Chapter 20

A mix of Povs

Edward's
I watch as Carlisle and Esme drive off, taking Grace to preschool. She is so excited for today, I hope she will have no problems.

I start my run to Forks High School, hoping to get there in time to talk to the others. As I rush to the parking lot I see all of my siblings by their cars. I slowly walk over.

"Edward! Is she ok? Is she nervous? How did she look?" I chuckle quietly as Alice and Rosalie throw questions left and right.

"She's fine. She was not nervous, and she looks beautiful as always. Also, do you two mind skipping the rest of the day after lunch?"

Emmett and Jasper start to grin, while the girls look at us confused. "Why? It's our first day at Forks High Edward! We can't be seen as slackers!" Alice exclaims while Rosalie just shrugs her shoulders. "If it's important and not something stupid," she says glaring at her husband. Emmett's booming laugh fills the air. "Come on babe. I promised I wouldn't do it again!" Rosalie's death glare returns and she huffs.

"No. Nothing stupid. We just want to pick Grace up from school that's all." Both the girls star to beam.

"And Edward wants to beat Seth so he can't take her to La Push without us knowing," Jasper says with a grin while shoving my shoulder.

I shake my head, but won't deny the truth. I've somehow managed for Seth to always come over, instead of Grace going over there. Just the thought of Paul losing control makes me feel as if I would phase myself. Besides, Seth has been begging to take her down there, and who knows if he'll go without telling anyone.

It's not that I don't trust Seth. He is one of the few people I trust with Grace, it's just that I promised she would never get hurt, and if she does, I would not be able to cope.

"Grace goes to La Push sometime soon Edward. I've seen it. You know I'm right, so why try to fight it?"

Because Grace is mine. Because I can't loose her. Because I'm worried she'll like the pack like she likes Seth. And maybe because I still might be a tiny bit jealous that Grace like Seth over me. I hear the bell ring loudly and it knocks me out of my thoughts.

As we go to class, Jasper gives me a pointed look and thinks, 'You have no reason to be jealous Edward. Grace is still your mate, and still our baby. Yes Grace likes Seth, but just as she likes us. I think you should let her go to La Push. I am worried about her as well, but the boys know not to phase near her. They can't, they risk telling her about themselves, and we made the agreement to wait.'

I nod, but am not convinced. I feel a flutter of happiness, and joy rise in me and turn and glare at Jasper. He laughs and holds his hands up in surrender. I shake my head and laugh quietly to myself. Please let me get through this day.

Seth's
As I walk down the road all I can think about is Grace. She is so cute. I can't wait to take her to Emily's. She'll love it there. She can built sandcastles, and play in the water. The boys will love her too. Who can't love her?

I hope that I can make it to her school before Edward does. He is really protective of her, so I just do as he says, but today will be different. Emily has been begging me to bring her, and I can't hold off any longer.

I feel sorta jealous of Edward. At least he has his mate. I can't even get the full imprint experience, not that I would want to with Grace. She's just my little sister, and Edward's mate.

On the bright side, I don't have to worry about imprint on someone I hate, right? And I can see if Sarah likes me back. She should, I'm hot stuff.

Esme's
I can't belive that my little girl is so big! I glance at the back of the car and see Grace smiling brightly as she looks out the window. "Are you excited Grace?" I ask, smiling just as brightly as she was.

"Yes! I'm going to make so many new friends!" I smile and nod at her enthusiasm.

"Grace dear, we're here." My husband says, and squeezes my hand one last time before getting out of his door. I give Grace another smile and get out as well.

I turn and she Grace running up to the school building. I hurry and take a picture, knowing Alice would want one, and follow her.

As me and Carlisle sign her in, and follow her to her classroom, I see Grace freeze. "What's wrong Grace?" Carlisle says.

She tears up a little bit. "I want to go home. I want to be with Emmy and Eddie and the others."

I pick her up and she hugs me tight. "Why sweet pea? You were so excited to come to big girl school. You'll have so much fun, and either Seth or the others will come and pick you up. You'll see them in a few hours." She shakes her tiny head, not letting her tears fall yet.

"There is too many people. I just want Sethy and Eddie and Emmy and Rosie and Jazzy and Allie." Carlisle rubs Grace's back gently and gives her a hug, leaving to just hold her hand.

"I know you do baby girl, but they will be here in no time. In the meanwhile go make some new friends, so you can introduce them to your other friends at home." She nods slowly and gives us each a big hug and kiss on the cheek. "I love you Mama. I love you Daddy." I smile as I feel tears that wouldn't fall, fill my eyes.

"And we love you darling. So very much. We will never let you forget it." She nods and hops down, her eyes now dried and bright again.

"Ok. I'm going to go meet my friends. Bye Mama! Bye bye Daddy!" I smile as Carlisle laughs. "Goodbye Gracelyn. Be good, ok?" She nods and runs up to her teacher.

"Hello. I'm Gracelyn Cullen. You can call me Grace. All my friends do! This is my first day! I'm four, but I'm fixing to be five years old!" I smile and laugh at how she tried to pronounce her last name.

"Well, Miss Gracelyn. I am Mrs. Kelly, and we are going to have so much fun this year, ok?"

Grace jumps up and down, "Ok!" I glance at Carlisle and he looks at me. "Dear, I think we need to let her go." I nod, and sigh sadly. My baby is all grown up.