

I sigh and pop in The Little Mermaid. I lay down and she curls up by me and Emmett. By the end of it Grace's eyes are drooping and her face is tear stained.

Once it's over I lift her up and carry her to her room. She's sleeping in my arms, peaceful at last. I set her down in her bed and walk out the door.

I hear her light voice whisper, "Eddie? Please don't leave me alone. I'm afraid." I walk back over to her and pick her up. "I'm here, princess. I won't leave. Come here. Let's go to my room." I say and pick her up and we walk across the hall to my room.

I lay her down and come beside her. She balls her fist into my shirt and holds on tight. "Relax, Grace. Go to sleep. I'm right here."

She lets go, but wraps her arms around my neck, her head on my chest. I move her up some so her ear is on my shoulder, not my chest. The last thing I need is for her to ask where my heart beat is. Her nose nuzzles my neck and she slowly falls to sleep.